PDA

View Full Version : WTB PDC Rear Molding strip for Mtech II bumper Sedan

nextelbuddy
03-16-2017, 08:01 PM
just checking to see if anyone happens to have one laying around unused or left over from a part out.

picked up a PDC system, module sensors and wiring. I could drill my molding out but the actual OEM piece also has sensor holders built into the strip which is nice.

it can be ordered from BMW with a few week wait period as well so thats an option.

GDMChRiZ
03-16-2017, 08:21 PM
just checking to see if anyone happens to have one laying around unused or left over from a part out.

picked up a PDC system, module sensors and wiring. I could drill my molding out but the actual OEM piece also has sensor holders built into the strip which is nice.

it can be ordered from BMW with a few week wait period as well so thats an option.

OEM! Send me a video of the car running!!!

nextelbuddy
03-16-2017, 08:25 PM
OEM! Send me a video of the car running!!!

should be real soon, subframe is being tackled right now ten finishing up the quad exhaust system. its going to be sweet.

i'll send a video when its running.

do you have any leads on that rear PDC strip?

GDMChRiZ
03-16-2017, 08:37 PM
should be real soon, subframe is being tackled right now ten finishing up the quad exhaust system. its going to be sweet.

i'll send a video when its running.

do you have any leads on that rear PDC strip?

Cool

You mind as well buy it new. Its about $35-38 new. I'm sure anyone will ask $20-25 used if you can find one

nextelbuddy
03-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Cool

You mind as well buy it new. Its about $35-38 new. I'm sure anyone will ask $20-25 used if you can find one

oh yea i dont mind buying new its just that no one has it in stock. it has to be ordered from germany of course likr everything else i need.

I need that damn Switch center from the M3 with the rear Sunblind button and no one has it and has to be special ordered from Germany as well 2-3 weeks.

GDMChRiZ
03-16-2017, 08:45 PM
oh yea i dont mind buying new its just that no one has it in stock. it has to be ordered from germany of course likr everything else i need.

I need that damn Switch center from the M3 with the rear Sunblind button and no one has it and has to be special ordered from Germany as well 2-3 weeks.

Haha, its like that sometimes for exclusive german items. Ask how much is it to expedite them. I had to order the ZHP Touring rear bumper from Germany and it took 2 days, $15 expedited shipping.

az3579
03-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Cool

This is the problem I ran into. I could've ordered a new one cheap and waited a few weeks. But, me being me (impatient), I paid the same for a used one so I could get it immediately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nextelbuddy
03-17-2017, 09:03 AM
This is the problem I ran into. I could've ordered a new one cheap and waited a few weeks. But, me being me (impatient), I paid the same for a used one so I could get it immediately.

did you do the PDC retrofit?

did you get the whole kit? or piece it together?

i ended up getting the PDC module, the 4 sensors, the sensor harness that goes to the module, the gong and its pigtail, and the pigtail from the module that goes to the fuse box. all came out of a 330ci coupe but it should still work.

i see on places like ECSTuning they have the PDC kit with the specific power wire harness but its not available by itself and has to be purchased with the kit so i have to lengthen the wires from the module and gong to reach the fuse box and then found the official BMW PDF for PDC retrofit which tells you which wires go where which is nice.

az3579
03-17-2017, 11:52 AM
did you do the PDC retrofit?

did you get the whole kit? or piece it together?

i ended up getting the PDC module, the 4 sensors, the sensor harness that goes to the module, the gong and its pigtail, and the pigtail from the module that goes to the fuse box. all came out of a 330ci coupe but it should still work.

i see on places like ECSTuning they have the PDC kit with the specific power wire harness but its not available by itself and has to be purchased with the kit so i have to lengthen the wires from the module and gong to reach the fuse box and then found the official BMW PDF for PDC retrofit which tells you which wires go where which is nice.

Yep, these are all issues I had to deal with. I ordered mine as a kit from someone in Bulgaria on eBay.

I still haven't finished. Everything from the cabin back is done; sensors, harness, and module have all been installed. I just need to connect up the part that goes in the glovebox. It's been too cold so I'm going to wait for the nicer weather. It's been like this since fall...

Tnhl1989
03-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Tony's ZHP Project

Few more things tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ezhpmafia%2Ecom%2F forums%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D405239&share_tid=8837&share_fid=14392&share_type=t&share_pid=405239

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nextelbuddy
03-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Tony's ZHP Project

Few more things tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ezhpmafia%2Ecom%2F forums%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D405239&share_tid=8837&share_fid=14392&share_type=t&share_pid=405239

I don't understand sorry, in the Tapatalk link you posted i see a switch panel with the sunblind butto. Is it for sale?

Tnhl1989
03-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Nope just saying that it was a lot of work sourcing that thing.

nextelbuddy
03-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Nope just saying that it was a lot of work sourcing that thing.

well dang! lol almost thought i could get it from you :)

i found the switch bar new from BMW for $280 so its on order along with the PDC strip.

i also found a source online in the UK that has the rear electric sunblind WITH the switch bar that has the sunblind button and for less than $200... that bar wouldnt work for me since I need the sport button, TPMS and sunblind which was only in the M3.

my last resort was that i currently have a switch bar that has all buttons except the sunblind and was going to just solder in a new socket and use a random button like another DSC button etc... and then code the switch bar to be sunblind for that socket on the board.