PDA

View Full Version : Will these wheels fit?

jonnyd330
01-09-2017, 07:11 PM
So I am looking at a set of staggered wheels for my sedan and I am wondering about the rear fitment. I was hoping there were some wheel guru's on here that might help me figure out if these will fit. I am on stock suspension right now but plan to get coil-overs in the future with camber adjustment.

Anyway the rear wheel size is 18x9.5 et +35 and I would likely use the stock 255/35/18 tires.

az3579
01-10-2017, 04:39 AM
You are most definitely going to rub with the coilovers, unless you adjust them high or do a fender roll. Even with the fender roll, that's a bit too aggressive and you will probably still rub...

I just barely don't rub with my 18x8.5 et35's in the back, with 255 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and that's with my coilovers adjusted almost as high as they will go. Any lower and they rub.

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 06:20 AM
You are most definitely going to rub with the coilovers, unless you adjust them high or do a fender roll. Even with the fender roll, that's a bit too aggressive and you will probably still rub...

I just barely don't rub with my 18x8.5 et35's in the back, with 255 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and that's with my coilovers adjusted almost as high as they will go. Any lower and they rub.

Ugh, bummer. It's so hard to find staggered wheels that will fit a non-M.

How do the BBS CH's fit in the rear, tirerack says the 18x10 et40 will fit.

That would poke out 30.1mm vs a 9.5 et35 that would poke 28.7mm.

I might call tirerack and see what the deal is.

slater
01-10-2017, 06:31 AM
Ugh, bummer. It's so hard to find staggered wheels that will fit a non-M.

not hard at all. apex ARC-8.... 18x8.5 ET38 up front, 18x9 ET42 in the rear. done. :)

How do the BBS CH's fit in the rear, tirerack says the 18x10 et40 will fit.

that's going to be really hard on a non-M and will actually stick out 1mm further than an 18x9.5 ET35.

take a look at the apex wheels.

i actually have a crazy idea to run an 18x9.5 ET35 ARC-8 on the back of the Touring, but i might have to do some M3 bodywork to support them. ;)

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 06:39 AM
I'm would like to get a staggered set of either a 5 or 6 spoke wheel like Work wheels or Volks.

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 07:15 AM
Okay so tirerack is saying the 18x10 et40 would fit with just fender rolling. He also said it would work with a 1" drop so it seems like the 9.5 could fit.

slater
01-10-2017, 07:31 AM
I'm would like to get a staggered set of either a 5 or 6 spoke wheel like Work wheels or Volks.

then why did you list the CHs above? ;)

i mean, the BBS CH is my favorite wheel of all time. if only it was lighter.

Okay so tirerack is saying the 18x10 et40 would fit with just fender rolling. He also said it would work with a 1" drop so it seems like the 9.5 could fit.

what size tire are they recommending? because, as BP said, he's running an 18x8.5 ET35 (and i run that size and offset on my car too), and even that is an aggressive fitment for stock fenders. i rub on large compressions with 245/35/18 PSS, but i am running only -0.75º camber in the rear (with -1.5º i would be fine). BP i think is around -2.0º camber in the rear and running 255/35/18 PSS, which are a meaty tire.

you're definitely going to have to do some major fender rolling and/or pulling to get the 10's to fit with a stock tire size.

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 07:34 AM
He said stock tire size. I don't know. I would say both of you would know better than tirerack since your actually running the wheels.

UdubBadger
01-10-2017, 07:43 AM
ehhh, why the need for the extra 1" in the back? Just do 8.5" square, you can still fit the 255s on them

az3579
01-10-2017, 07:55 AM
what size tire are they recommending? because, as BP said, he's running an 18x8.5 ET35 (and i run that size and offset on my car too), and even that is an aggressive fitment for stock fenders. i rub on large compressions with 245/35/18 PSS, but i am running only -0.75º camber in the rear (with -1.5º i would be fine). BP i think is around -2.0º camber in the rear and running 255/35/18 PSS, which are a meaty tire.

I rub on really large compressions as well, but those are few and far in between. If I have 2 or 3 people in the back, it will rub on medium compressions as well. I am currently running -1 degree camber in the back.

ehhh, why the need for the extra 1" in the back? Just do 8.5" square, you can still fit the 255s on them

This. Also, have you considered a square setup? The handling of the car with a square setup is simply amazing. I can't recall the last time I had understeer. All I get is very neutral handling at the track, and 8.5" wheel all around is perfectly sufficient with regards to handling. I don't have traction issues at all, other than the occasional section of track where I really need a limited slip diff...

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 08:28 AM
I wanted a wider rear for the look to push the wheel out enough to make it look close to flush.

