PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: illuminated shift knob

ziazhp
11-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Hi Guys,
Seeing if anyone has a zhp illuminated shift knob. Mine is busted. Anyone have one they want to sell or know where I can get one at a reasonable price? I previously got mine on Amazon but the seller is no longer listed. The M5 one is too much and needs to be modified with the boot. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

az3579
11-10-2016, 06:12 AM
If you want a lit ZHP style knob, there is no cheap option, unfortunately. The only lit one you can get that's somewhat reasonably priced is the M3 style knob, which is taller and doesn't look as good, IMO. I also don't think it's weighted as nicely, and even those cost more than a non-lit ZHP knob.

ziazhp
11-10-2016, 07:00 AM
If you want a lit ZHP style knob, there is no cheap option, unfortunately. The only lit one you can get that's somewhat reasonably priced is the M3 style knob, which is taller and doesn't look as good, IMO. I also don't think it's weighted as nicely, and even those cost more than a non-lit ZHP knob.

That's what I am finding. I had found mine for $100 in 2013 but guess they are no longer around.

az3579
11-10-2016, 12:21 PM
That's what I am finding. I had found mine for $100 in 2013 but guess they are no longer around.

Finding lit ZHP shift knobs on the used market is almost impossible. If it's not an M5 ZHP-style knob, then it's not factory. The LeatherZ ones are incredibly expensive (they actually cost significantly more than the F10 M5 knob!) and as a result, are pretty rare to see in the wild.
The F10 knob doesn't take much modification at all to get working, and it is amongst your cheaper options if you want the ZHP style knob.