PDA

View Full Version : FS: re-glued A pillar covers

slater
11-09-2016, 07:39 PM
these are the original A pillar covers from the estoril coupe. own a piece of history, folks! (LOL) :cheers

they were sagging at the bottom, so i did some research and used krylon fabric spray adhesive, which is supposed to be the best product for this job. they are holding beautifully since being glued, but i think the glue might have a been a little too thick in spots, as even though it's supposed to dry clear, there are a few blotches near the bottom where they meet the dashboard.

i thought about trying some fabric spray paint to "re-black" them, but i decided to just buy new A pillar covers and be done with it. so, these would be a good candidate for that if someone wants to try it out. or leave them as-is and enjoy no sag!

$50 plus shipping for the pair! :cheers

peter

Sreten
11-09-2016, 09:51 PM
I had great experience with 3M 77 adhesive spray for fabric. I've done bunch of them and it never once went through the fabric, just have to wait couple of minutes for the glue to dry and then put them together.

slater
11-10-2016, 04:27 AM
I had great experience with 3M 77 adhesive spray for fabric. I've done bunch of them and it never once went through the fabric, just have to wait couple of minutes for the glue to dry and then put them together.

i tried 3M Super77 first. it didn't hold well enough - it actually came apart after a few days of being in the car.

ELCID86
11-10-2016, 05:55 PM
these are the original A pillar covers from the estoril coupe. own a piece of history, folks! (LOL) :cheers

:rofl

Snuffalufigus
12-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Silly question, would these work on a coupe? My left side A pillar is peeling off like crazy

ZHPizza
12-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Silly question, would these work on a coupe? My left side A pillar is peeling off like crazy

They came out of a coupe...a very common one...

slater
12-09-2016, 04:52 PM

yep, these are from a coupe. :)

slater
03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
still for sale...