PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2004 ZHP Imola / Alcantara/ Silver Cube / 6SP / LSD - Dallas, TX - $9500

russiamutha
11-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone, listing my ZHP to see if there is any serious interest amongst community members.

Little bit of history: I bought this automatic ZHP back in April of 2015 in fairly neglected state at a local car auction. Honestly I didn't care for the condition since I bought it knowing I will have fun with it and therefore a lot of areas will be overhauled in process of making it fun-worthy. It sat at our warehouse about 6 months with occasional start ups and short drives to keep drivetrain lubricated and battery charged. As it sat until October of 2015, I had been slowly sourcing parts and performing general maintenance and at some point was able to source a complete 6sp swap kit along with custom 3.46 LSD - so naturally, we had swapped the automatic to manual. Ever since the swap was complete, I had been driving it on weekends or whenever my E92 M3 is/was in service and have collectively put 5k on the car since I purchased it. With my upcoming move to NYC, I don't think I will be enjoying it any time soon and therefore I'm gauging interest in selling it along with my X5.

(Note: I do NOT need to sell it, but will sell it for a reasonable price)

Car: 2004 330i ZHP
Mileage: 109,8xx
Color: Imola / Alcantara / Silver Cube
Transmission: Manual
VIN:
Title: Clean TX title, clean CARFAX
Price: $9500

Swap details: Again, car started off as an automatic but at 104k we had swapped it 6 speed transmission using a ZHP trans from an 06 coupe donor car. ECU/DME was updated to remove 4k dip and was coded to 6sp car, cluster gear selector was turned off. This car passes inspection and emissions with zero issues, there are no fault codes. Every single part (minus pedal assembly) needed for a swap was purchased from Classic BMW. Only pedal assembly was borrowed from an M3 donor car. Again, this swap was professionally performed by EuroAuto shop in Plano, TX - they had done plenty of E46 swaps and car was coded by NTX Coding. I personally know Christopher at NTX Coding, he's top notch and some of the SPEC E46 guys use his coding services. The only way anyone can tell that this ZHP was ever an automatic is by noticing a gear selector (turned off) inside the cluster.

Maintenance log:

@104k

Spark plugs
Coil packs
Valve cover gasket
VANOS seals
Water pump + T-stat
Radiator
Coolant hoses, including hard plastic engine hose

@105k

All vacuum hoses (oem)
Intake manifold gaskets (oem)
PCV and hoses (oem)
Starter (old starter bolt seized on auto trans)
Filters (oem)
FCABs (oem)
RTABs (oem)
Brake rotors and pads (ATE blanks I believe)
New wiper blades
New windshield washer pump

@108k

New (reman) steering rack (ZHP)
PS pump, hoses and canister

@109k

New electrical engine fan (converted from clutch fan)
Oil change
Rebuilt/rebalanced driveshaft + new CV joint
Airbag recall @ Classic BMW
Modifications
ZHP 6 Speed trans conversion
Clutch Masters organic clutch with lightweight flywheel
Performance Gearing (Jim Blanton) custom 3.46 LSD with finned cover
Bilstein PSS coilovers
UUC Swaybarbarians
M Performance gear knob
M3 leather steering wheel
AL Bi-Xenon headlights (swapped from original ZKW)
AFE intake with shield
ECS CF strut bar (not installed)
Hutchkis adjustable swaybar links
Chromatic rearview mirror
AUX port built into sunglass holder
Silver cube trim swapped from black cube
D-Force 18x9 square set, 17lb each wheel281732817428175

Problems

Alcantara material is torn on driver's bolster
Roof is showing sign of oxidized paint/clear coat.
Rear bumper is fading
Front bumper is showing scrapes
Oil pan gasket could use replacement at some point. Not leaving any drops on garage floor but gasket area is wet.