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 08:36 AM
So I just saw a thread where bosszhp is running 9.5 in the rear on his coupe. Are coupes and sedans different for fitment?

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?18849-Pic-request-apex-arc-8-18x9-5-et35-square-set-up&p=501352#post501352

"I don't have a square setup, but I have 18x9.5 ET35 in the rear and I don't even have my fenders rolled. I have 255 Michelin PSS in the back and suspension setup is Koni FSD's with Eibach Springs, to be honest not sure if it's lower than stock but I scrape everywhere so I am thinking it is by a little haha. I do rub over big dips and bumps but it's nothing too bad."

slater
01-10-2017, 08:50 AM
This. Also, have you considered a square setup? The handling of the car with a square setup is simply amazing. I can't recall the last time I had understeer. All I get is very neutral handling at the track, and 8.5" wheel all around is perfectly sufficient with regards to handling. I don't have traction issues at all, other than the occasional section of track where I really need a limited slip diff...

yes, the front end grip difference with the 245 PSS up front is crazy. the car gets better that harder i push it! now, with my alignment settings my car is almost tail-happy.... and i goad it quite a bit too. the LSD makes a big difference.

So I just saw a thread where bosszhp is running 9.5 in the rear on his coupe. Are coupes and sedans different for fitment?

"I don't have a square setup, but I have 18x9.5 ET35 in the rear and I don't even have my fenders rolled. I have 255 Michelin PSS in the back and suspension setup is Koni FSD's with Eibach Springs, to be honest not sure if it's lower than stock but I scrape everywhere so I am thinking it is by a little haha. I do rub over big dips and bumps but it's nothing too bad."

yes, coupes have a bit more room back there. are you putting these on your coupe or sedan?

as bosszhp stated, he rubs everywhere, and on a coupe. personally, i hate rubbing. it tells me i have more work to do, because it should not rub. i'm going to run more negative camber in the rear, and if i end up running 9.5" wheels on the back of the Touring... well... i'm going much wider with the arches. ;)

jonnyd330
01-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Hmm, okay good to know.

So, I was actually going to run the same wheels on both cars but start with the sedan. I found a set of TE37's square 9.5 I was going to use for rear wheels and then I was going to either order 8.5 volks for up front or try and find another square set.

sillieidiot
01-10-2017, 12:40 PM
not hard at all. apex ARC-8.... 18x8.5 ET38 up front, 18x9 ET42 in the rear. done. :)

that's going to be really hard on a non-M and will actually stick out 1mm further than an 18x9.5 ET35.

take a look at the apex wheels.

i actually have a crazy idea to run an 18x9.5 ET35 ARC-8 on the back of the Touring, but i might have to do some M3 bodywork to support them. ;)

Isn't it just going to be same as running them on sedan? When I helped with Brian N.'s car, We just rolled it as much as possible. Then we cut the fender lip off and sealed everything back up. He wasn't that low though. Did the normal cutting off the stud and stuff too.

UdubBadger
01-11-2017, 09:51 AM
I wanted a wider rear for the look to push the wheel out enough to make it look close to flush.

Spacers can do that, no need for the extra wheel weight TBH

Sockethead
01-11-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm running 18X9.5 ET35 on the back of my sedan with H&R sport springs and fenders rolled. I still rub occasionally on big dips and bumps. Also, of course, the more people I have in the car, the worse it gets. From what I can tell, it's rubbing on the mounting bolt where the bumper meets the fender in the rear. Some people just remove that mount but I live with the occasional rubbing...I'm also running ET35 on the front, no issues at all there.

slater
01-11-2017, 10:31 AM
I'm running 18X9.5 ET35 on the back of my sedan with H&R sport springs and fenders rolled. I still rub occasionally on big dips and bumps. Also, of course, the more people I have in the car, the worse it gets. From what I can tell, it's rubbing on the mounting bolt where the bumper meets the fender in the rear. Some people just remove that mount but I live with the occasional rubbing...I'm also running ET35 on the front, no issues at all there.

rob, what size tire are you running on there? also, how aggressive is the fender roll?

Sockethead
01-11-2017, 11:05 AM
I'm running Hankooks, stock tire size. Fender roll is pretty aggressive but it's not rubbing on the fender, it's rubbing on that bumper bolt

slater
01-11-2017, 11:10 AM
I'm running Hankooks, stock tire size. Fender roll is pretty aggressive but it's not rubbing on the fender, it's rubbing on that bumper bolt

gotcha. just planning ahead... i'm thinking of running some 18x9.5" ARC-8s in the back of whatever car i keep (Touring or sedan). i'm running 245/35/18 PSS on the sedan and i have traction issues.