PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Manual ZHP in Tennessee

BMWM3186
10-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Hey guys, first post on the Mafia. For the past 5 months I have been looking for a ZHP coupe or sedan to purchase that is located in Tennessee. My criteria for the car is basically just the manual transmission, near stock condition, and would love to find one with service records. Colors and additional packages are not a huge deal to me, I think they all look great. Due to the ZHP being extremely hard for me to find I am also open to e36 M3s, and facelifted non ZHP 330s. Budget is around 15k, however I would prefer to spend less than that because I know I will probably need to put some money into the car as soon as I get it. If you are willing to sell or know someone selling or willing to sell please let me know, Thanks.

BMWCurves
10-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Welcome! That budget, as long as you're willing to expand your net a little wider than the greater Tennessee area, should get you something pretty darn good.

This one is $13,500 with 133k miles. That might seem high, but the owner has put a ton of money into preventative maintenance along with a lot of OEM+ goodies like M3 engine and trans mounts. It's a manual transmission with both Premium and Cold Weather Packages. There's an extra set of wheels you could probably sell if you wanted to offset the cost a bit. I'm actually trying to get my buddy onto the idea of buying it but he won't bite.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?18924-FS-2005-330i-ZHP-6MT-Orient-Blue-Sand

BMWM3186
10-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Welcome! That budget, as long as you're willing to expand your net a little wider than the greater Tennessee area, should get you something pretty darn good.

This one is $13,500 with 133k miles. That might seem high, but the owner has put a ton of money into preventative maintenance along with a lot of OEM+ goodies like M3 engine and trans mounts. It's a manual transmission with both Premium and Cold Weather Packages. There's an extra set of wheels you could probably sell if you wanted to offset the cost a bit. I'm actually trying to get my buddy onto the idea of buying it but he won't bite.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?18924-FS-2005-330i-ZHP-6MT-Orient-Blue-Sand

I REALLY REALLY like that ZHP ive been stalking this forum for awhile and have seen it. I just cant justify driving 13 hours each way to go look at it.

NoVAphotog
10-01-2016, 06:44 PM
I REALLY REALLY like that ZHP ive been stalking this forum for awhile and have seen it. I just cant justify driving 13 hours each way to go look at it.

Did I meet you at Nashville Cars and Coffee today?

And check out bimmershops.com. I used that to get a PPI done on my car...from Knoxville, Tennessee! 10 hour drive one way from NoVA. Got a report and used it to negotiate and then drove down and picked it up.

BMWM3186
10-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Did I meet you at Nashville Cars and Coffee today?

And check out bimmershops.com. I used that to get a PPI done on my car...from Knoxville, Tennessee! 10 hour drive one way from NoVA. Got a report and used it to negotiate and then drove down and picked it up.

It's possible, I was fundraising for my robotics team at cars and coffee today and did not get a chance to come and see what was up with all of the ZHPs before the squad left. Thanks for the link.

NoVAphotog
10-01-2016, 07:23 PM
It's possible, I was fundraising for my robotics team at cars and coffee today and did not get a chance to come and see what was up with all of the ZHPs before the squad left. Thanks for the link.

Oh wow then there was another guy going around admiring and saying the same things. ZHPs getting some love!

BMWCurves
10-02-2016, 04:17 AM

You could always contact the seller for more info and see if he'd be willing to take it in for a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) at a shop of your choosing to get an idea of any lingering issues.

johnrando
10-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Welcome. GLWSearch

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chacend
10-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Are you only looking for sedan/coupe or are you open to a convertible?

BMWM3186
10-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Are you only looking for sedan/coupe or are you open to a convertible?

Sedan and Coupe only.

ELCID86
10-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Welcome and happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone with TaT.

BimmerRules!
10-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Welcome! :)

I think you have a nice budget that could accommodate the shipping cost too, which I guess should be about $750.

If you really like that wonderful blue 6MT, go for it! It looks like a car that will not require that much money to put into it for the next year or two.

But at the same time, see if you can negotiate.

Some might suggest to keep the shipping cost out of the negotiation but as a buyer, that is money from your pocket. If seller does not have that many buyers lined up, the seller will surely be willing to consider the situation and might pitch in to offset. Does not hurt.

Go for it! :)

slater
10-06-2016, 10:16 AM
I think you have a nice budget that could accommodate the shipping cost too, which I guess should be about $750.

agreed.

got a nice, 1-of-1 estoril blue ZHP coupe coming up for sale on here soon... ;)

BMWCurves
10-06-2016, 10:44 AM
agreed.

got a nice, 1-of-1 estoril blue ZHP coupe coming up for sale on here soon... ;)

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that.

BMWM3186
10-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Welcome! :)

If you really like that wonderful blue 6MT, go for it! It looks like a car that will not require that much money to put into it for the next year or two.

But at the same time, see if you can negotiate.

