PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW ZHP Sedan - Imola Red / 6MT with 28K miles - $28K (EAG)

NYRhockey
11-09-2016, 06:42 PM
EAG ladies and gentleman, pulling another gem out of the BMW heavens

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?id=5467&form_display=51

BMWCurves
11-09-2016, 07:02 PM
I'm impressed that they're finding these low mileage cars in the first place, and then turning around and selling them pretty darn quickly. Good for them.

It's kind of laughable to me, though. My father picked up his '06 TiAg on black leather coupe with 29k miles, 6MT, ZPP, ZCW, and an extra set of 17" BMW wheels for $17k last October. Now, it "lacks" Imola and two additional doors, but I don't think those are $11k worth of options.

NoVAphotog
11-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Looks familiar...and with the way the new cars are for the price; this is a better deal.

fredo
11-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Beauty.

slater
11-09-2016, 07:48 PM
I'm impressed that they're finding these low mileage cars in the first place, and then turning around and selling them pretty darn quickly. Good for them.

It's kind of laughable to me, though. My father picked up his '06 TiAg on black leather coupe with 29k miles, 6MT, ZPP, ZCW, and an extra set of 17" BMW wheels for $17k last October. Now, it "lacks" Imola and two additional doors, but I don't think those are $11k worth of options.

yes, but they have overhead to cover...

i'd pay $17K for a 29K-mile post-10/2004 sedan. now, i would be picky on the color... TiAg, or mystic blue, i think.

Looks familiar...and with the way the new cars are for the price; this is a better deal.

no kidding - it totally is. there is still 12-year old rubber bits to contend with, but it's still a better deal.

the want is strong with this one. wowzers!

san
11-10-2016, 06:38 AM
When EAG sells these do they replace most of the wear items like cooling system, suspension bits and maybe even sagging pillars and rubber liners? I think they do clean and detail the car inside out and make it looks brand new-ish...

If they do all that and I don't have to worry fixing stuff for a while then commanding a premium price is sort of ok, but I still agree that it is still quite pricey...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az3579
11-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Looks like the selective legality of crack in Ohio is still in effect.

BMWCurves
11-10-2016, 06:55 AM
When EAG sells these do they replace most of the wear items like cooling system, suspension bits and maybe even sagging pillars and rubber liners? I think they do clean and detail the car inside out and make it looks brand new-ish...

If they do all that and I don't have to worry fixing stuff for a while then commanding a premium price is sort of ok, but I still agree that it is still quite pricey...

According to their description:

Service Highlights Include an Inspection 2 Service with new fluids, filters + spark plugs, Preventative Cooling System Update with water pump, thermostat, expansion tank + system flush, brake fluid flush, power steering fluid flush, engine drive belts, upgraded urethane rear trailing arm bushings and performed a 4-wheel alignment. EAG also replaced the original tires with updated Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

Although their ad description says the car has the Premium Package, but photos show it does not have lumbar support i.e. no Premium Package.

slater
11-10-2016, 07:10 AM
According to their description:

Service Highlights Include an Inspection 2 Service with new fluids, filters + spark plugs, Preventative Cooling System Update with water pump, thermostat, expansion tank + system flush, brake fluid flush, power steering fluid flush, engine drive belts, upgraded urethane rear trailing arm bushings and performed a 4-wheel alignment. EAG also replaced the original tires with updated Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

yep, and they are addressing both aged items (belts, rubber, etc age even without use), and some common weak points in doing this type of refresh. it is basically part of what i did to the estoril coupe as well. it does add up (the above is about $1700 in parts alone), and is maintenance you don't have to do for a while, so it is peace of mind. i wouldn't expect anything less at their asking prices.

chris
11-10-2016, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry but that is ludicrous! I am trying to help my friend buy a ZHP, and this price is laughable.

Can anyone honestly say (even us) that they would take a 2004 ZHP with 28k miles for $28k, over a 2011 V8 M3 with a few more miles (~40k) for the same price (for sale right now)?

You just can pretend prices don't go down over time.

Vas
11-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Man that is a time capsule. If I did not own 2 of them, this would be a contender.

slater
11-10-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry but that is ludicrous! I am trying to help my friend buy a ZHP, and this price is laughable.

Can anyone honestly say (even us) that they would take a 2004 ZHP with 28k miles for $28k, over a 2011 V8 M3 with a few more miles (~40k) for the same price (for sale right now)?

You just can pretend prices don't go down over time.

i agree that $28K is a lot of money, however when you think about it in terms of getting a 2- or 3-year old ZHP (averaging 14K or 9.3K miles per year, respectively, would equal 2 or 3 years of use) for $28K.... it was a $50K USD car when new (heck, the price of my estoril coupe in canada was $68K CAD!). in that respect it's really not a bad deal.

however - in light of that argument, it's not like you're buying a camry here. you are an enthusiast and you've placed yourself into a completely non-standard situation, so 'logic' would kind of go out the window here. :)

in regards to the 2011 M3 - well, is that a private sale? remember that this ZHP is being offered by a dealer, so they are looking to make a profit (and probably a tidy one at that!).

for this particular car, i personally would not spend $28K USD, as i would buy something different if i was spending that kind of money. but if it was $18-20K i would heavily consider it.

