PDA

View Full Version : FS: genuine BMW windshield sunshade for E46 sedan

KevinC
06-20-2016, 12:06 PM
BMW p/n 82111470411. I've been using on my coupe for 4 years, but it never fit right. Now I know why - this is the sedan-only part number (despite some sites stating that it fits sedan & coupe - not so, coupe/E46 has a different part number and slightly different dimensions). 4 years of use, so it doesn't look brand new, but performs exactly like brand new, and will fit a sedan like a glove. These are the "hard" accordion-style shades that hold up to years of use and do a much better job than the foily-type cheap-o alternatives from the car wash gift shop.

Link to part @ FCP:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-sunshade-82111470411

Yours for $30 including USPS shipping to lower-48 addresses.

az3579
06-20-2016, 12:49 PM
I'll take it...

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

cakM3
06-20-2016, 05:50 PM
very nice BP!! :thumbsup

terraphantm
06-20-2016, 06:46 PM
BMW p/n 82111470411. I've been using on my coupe for 4 years, but it never fit right. Now I know why - this is the sedan-only part number (despite some sites stating that it fits sedan & coupe - not so, coupe/E46 has a different part number and slightly different dimensions). 4 years of use, so it doesn't look brand new, but performs exactly like brand new, and will fit a sedan like a glove. These are the "hard" accordion-style shades that hold up to years of use and do a much better job than the foily-type cheap-o alternatives from the car wash gift shop.

Link to part @ FCP:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-sunshade-82111470411

Yours for $30 including USPS shipping to lower-48 addresses.

If you haven't already bought a new sunshade for the coupe, get the covercraft UV10792SV. Same guys who make the BMW one, except they actually make a coupe fitment piece

http://i.imgur.com/x2WrJgvl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yK17Itzl.jpg

cakM3
06-20-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting that Mirza! I will be sourcing some for my p-car soon :thumbsup

KevinC
06-20-2016, 07:25 PM
If you haven't already bought a new sunshade for the coupe, get the covercraft UV10792SV. Same guys who make the BMW one, except they actually make a coupe fitment piece

That's what I ordered today. For some reason, after 4 YEARS, this was bugging me this weekend (a 120-degree day will get into your skull, trust me) and in a moment of clarity, I figured out that this ill-fitting thing must be for the sedan. Why this didn't dawn on me years ago, I have no idea. I've always known that the coupé is wider than the sedan, so it's only common sense that the fitment here would be different. A couple of sites incorrectly list ONE part number (the sedan version of the OEM shade) as being for coupés or sedans. But Hovercraft has 2 part numbers, and I eventually found sites that correctly showed that the one I have does NOT fit the coupé. So I ordered the correct Hovercraft version from Amazon. Comes out a bit cheaper than ordering direct, and they'll drop-ship it out of Hovercraft anyways.

KevinC
06-20-2016, 07:28 PM
I'll take it...

Are you ok with waiting about a week? Amazon initially showed "in stock" but that was a 3rd party seller with some hideous projected ship dates that told me they don't have it and would be ordering from Hovercraft anyways. So I went the cheaper route (Amazon prime) and should see it in a similar timeframe (7-10 days hopefully). Being that I'm in Phoenix, I can't really do without the current one until I get the replacement - if you'd been here the past couple of days, you'd understand! If you can wait a bit, I'll PM with my PayPal email address when I'm ready to ship. Let me know if that works for you.

az3579
06-21-2016, 04:42 AM
Are you ok with waiting about a week? Amazon initially showed "in stock" but that was a 3rd party seller with some hideous projected ship dates that told me they don't have it and would be ordering from Hovercraft anyways. So I went the cheaper route (Amazon prime) and should see it in a similar timeframe (7-10 days hopefully). Being that I'm in Phoenix, I can't really do without the current one until I get the replacement - if you'd been here the past couple of days, you'd understand! If you can wait a bit, I'll PM with my PayPal email address when I'm ready to ship. Let me know if that works for you.

Fine by me, bud - no rush. :thumbsup
Please PM me your PayPal address so I could get the payment out of the way.

KevinC
06-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Good news - the new one shipped already today, delivering on Thursday. I'll put the old one in that box and ship either Thursday night or Friday day. :)