PDA

View Full Version : Shark Injector code 132.. I Want to smash something

Campster23
05-12-2016, 03:06 AM
Hey guys, got my shark injector yesterday. I tried every which way to get this thing to work. From attempt 1 thru attempt 15 last night when I reached the point of wanting to break something. Everytime it came back with code 132. Did it with battery charger on, full battery with charger on, no charger, waited a few minutes in between attempts, disconnected the battery three times touching and then holding positive and negative together, waited till the morning. I'm pretty sure that covers most of my efforts.. Anyone else have this problem?? Got it from bimmer world.com and of course their hours are 10-6 while I'm working so they aren't going to be much help.. Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance..
Kev

az3579
05-12-2016, 07:05 AM
How old is your battery? If it's old, it will probably not flash even if it's fully charged.
My battery was still good enough to not cause any electrical concerns but it was 5 years old when I tried to flash. It refused.
Worked fine once I replaced my battery.

Campster23
05-12-2016, 09:41 AM
How old is your battery? If it's old, it will probably not flash even if it's fully charged.
My battery was still good enough to not cause any electrical concerns but it was 5 years old when I tried to flash. It refused.
Worked fine once I replaced my battery.

Just talked with bimmerworld, they told me to go look at my door and tell them when it was manufactured. Gave them date and they said you have the shark injector for you car up till a month before your car was produced, I said ok can you ship me the correct one, their response was "sure, that ones not on sale tho so it will be another $100" I said never mind just take it back. I just wish they would have put something on the site saying to check which month your car was manufactured. Just kind of sucks. Thanks for the advice!

09mageec
05-12-2016, 10:13 AM
That is ridiculous! They should specify.

az3579
05-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Just talked with bimmerworld, they told me to go look at my door and tell them when it was manufactured. Gave them date and they said you have the shark injector for you car up till a month before your car was produced, I said ok can you ship me the correct one, their response was "sure, that ones not on sale tho so it will be another $100" I said never mind just take it back. I just wish they would have put something on the site saying to check which month your car was manufactured. Just kind of sucks. Thanks for the advice!

What is the production month/year for your car??

KevinC
05-12-2016, 11:57 AM
That's beyond ridiculous, it shouldn't cost any different just because the car is newer or older and requires a different file on the dongle? I'd call and speak to a manager and see if they can make it right. Tell them you're a member of 27 different BMW forums on the interwebs and will be sharing your negative experience on every single one of them. Might get their attention.

Campster23
05-12-2016, 01:26 PM
What is the production month/year for your car??

My car was made 03/03. The one they shipped was for cars made up to 02/03.. Insane.

danewilson77
05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Auto charger or manual?

S7 Edge, out

danewilson77
05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
My car was made 03/03. The one they shipped was for cars made up to 02/03.. Insane.
Ahhh... Ok.

S7 Edge, out

az3579
05-13-2016, 03:34 AM
That's beyond ridiculous, it shouldn't cost any different just because the car is newer or older and requires a different file on the dongle? I'd call and speak to a manager and see if they can make it right. Tell them you're a member of 27 different BMW forums on the interwebs and will be sharing your negative experience on every single one of them. Might get their attention.

They are supposed to cost the same, but apparently the one he bought was the one on sale. Sales happen to move inventory. They probably sell enough of the other one where they didn't have to put it on sale to move product. This one might not be as popular. :dunno

It looks like they don't have this product anymore for pre-03...
I got a "this item is no longer available" message when clicking on it.

http://www.bimmerworld.com/USB-Conforti-Shark-Injector-Software-E46-330-2-03.html

09mageec
05-13-2016, 04:49 AM
It looks like they don't have this product anymore for pre-03...
I got a "this item is no longer available" message when clicking on it.

Ooooooo, I smell fish!

Aeternalis
05-13-2016, 05:51 AM
One of the things I like about TMS. The configurator on their site for the injector is very clear about model years and engines. Second from the bottom specifically mentions the ZHP, too.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-338935-e46-325330-shark-injector-performance-software/?pdk=AQEB

Campster23
05-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Ooooooo, I smell fish!

I sent it back and ate $30 in shipping costs. I don't encourage any business with bimmerworld.com and will be doing zero shopping with them anymore. I went back over the site to see if I'm just an idiot, but if you don't know what you are looking for in the numbers, which I now know are referring to manufacturing dates, they just look like any other internal product code that most sites have and usually mean nothing to anyone shopping.