NYRhockey
11-10-2016, 08:44 AM
With that mileage and pristine condition, even at that price it could even be considered an investment if the new owner gives it similar treatment.

At $28K it's way out of my league right now and given it's been a garage queen for 12 yrs I'd feel awful taking it out in rain and snow since that's what I'd sometimes would have to do.

Also at that cost you probably need to have mostly cash to pay for it bc I imagine it'd be difficult to get significant financing for it since banks just see a 12yo 330i

slater
11-10-2016, 08:58 AM
With that mileage and pristine condition, even at that price it could even be considered an investment if the new owner gives it similar treatment.

At $28K it's way out of my league right now and given it's been a garage queen for 12 yrs I'd feel awful taking it out in rain and snow since that's what I'd sometimes would have to do.

Also at that cost you probably need to have mostly cash to pay for it bc I imagine it'd be difficult to get significant financing for it since banks just see a 12yo 330i

all valid points - especially the financing bit.

re: the rain and snow - well, i would treat it as a 'new' car so in that respect it would see all of the trials of daily use, but the 'normal' (i say normal because an enthusiasts' "normal" is skewed) cosmetic care of a new-ish car. for me, the 'investment' aspect would be because i could daily drive it for the next 10 years as a 'new' car for way less than a new car.

tomnobes
11-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Hefty price but definitely is an immaculate machine. Would be nice if it had the primium package as well though... I just love the look of the navigation. Updates the car (even though zhps already look so amazing for their age IMO)

az3579
11-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Hefty price but definitely is an immaculate machine. Would be nice if it had the primium package as well though... I just love the look of the navigation. Updates the car (even though zhps already look so amazing for their age IMO)
Premium package does not include Navigation. It is a standalone option.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

tomnobes
11-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Whoops. My bad. I guess that should have been obvious.. know clue why I didn't know that.. thanks

BADCLOWN
11-10-2016, 04:08 PM
You can get a nice M3 from EAG for the same price, they are way overhead here.mayne 20-21k (at EAG pricing)

NYRhockey
11-10-2016, 05:20 PM
You can get a nice M3 from EAG for the same price, they are way overhead here.mayne 20-21k (at EAG pricing)

Back in June they had another Imola with 30K on it listed for $24K and sold before pics even got posted. 3K fewer miles should not add to a few thousand more in price, so this may go for a bit lower. However, some enthusiast may see the mileage starts with a "2" get all giddy and pay full price, who knows.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?18448-EAG-Does-it-Again-2004-Imola-Alcantara-6spd-Sedan-LOW-MILES&highlight=imola

ELCID86
11-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Looks just like my car ;-)

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

GreatFrog
11-11-2016, 09:30 PM
How about this M3:

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?id=5189&form_display=51

What would be the original sticker price for a M3 ZCP? Is the asking price higher than the original ticket price?

holyc0w
11-12-2016, 06:46 AM
It's getting around there. I'm not sure who would pay $30,000 extra over the 2004 one.
http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?id=4729&form_display=51

tomnobes
11-12-2016, 09:22 AM
I agree with you but I'm sure someone will pay the extra 30k for a 2 year newer car, navigation, better color IMO and the 30k less miles. But yeah, definitely hard to say those make it worth essentially double the price...

az3579
11-12-2016, 09:52 AM
I agree with you but I'm sure someone will pay the extra 30k for a 2 year newer car, navigation, better color IMO and the 30k less miles.

Apparently someone who has more money than sense.

holyc0w
11-12-2016, 09:56 AM
A collector maybe?

Sheepdog84
11-13-2016, 03:07 AM
That enthusiast auto joint is just a stone's throw from where i live..

they definitely have some salivation worthy cars- but it almost makes me sad that they didn't live their proper time on the road back in the day..

That M3 is definitely somethin' else though.

Simmsled
11-28-2016, 06:00 PM
yes, but they have overhead to cover...

i'd pay $17K for a 29K-mile post-10/2004 sedan. now, i would be picky on the color... TiAg, or mystic blue, i think.

no kidding - it totally is. there is still 12-year old rubber bits to contend with, but it's still a better deal.

the want is strong with this one. wowzers!

Slater, I have missed the significance of a post 10/2004 production sedan.
What is it?

slater
11-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Slater, I have missed the significance of a post 10/2004 production sedan.
What is it?

starting in 10/04 they were installing a reinforcement 'piece' into the RACP (sandwiched between the upper and lower panels, in the left-rear mount). this one prevent RACP tearing, but it definitely helps prolong damage.

Simmsled
11-29-2016, 11:12 AM
Ah. Thanks!

az3579
11-29-2016, 11:40 AM
starting in 10/04 they were installing a reinforcement 'piece' into the RACP (sandwiched between the upper and lower panels, in the left-rear mount). this one prevent RACP tearing, but it definitely helps prolong damage.

I guess having a 12/04 car has its advantages.