PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Someone Can Help Decypher This..

FL116
06-24-2016, 04:34 PM
"Service Engine Soon" light came on and so I took it to BMW to have the codes scanned and this is what they gave me.. 11 different codes popped up. Now, I'm assuming there isn't this many problems but I didn't want to have them diagnose the issue yet. Has anyone had this info given to them by BMW and does anyone have any idea what I can do? Do I have to have them diagnose it? Or can I get the PA Soft scanner and get a more detailed reading of it? I don't know if it matters but I just surpassed 100k miles and wasn't sure if this was a "planned" SES light. Here is the codes given to me from BMW.

On the bright side, I was able to test drive a Porsche and a 650i for the "Drive for a Cause" while I was waiting. My girlfriend loved it. It was a awesome and I may have roasted the tires launching the 650i lol

Boca_RatonZHP
06-24-2016, 05:21 PM
You 100% need to change your MAF. Mass Air Flow sensor.

I would highly suggest you check the spark plugs and spark plug boots.

Just start with those, you can 100% diagnose and replace this stuff yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slater
06-24-2016, 07:04 PM
definitely get a cable and PASoft, clear the codes and then see what comes back - some of those may be old codes.

FL116
06-24-2016, 09:35 PM
definitely get a cable and PASoft, clear the codes and then see what comes back - some of those may be old codes.

Okay. Yeah, I feel like they may be old.

You 100% need to change your MAF. Mass Air Flow sensor.

I would highly suggest you check the spark plugs and spark plug boots.

Just start with those, you can 100% diagnose and replace this stuff yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just replaced the spark plugs not too long ago. Why do you say I need to change the MAF sensor?

EDIT: Also, my oil light keeps coming on and off, thinking it's just the oil level sensor as mentioned in the code above? Oil level is fine and there are no leaks.

bosszhp
06-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Okay. Yeah, I feel like they may be old.

I just replaced the spark plugs not too long ago. Why do you say I need to change the MAF sensor?

EDIT: Also, my oil light keeps coming on and off, thinking it's just the oil level sensor as mentioned in the code above? Oil level is fine and there are no leaks.

The air mass code is most likely stemming from the MAF, had to replace my air mass boot not too long ago because of a similar code (boot had a slight tear and thus outside air was getting in causing the MAF code).