PDA

View Full Version : Finally got around to it..

CYTH_2
02-15-2017, 07:50 AM
As the title says I reactivated my account after quite a hiatus.

Shown in the images is my 2005 Coupe I've owned since June 2008. And seriously I can't believe I have owned "Helena" for almost 9 years!

Seriously??

It's been a great experience with this car and although mostly as it came from the factory I have completed a few elements to complete my "vision".

I've added:
Brembo BBK 355 front / 345 rear. Ever since I sold my E36 years ago with "just" a front set up I have wanted to one day have a balanced system both in performance and visuals. Track duty is very limited (as i have another vehicle if I wish to do so) and indeed some say it's not needed for the street but in all honesty it's been great and indeed with the reduced unsprung weight with the lighter wheels the responsiveness and confidence inspired is substantially increased over stock OE.

Bilstein PSS9 with Turner Motorsport sway bars and end links.

Enkei 19" wheels.

Shark Tune

Basically it's "complete" and reality only maintenance I perform when required. This year I'll be replacing the water pump, thermostat, hoses etc as a preventative measure. Also the (common) rear window rubber seal has perished so they will be replaced year as well... Before the prices for the shadow molding increases even more!

Other than this (fingers crossed) when she comes out of storage this year it'll be an "uneventful" driving season.

san
02-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Welcome back! Your coupe looks great and I see you have the m3 seats. Did you just swap the seats or the entire interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CYTH_2
02-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Welcome back! Your coupe looks great and I see you have the m3 seats. Did you just swap the seats or the entire interior?

Thank You for the warm welcome!

Actually the seats are original from the factory. The interior is original including the alcantara steering wheel (it's been cleaned since the image was taken...A constant duty)...lol

Well the pedals are not from the factory but indeed the dealership offering from the Motorsport catalog. The vent gauge is also not OE but I figure this is obvious...

johnrando
02-15-2017, 08:06 AM
Welcome back. Car really looks great! What color is that? BTW, nice list of cars. I have a 1980 Triumph TR8.

san
02-15-2017, 08:20 AM
Thank You for the warm welcome!

Actually the seats are original from the factory. The interior is original including the alcantara steering wheel (it's been cleaned since the image was taken...A constant duty)...lol

Well the pedals are not from the factory but indeed the dealership offering from the Motorsport catalog. The vent gauge is also not OE but I figure this is obvious...

Oh I thought those looked like m3 seats, my bad [emoji4]

BMWCurves
02-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Welcome back! Your coupe looks good!

az3579
02-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Mmmm, I'm a sucker for a good BBK. How is the pedal feel with the Brembos when using street pads?
I've got a set of Wilwood Superlites myself, but looking to get a bit more feel with another set of pads.

CYTH_2
02-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Welcome back. Car really looks great! What color is that? BTW, nice list of cars. I have a 1980 Triumph TR8.

Thank You! The color is "Sparkling Graphite". I used to have a TR8 some time ago. 1981 Canadian car with only 11 kilometers on it. No AC nor electric fans. Beige. I ended up selling it to a co worker who kpt nagging me for it and when he offered double what I paid for it I took him up on it. He still has it to this day.
It was a pretty decent car and I had always wanted one ever since I owned a TR7 (first car). Now I must say. That scratch was itched along with the TVR ownership I had for years.

What color is yours?

CYTH_2
02-15-2017, 09:28 AM
Mmmm, I'm a sucker for a good BBK. How is the pedal feel with the Brembos when using street pads?
I've got a set of Wilwood Superlites myself, but looking to get a bit more feel with another set of pads.

The Brembos have a very progressive and responsive feel. I would say "like the way the factory intended" feel which I suspect is due to balancing front and rear. The pedal is firm and not "dead" feeling. The pads have great feel and grip but they do squeal when cold. Admittedly I neglected to chamfer the edge of of the pads to reduce the change of chatter so I'll try this this spring. I really don't want any softer ones as the current ones (that came with the kit) seem to properly rated and dust is kept to minimum while rotor where is excellent after 3.5 years of use.

I do have Wilwoods on my MINI...Been on there since 2006.(only the front) they have been really reliable and never an issue with braking...even thought eh canyons on the way to Palm Springs in Ca and some track use. Thinking of upgrading this year since it's time for new rotors... May go with Stop Tech...

johnrando
02-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Thank You! The color is "Sparkling Graphite". I used to have a TR8 some time ago. 1981 Canadian car with only 11 kilometers on it. No AC nor electric fans. Beige. I ended up selling it to a co worker who kpt nagging me for it and when he offered double what I paid for it I took him up on it. He still has it to this day.
It was a pretty decent car and I had always wanted one ever since I owned a TR7 (first car). Now I must say. That scratch was itched along with the TVR ownership I had for years.

What color is yours?

Cool! My TR8 was a originally gold but I painted it BMW Green, which looks a lot like a British Racing Green. Nice that you had one... I almost bought a TR6.

mikebmooney
02-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Great looking car......love the wheels with that color

danewilson77
02-15-2017, 02:44 PM

Not Vaders.....

Welcome back my friend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

az3579
02-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Not Vaders.....

I don't think Vaders even fit in an E46. Those are the E36 M3 coupe seats.

danewilson77
02-15-2017, 03:06 PM
I don't think Vaders even fit in an E46. Those are the E36 M3 coupe seats.
No

704sw
02-15-2017, 03:38 PM
No

I wish they did, that'd be pretty awesome.

Sent via Tapatalk

sillieidiot
02-15-2017, 04:46 PM
No

Sent via Tapatalk

The headrest does though. I had a friend do that to his car lol

704sw
02-15-2017, 05:28 PM
The headrest does though. I had a friend do that to his car lol

Can you send me a picture of that?

Sent via Tapatalk

az3579
02-15-2017, 06:55 PM

Sent via Tapatalk

Honestly, they kind of suck. They're uncomfortable, and the non-adjustable headrests are annoying. They look great though.

sillieidiot
02-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Can you send me a picture of that?

Sent via Tapatalk

i'll try to look for it. But this was so long ago. I thought it looked weird, but he loved it.

fredo
02-16-2017, 06:40 PM
Welcome back, sir.

CYTH_2
02-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Welcome back, sir.

Thank You! Great to be back!