Some might suggest to keep the shipping cost out of the negotiation but as a buyer, that is money from your pocket. If seller does not have that many buyers lined up, the seller will surely be willing to consider the situation and might pitch in to offset. Does not hurt.

Go for it! :)
It will take me awhile before I ever buy a car without seeing it in person first. Almost every car I've looked at so far has something majorly wrong with it that other people wouldn't notice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

slater
10-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that.

LOL. you'll see. :)

BimmerRules!
10-07-2016, 10:18 AM
It will take me awhile before I ever buy a car without seeing it in person first. Almost every car I've looked at so far has something majorly wrong with it that other people wouldn't notice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Understood but fyi that the for-sales put on our site by someone in the family can be relied up a lot more than any random listing. And I assumed you would arrange for a indy PPI.

Plus, I seriously doubt our members would put up something for sale if there is anything 'majorly' wrong with it that other people wouldn't notice.

Since you are new to the group, no doubt you are going to be skeptical especially as the amount is significant. Browse around our site and then maybe you will see where I am coming from.

All the best!

az3579
10-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Understood but fyi that the for-sales put on our site by someone in the family can be relied up a lot more than any random listing. And I assumed you would arrange for a indy PPI.

Plus, I seriously doubt our members would put up something for sale if there is anything 'majorly' wrong with it that other people wouldn't notice.

Since you are new to the group, no doubt you are going to be skeptical especially as the amount is significant. Browse around our site and then maybe you will see where I am coming from.

All the best!

I'm with BMWM3186 on this - I would never buy a car sight unseen, no matter how well it's described. It's due diligence. But, then again, if someone does buy a car without seeing it, then that means they're ok with that, and are willing to live with whatever discrepancies they find. I guess we are just not those kinds of people.

Besides, checking a car out, even if everything checks out, just means you can drive it back, and that is most of the fun in the process! :biggrin

D1ESEL
10-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Jconlin can tell you all about my blue ZHP and I am more then happy to bring it for a PPI :)

NoVAphotog
10-07-2016, 12:37 PM

+1

Anyone listing a car on here, especially someone who has been around awhile, is selling themselves as much as the car. This isn't craigslist...with vague information and sketchy listings. We all read the listings on here and vet them accordingly. If something looks out of place or isn't there it is mentioned and addressed. Plus, a lot of folks have build/maintenance threads for the vehicles that are up to date. And 99% of members on here will have no problems with a PPI and more pictures and video. I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you get all you need. The toughest part is even after all that, being able to walk away if on arrival it all comes crashing down...the chance of which, is unlikely, but that is the risk. The drive home is the funnest part though!

NYRhockey
10-07-2016, 04:44 PM
I bought mine sight unseen from FL, but this is a great community and had a member (barefoot) kindly go look at it and gave me a great report and pictures. After that it went to a PPI at the local BMW and then we went forward with the purchase. It can be done and you (anyone) could be passing on a great vehicle because of it. Silly, imo.

BimmerRules!
10-12-2016, 07:54 AM
I'm with BMWM3186 on this - I would never buy a car sight unseen, no matter how well it's described. It's due diligence. But, then again, if someone does buy a car without seeing it, then that means they're ok with that, and are willing to live with whatever discrepancies they find. I guess we are just not those kinds of people.

Besides, checking a car out, even if everything checks out, just means you can drive it back, and that is most of the fun in the process! :biggrin

Guess you missed the part where I mention about PPI. Unless of course, you don't consider PPI as part of your due diligence. ;) Kidding.

When it comes to the running of the car - especially the used ones - and inspecting everything under the hood and beneath the car, I would rather take the report of a trusted or reputed mechanic than go by what my eyes convey.

My bigger point was that our site (+ PPI :)) can be trusted a bit more than the other sites.

az3579
10-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Guess you missed the part where I mention about PPI. Unless of course, you don't consider PPI as part of your due diligence. ;) Kidding.

When it comes to the running of the car - especially the used ones - and inspecting everything under the hood and beneath the car, I would rather take the report of a trusted or reputed mechanic than go by what my eyes convey.

My bigger point was that our site (+ PPI :)) can be trusted a bit more than the other sites.

But typically mechanics don't care about cosmetics and other little things that would be important to someone that's picky.

A PPI only does so much. It won't give you a feel for the seller, which is also important.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

holyc0w
10-31-2016, 06:44 PM
4 hours away

2005 330i Black w/ alcantara
120,000 miles
aftermarket exhaust and not series 135 wheels
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/5855243149.html

2004 330ci white w/ black leather
155,000 miles
aftermarket wheels and coil-overs
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5819818593.html

BMWM3186
12-07-2016, 05:56 PM
bump. Still looking for a clean car, my options are pretty much open to a sport package 325 and 330 as well now. Preferably 2002-2006

BMWM3186
12-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Bought a car. Will be making a post about it very soon.

BMWCurves
12-10-2016, 05:32 AM
Congrats!

Vas
12-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Awesome.

san
12-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
12-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Good to hear

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic