View Full Version : Transmission tune

Xcessive46
01-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Anyone running the Dinan (or other) auto trans software? I'd love quicker and firmer shifts. Did it do that for you? Thanks. Been meaning to ask for a while now

johnrando
01-22-2017, 03:26 PM
I have it and I use paddle shifts. To me, at high revs, it shifts ever so slightly quicker, and it can hold the revs a bit longer before it shifts. Because of the paddle shifters, between both, it's a good combo. But I don't really think the s/w is all that worth it full price. But on sale (which is how I got it) and w/ the paddles, maybe worth considering if you have extra coin laying around. I'm not at all disappointed that I got it but I would not say it's something you should go out and get unless you really just want it. It certainly doesn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BimmerDude
01-23-2017, 05:21 AM
One thing I considered trying is the sprint booster, this could also give you the added resolution or in this case reduced throttle resolution that should result in
a "quicker" responding transmission to your inputs.

johnrando
01-23-2017, 08:39 AM
100% yes do the sprint booster (or pedal box).

WOLFN8TR
01-24-2017, 03:58 PM
100% yes do the sprint booster (or pedal box).

The Sprint Booster was a great addition to my Step ZHP!

UdubBadger
01-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Have a look at the Eurocharged tuning thread. Good options there that make power and as well as improving trans/throttle sensitivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
01-26-2017, 06:46 AM
Definitely check out Eurocharged as STEP is included in their s/w as Seth said. If you already have a tune, Dinan is having a 50% off s/w sale for E series cars so now might be a good time to get that STEP s/w if you decided to. To make my thoughts a little more clear on it, if you drive the car hard (or auto-x) then it might help a little, if you're just driving around town and are not lead footed, then I would pass.

UdubBadger
01-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Good info JR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk