3ZHPGUY
12-01-2016, 03:51 PM
limited time

The 2016 Turner 12 Days of Performance

http://bit.ly/2fIBWhb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vas
12-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Saw this sale. Really tempted to get another set.

Great pulley set.

ZHPizza
12-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Saw this sale. Really tempted to get another set.

Great pulley set.

I was really confused until I saw that you are a two ZHP household. Did you notice improved mpg's? That could sell it for the wife.

3ZHPGUY
12-02-2016, 10:57 AM
I was really confused until I saw that you are a two ZHP household. Did you notice improved mpg's? That could sell it for the wife.

It all depends on how you drive it after the mod. Yes, I can get better milage but, that extra power feels too good to keep my foot out of it.

I just reposted my milage log somewhere, that shows before and after milage.

Vas
12-02-2016, 11:27 AM

Not sure about mpg since she mostly drives her car and I just wrench on it.

But the way I sold it to my wife was when I was doing the cooling system and said metal pulleys are more reliable then the factory plastic units. So they will not leave you stranded on the side of the road.

GreatFrog
12-02-2016, 12:08 PM
It all depends on how you drive it after the mod. Yes, I can get better milage but, that extra power feels to good to good to keep my foot out of it.

I just reposted my milage log somewhere, that shows before and after milage.

Do you feel the difference at low to mid rpms? The TMS example dyno chart shows the HP benefit doesn't kick in until 4500 rpm, for torque it is even higher at around 5500 rpm. I rarely rev my car that high unless on track. Does it make a difference for daily use? Improved MPG could be a plus, but with today's gas price it would take a loooong time to break even?

GreatFrog
12-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Nevermind, just realized that dyno was for an M3. Maybe the performance improvement is more prominent on ZHPs?

3ZHPGUY
12-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Do you feel the difference at low to mid rpms? The TMS example dyno chart shows the HP benefit doesn't kick in until 4500 rpm, for torque it is even higher at around 5500 rpm. I rarely rev my car that high unless on track. Does it make a difference for daily use? Improved MPG could be a plus, but with today's gas price it would take a loooong time to break even?

I've had mine on for a long, long time and did notice a significant change when I installed them. I've got the set that maxes out the performance. The other set doesn't reduce the alternative as much and is meant for someone running a stereo amp. I'd say it is one of the best mods that I've done in the ten years I've owned my ZHP. I no longer have the flat spot due to a software update and feel a smooth hard pull all the way threw the rev band. I did have a valve stick in the power steering pump a few years ago but, that worked itself out and I don't know if it was ever related to the pulleys. It's a great hidden mod that puts a big smile on your face or just a shit ass grin.

ZHPizza
12-02-2016, 01:25 PM
Also wanted to add to this since I spent wayyy too much time digging through discussions on possible effects of underdriving the components. Here is where my thoughts lie:

Water Pump - Reduced flow speed shouldn't be an issue. Safe bet would be to do what 3ZHPGUY did and add a Stewart High Performance WP at the same time.

Power Steering - The steering is heavier at low speeds. Most people have said that they like this effect.

Alternator - Turner recommends getting the kit without the alternator underdrive pulley if you have an [aftermarket] high draw stereo system. They said the underdriven alternator is fine with the HK system and I also asked about running both seat heaters on max, which the rep confirmed was not an issue.

He reiterated that they have been selling this kit for over a decade with no issues to report. I'm sold.

GreatFrog
12-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Thanks for sharing!