PDA

View Full Version : BMW Performance Insurance

ETAction
01-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Hello Mafia

I have always used USAA for my auto insurance and have always been very satisfied with them.

Building a relationship from whom I purchased my newly acquired ZHP from (a very knowledgeable BMW enthusiast) he has mentioned a policy he has with Liberty Mutual called BMW Performance Insurance which guarantees the use of OEM parts 100% of the time in the event of repairs needed.
This is awesome.

BMW promotes this on their site http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/financialservices/insurance.aspx

They will also tow your car if needed to the nearest BMW dealer. This all sounds great.

May even be enough to have me switch insurance companies if USAA does not offer anything comparable. I feel this is highly valuable, especially to ZHP enthusiast and owners as most of us are hardcore OEM and only OEM

Does anyone have this specific policy or know of anything comparable from other insurance companies?? Possibly how much it cost ballpark?

Thanks!

johnrando
01-18-2017, 11:20 AM
Never heard of this but sounds like a great option to explore. I'm USAA too.

ETAction
01-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Never heard of this but sounds like a great option to explore. I'm USAA too.

I had never heard of it either.

Talked to USAA to see if they offer anything comparable. I stressed the rarity of the ZHP and its the OEM parts that really set it apart from the pack and he did a great job of telling me what I want to hear but did use the "aftermarket" word a couple times, although it sounded like he may have misused the term but it sounds as though they will "try" to use OEM if there are no other options but I offered a windshield as an example, if they would get it from BMW directly and it didn't sound as if they would.

johnrando
01-18-2017, 11:47 AM
When I had repair work done they did not use OEM unless I paid more myself for it.

NorCalZman
01-18-2017, 12:05 PM
I just wonder since our cars are getting older if using a policy like this that specifies BMW only parts will just mean the insurance company considers our car totaled faster due to the parts cost.

ryankokesh
01-18-2017, 12:06 PM
I have LM and have never heard of it. I'm going to have to look into it. I like them a lot, although I've never had to file a claim with them. *knocksonwood*

ETAction
01-18-2017, 12:13 PM
I believe it is exclusive to Liberty Mutual.

Which is unfortunate I plan to call them later today and get a quote to compare my USAA policy with