Overall the car is in great shape, this is my 3rd ZHP and by the most fun and quickest ZHP I've owned. Main plan was to build it for auto-x/track/sunday car. Between it, my E92 M3 and X5 - I don't get to enjoy it as much as I intended and with my move to NYC for at least a year, I'd hate to see it collect dust in my garage. With that said, I want to point out that this is not a museum piece - its a 12yr old vehicle with 100k+ miles with minor issues. I have priced it at around how much I have put into this car in parts and labor alone, so you're getting the car for free.

I do travel and work from various locations and therefore there will be no PPI time available. Interested/serious parties are welcome to order a mobile PPI to come to my house or feel free to inspect it during purchase. I have listed all issues above, this car spends time on the lift regularly and I am very meticulous about my maintenance. If you can't accept any minor issues that may arise with a 110k mile vehicle - please buy a new one with a warranty. My 2011 M3 with 22k miles on the clock is currently sitting at Classic BMW getting a new set of rod bearings due to premature wear. It had its rear wheel bearing replaced at 19k. They're only perfect until rolled off the lot.

Feel free to PM me for any questions.

BMWCurves
11-25-2016, 04:50 AM
GLWS, I think that's a fair price.

ELCID86
11-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Imola over Alcantara FTW. GLWS

slater
11-25-2016, 01:20 PM
GLWS, I think that's a fair price.

no kidding, that is a bargain - he's got ~$6000 into it just at the 109K mile service listed above!

HiFiGuy
11-25-2016, 02:28 PM
Neat car. All changes I'd be happy with myself. I have some of them already on my son's IR/NB ZHP 6MT sedan. I am very interested in details of the swap (parts needed, time, pitfalls, etc.) for a potential near-term purchase, if you wouldn't mind sharing. I PM'd you, just in case you don't look at them often (like I don't) and don't see it.

russiamutha
11-25-2016, 03:15 PM
I had replied back to your PM, let me know if you didn't receive it.

I a nutshell, there is a thread on M3forum listing all parts needed to take SMG to 6sp manual, same list applies to ZHP or any E46 for that matter. The swap itself is not difficult but it is labor hour and part cost intesive, so unless you plan on keeping your ZHP for a while and/or you were able to purchase parts at a low cost - it is cheaper to buy a manual car than go through conversion. So, unless you're really in love with your ZHP or M3 - I don't recommend going through conversion.

I used to own another IR/Alcantara 10 years ago with 6sp, so I knew this one would be here to stay longer term. Plus I sleep well knowing most of driveline is practically new, in fact it's just as shiny as my E92 M3 at the moment.

HiFiGuy
11-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Thank you, I will try to find that thread. Someone pointed out in my WTB thread that the parts were $2200-2500, and with labor, it'd be about $4k. Not sure if they meant with or without the trans, which I had mentioned earlier that I already had. That's close enough for gov't work. It sounds like you're saying there really aren't pitfalls to speak of, which is good. Thanks for the links to the two folks who helped you, too.

One quick note: I noticed that your signature shows the LSD as 3.64, but the FS ad shows you have a custom 3.46 finned. Is one of those a typo, or is one of them out-of-date?

russiamutha
12-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Yes, I would agree with $4k figure to get it all done properly. It is a 3.46 as I found out after speaking with Jim at Performance Gearing. Great LSD unit and highly recommend it as part of your swap.

russiamutha
12-04-2016, 12:07 AM
I forgot to mention that diff flush was done around 108k along with new steering coupler.

UdubBadger
12-12-2016, 07:53 AM
This still around?

russiamutha
12-12-2016, 03:00 PM
This still around?

yes, shoot me an offer

UdubBadger
12-12-2016, 03:25 PM
yes, shoot me an offer

I'll be in touch if it's something I want to look into further thanks.

russiamutha
12-31-2016, 10:21 PM
SOLD. Went to a fellow BMW enthusiast in Austin.

fredo
01-01-2017, 05:27 AM
Congrats. Hope you mentioned this forum. :thumbsup