PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 330i ZHP 6MT Sedan

E46M3GTR
05-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Hello all! I'm in the market for a great condition, low mileage, 330i sedan.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Title: Clean title only
Year(s): 2003-2005
Budget: 15k (Though I am willing to pay more for a very clean, very low mileage car.)
Desired location of vehicle: Maryland, or the states bordering it.
Desired Mileage: 100k or less.
Transmission type: 6MT
Desired number of Doors: 4
Desired Color combos: Any exterior colors except silver or red, and any interior color.
Desired Packages: Both the Cold Weather and the Premium packages, as well as a moon roof delete.

Of course, this is just my wish list, so if you have a car for sale that checks at least some of the boxes, feel free to contact me. The only options I'm gung-ho about are the manual transmission and the moon roof delete.

Feel free to send me a PM here, or email me at E46M3GTRBMW@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading,
E46M3GTR

NoVAphotog
05-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Hello all! I'm in the market for a great condition, low mileage, 330i sedan.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Year(s): 2003-2005
Budget: 15k (Though I am willing to pay more for a very clean, very low mileage car.)
Desired location of vehicle: Maryland, or the states bordering it.
Desired Mileage: around 50k or less.
Transmission type: 6MT
Desired number of Doors: 4
Desired Color combos: Any exterior colors except silver or red, and any interior color.
Desired Packages: Both the Cold Weather and the Premium packages, as well as a moon roof delete.

Feel free to send me a PM here, or email me at E46M3GTRBMW@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading,
E46M3GTR

Got some hard to find specs there my friend. GLWSearch!

ELCID86
05-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Don't be so hung up on mileage unless you desire a garage queen.

E46M3GTR
05-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Don't be so hung up on mileage unless you desire a garage queen.

I just don't want to spend top dollar for a rarer car with all the features I'm looking for, just to have to spend a bunch more on refurbishing a higher mileage car. If a car is very well maintained, I'm open to any car under 100k, but around 50k-75k would be preferred.

Vas
05-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Good luck. They can be found but rare

slater
05-19-2016, 07:11 PM
I just don't want to spend top dollar for a rarer car with all the features I'm looking for, just to have to spend a bunch more on refurbishing a higher mileage car. If a car is very well maintained, I'm open to any car under 100k, but around 50k-75k would be preferred.

with the age of the cars now, even low mileage cars need some refurbishment... rubber dries/wears out. and, lack of use can be really bad for a car.

NoVAphotog
05-19-2016, 07:11 PM

Eh, it's a toss up at this point. There have been other threads on this, but the general consensus is that regardless of mileage all of these cars are going to require some sort of investment off the line. Better to focus on the maintenance history and overall cosmetic condition rather than 'mileage' specifically, but it sounds like you have that mindset already so it's a moot point.

NoVAphotog
05-19-2016, 07:13 PM
with the age of the cars now, even low mileage cars need some refurbishment... rubber dries/wears out. and, lack of use can be really bad for a car.

Did we just post the same point at the same time? Guess you owe me some poutine next time I'm up there...

slater
05-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Eh, it's a toss up at this point. There have been other threads on this, but the general consensus is that regardless of mileage all of these cars are going to require some sort of investment off the line. Better to focus on the maintenance history and overall cosmetic condition rather than 'mileage' specifically...

those are the key principles in The Slater Rules For Car Buying, right there. great minds... ;)

however, when something like a 1/1 estoril blue ZHP comes along... those principles can fly out the window...

slater
05-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Did we just post the same point at the same time? Guess you owe me some poutine next time I'm up there...

yes, we did.... and, LOL @ poutine... :)

beers and beavertails. and beers.

E46M3GTR
05-19-2016, 07:39 PM

Eh, it's a toss up at this point. There have been other threads on this, but the general consensus is that regardless of mileage all of these cars are going to require some sort of investment off the line. Better to focus on the maintenance history and overall cosmetic condition rather than 'mileage' specifically, but it sounds like you have that mindset already so it's a moot point.

Thanks for the insight guys. I have edited my OP to reflect this. The only things I really won't budge on is the manual transmission and the moonroof delete. Those are features I really want.

slater
05-20-2016, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the insight guys. I have edited my OP to reflect this. The only things I really won't budge on is the manual transmission and the moonroof delete. Those are features I really want.

that's cool - gotta stick to your guns on the stuff you want! definitely focus on maintenance history over mileage at this point - with a car this old, it's very important who you are buying from as well - a car that was taken care of is always the right choice, regardless of mileage...