PDA

View Full Version : 2005 BMW 330i ZHP MT 108k St. Louis, MO - $9995

Merritt07
08-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Found my old car for sale, so I figured I should post it. I'm only posting so that this will show up in someone's google search if they decided to look for history on the car. I don't want someone to buy my old problem without being educated.

http://www.pureautomotive.net/2005_BMW_3%20Series_Ofallon_MO_4869881.veh

WBAEV53445KM08321

This is my old ZHP that I owned since 2011 from 48k miles. I've got good maintenance history for it should someone want it. Any maintenance that I did not complete myself was performed at a reputable dealer in the area. I have receipts for all parts purchased.

Let's start with the bad:

It's been hit in the rear in 2012. Only cosmetic damage and was fixed at Plaza here in St. Louis. There were no structural damages nor lasting affects.
Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/iWkJg

It's burning oil. At one point I was going through a quart every 500 ish miles. I couldn't find where the oil was going and I wasn't producing blue smoke. I ended up replacing the crankcase vent valve in May or June this year, but I was pretty paranoid that the issue was never resolved. I traded it in because of the paranoia caused by this.

Cylinder 5 has scarring. This was my fault. While changing the plugs, a bit of porcelain broke loose and fell into the cylinder. I, like the bastard I am, with no way realistically fixing this said fuck it, and started the car. It sputtered a bit and ran rough then was fine. No issues after. I had the cylinders all pressure checked and scoped a year ago and the numbers were acceptable. I don't have the papers in front of me to give you exact numbers.

Front bumper and most of the supporting plastics replaced. Two weeks after buying the car, I was tooling around and spun it up a grass embankment doing $1500 in damage. I hadnt even paid taxes on it yet. I purchased all new parts (OEM) and had it painted and matched at a local shop that an ex's father owned. The clear coat was beginning to chip when I traded it in (5 years later).

Front tires are shot. Unless they replaced them, the fronts need new tires.

Dinks and dents. Unless they worked these out, there are a couple nice dinks in the hood from a hail storm a few years back and a nice door dink on the rear passenger from my friends stupid drunk girlfriend. It's also got chips all over the hood.

Engine cover is broken and in my storage. Took it off while doing some work and left it on the garage floor. A drunk friend stepped on it and broke it in half. Sad day. My fault for leaving it on the floor.

The Good:

Basically all maintenance is up to date. Cooling system was replaced at 60k miles, minus expansion tank. Also changed the transmission fluid at this time.

Shocks done a year ago along with pads and rotors. Expansion tank was replaced at this time.

Crank case vent valve replaced along with all feeder hoses.

Interior condition is pretty good. Couple scratches and nicks here and there. Typical for a daily 12 year old car. New Coby steering wheel. New ZHP shift nob.

Oil changed every 7500 miles with a few exceptions. Always 0w-35 until I couldn't find it, then 0w-40 from then on. Always LL-01 approved.

I drove this car hard for the 60k miles I owned it. I never babied it. It saw rain, snow, hail, tornados, you name it. It sat in the sun for days on end. I am a shit owner and never waxed it minus whatever shit wax you get from a local carwash (touchless, I'm not a monster). It was a solid car for many years and didn't give me much issues until the last year. In that 12 months, I've put over $3600 into it. I will miss it.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try to log on every few days in case someone inquires.

If it means anything, I wouldn't buy it back.

BMWCurves
08-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Appreciate the honesty.

fredo
08-24-2016, 06:08 PM
+1. Please consider posting the VIN. How much did you get in trade-in ?

Merritt07
08-25-2016, 12:57 PM
I added the VIN and I received 4k trade in, but it was from another dealer. I'm sure this location purchased it at auction. The dealer's post isn't dishonest, if a bit misleading. They say has no previous collision damage, which is correct, the damage was fixed. The carfax reflects that it was hit since the damage was paid for by the other person's insurance.

Vas
08-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Thanks for sharing but man poor zhp.

Merritt07
08-26-2016, 05:59 AM
Thanks for sharing but man poor zhp.

I mean, truly the car was taken care of. I wasn't as diligent as a lot of the enthusiasts here, though. It was maintained and I took care of it... minus the whole not waxing it part... thats my fault. There are a few mistakes a made, but it fortunately didn't have a huge affect on it. Keep in mind that the whole reason I sold it was because I was paranoid of a larger problem that may have been fixed. I'm not a mechanic and I just didn't have the money to spend if I was wrong.

The car could genuinely be good, I just want a potential buying to be aware of the possibilities and to know what I know at the very least.

Merritt07
08-26-2016, 06:05 AM
This thing is like an abusive relationship. I keep looking back like, maybe it wasnt as bad as I keep making it out to be. I still stand on the, I wouldn't buy the car back mentality though. I was just afraid of having to sink more money into it that I couldn't afford.

330blast
08-31-2016, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the disclosure to your fellow mafias.