PDA

View Full Version : Dinan e46 engine software and intake. Anyone running it?

Xcessive46
01-27-2017, 12:36 PM
I assume it makes a good diff on non-zhp but wondering about the zhp. They're having a 50% off sale ryt now

san
01-27-2017, 12:46 PM
The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=14392&share_tid=11957&share_pid=516320&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ezhpmafia%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fs howpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D516320&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bimmerteknik
01-28-2017, 04:53 PM
I flashed this morning. I have another brand intake but it serves the purpose. The front of the car makes some nice noises now. The throttle response is [emoji106]seems to reach redline faster but that may just be in my head.

ETAction
02-01-2017, 08:27 PM
My ZHP has Dinan Stage 3 software, throttle body, intake and exhaust.

Mucho bueno! Absolutely recommend them.

mikebmooney
02-02-2017, 06:01 AM
I am running Dinan software stage 1 that was installed before I bought it.

ryankokesh
02-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Anyone run the Dinan exhaust?

aventus7
02-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Anyone run the Dinan exhaust?
I am running the Dinan exhaust and I am very happy with it.

ryankokesh
02-03-2017, 05:40 AM
I am running the Dinan exhaust and I am very happy with it.

How would you compare it to the ZHP exhaust?

aventus7
02-03-2017, 03:55 PM
How would you compare it to the ZHP exhaust?
I would say it's a bit throatier than stock zhp but it remains very civilized. I also like the fact that it weighs less thus shedding a few extra pounds for better performance.

3ZHPGUY
02-03-2018, 04:17 PM
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ROAD TRIP!

We just returned from the Heart of Dixie BMWCCA’s Kick-Off Party with the calendar of events for 2018.

Looks like we need to get a room for a Drive & Tour in August. The TOUR is DINAN’s new facility in Opelika, AL.

I can’t miss this one and even better, is the fact that they just moved in last month. [emoji12]

Sockethead
02-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I had the Dinan intake, throttle body and stage three software. Stock ZHP exhaust. I remember driving away after having all that done and thinking "this is it?". Dyno numbers were pretty dismal too. Didn't notice much difference after getting a cat back Corsa TSE3 exhaust.
For me it wasn't worth the expense. Put a set of headers on it instead along with a basic tune. You'll get much more bang for you buck, even with the stock ZHP exhaust...

Newjack
02-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I had the Dinan intake, throttle body and stage three software. Stock ZHP exhaust. I remember driving away after having all that done and thinking "this is it?". Dyno numbers were pretty dismal too. Didn't notice much difference after getting a cat back Corsa TSE3 exhaust.
For me it wasn't worth the expense. Put a set of headers on it instead along with a basic tune. You'll get much more bang for you buck, even with the stock ZHP exhaust...

Can confirm. I drove Rob's car and couldn't notice a power difference between his and mine. (Mine was stock at the time with only AFE intake)

3ZHPGUY
02-03-2018, 07:15 PM

Can confirm. I drove Rob's car and couldn't notice a power difference between his and mine. (Mine was stock at the time with only AFE intake)

I fully agree with both of you. I seriously considered doing the DINAN software many years ago but, I couldn’t find any significant data on what it would do for my ZHP. At that same time I was active with the clubs HPDE and Club racing and it so happened that one of the Club Racers was a Tech at a BMW dealer that was an authorized DINAN dealer. I made contact with him at the time about the software update. And after a long detailed conversation, I opted not to waste my money.

I also test drove one of Enthusiasts Auto’s DINAN ZHP’s that they were marketing a few years back and that thing was a turd, even with a throttle body and stage III software.

That’s also why I’m not DINAN badged but, could be with maybe one more product.

Not a fan of all of their products but, still think it will be a cool place to visit!