PDA

View Full Version : WTB - another ZHP 6MT sedan, have cash, or M3 to trade - in Los Angeles with sob story

ScottB
02-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I hung out here... I joined some of you fellas at the BMW museum down in Orange County years ago... love this site...

I had what, to me, was the absolutely perfect ZHP about 5 years ago... silver-gray (or metallic gray? the darker gray, not silver), 2004, had under 40,000 miles(!!!)... 6MT... black leather... it was... immaculate... perfect... had it about 6 months and, while I was at work, someone hit it on a Hollywood street going about 80, it was totaled. Just friggin' awful for me... I will attach a picture. Have tissues handy...

I will say that - after this monstrous hit the car took (it was pushed about 20 feet from behind, slammed into the car in front, accordion-ed) - the cockpit was IMMACULATE... convinced me that, since my daughter will be in my car, I would only buy BMW's...

I ended up buying an e46 M3 simply because, as I was looking for another ZHP, this M3 came my way and I dug it. Now, though - honestly, I just want my ZHP back(!). So I have my M3 up for sale (SMG unfortunately for most potential buyers)... it has its pros and cons... I just don't drive that fast and do mostly city driving... the M3 is just a bit throaty and torque-y for me, given I'm hardly ever off city streets... and, I want 4 doors again (have young daughter).

So, here I am using the template, asking for some help re: finding my next dream ZHP... sorry if this is the wrong place to post my WTB... please advise... if anyone has something close to what I'm seeking, do please contact me, I'm kinda flexible...

I am checking the classified posts here but - just looking for some help I suppose...

LOOKING FOR:

Year(s): 2004 or newer ideally

Budget: would prefer to stay around $9k but can go up to 12. Willing to do some repairs...

Desired location of vehicle: I'm in Los Angeles but willing to drive or fly

Desired Mileage: lower the better... hoping for under 110,000 but with the right service record and condition, maybe ok higher

Transmission type: - 6MT only please

Desired number of Doors: 4 ... sedan... no 330ci please...

Desired Color combos:
EXT - prefer silver-gray, metallic gray, etc - but not silver. Ok with black, orient... no alpine or imola pls.
INT - prefer leather but open... prefer black but open...

Desired Packages: open to anything

Funds lined up? yes, have cash, and/ or interested in trading my M3 if someone is interested.

Have a car you need to sell first? Yes, e46 M3, SMG, 92k miles, great cosmetically, loads of after market cosmetic stuff, classy... rocket ship... here is my craigslist ad:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5986676286.html

- maybe I am aggressive with the price, given the SMG? hard to say, folks price them ALL over the place... but, for the right trade, I am willing to bite a bit of a bullet... plus, since I have cash and not in a super rush to sell the M3, figured I'd hope for the best...

Anyone who's not a member who wishes to contact me: scottbaldyga@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!

san
02-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Welcome back! Sorry about your Zhp but glad you are safe... and good luck on you search, I guess you should find one quite easily since you are quite open with your preferences...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
02-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Good luck in your search!

johnrando
02-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Welcome back. That was a really cool trip down there in Orange County. Good luck on finding a new car, glad you're okay

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

UdubBadger
02-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Sorry to see the wreck. GL finding a new one though.

NVthree30i
02-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you will find one here

Go Horns!
02-03-2017, 08:06 PM
That photo makes me sick.

Enjoy the hunt.

ScottB
02-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the support!!!! Much appreciated.

hcbeck2689
02-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Good luck with your search and sell. I would be prepared to be in the top of your budget for that mileage and maintenance history, though