PDA

View Full Version : Side skirt extensions

JPMo
04-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Anyone consider or try side skirt extensions on their ZHP sedan? I'm thinking it could look pretty aggressive with some front splitters. What are your thoughts? Not my car, just a quick google search.

rguti153
04-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Kristian old car I think that was his name
Yeah I like them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Have to go all the way for these to be legit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8

BCS_ZHP
04-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Look up Stuart's Wagone, it has the extensions and they were done correctly with all metal. He did it himself but he owned a shop at the time, my guess is you'd be into about a grand for proper body work plus more to paint & blend it correctly. Definitely not a DIY, unless you're a body man/painter.

cakM3
04-02-2017, 07:15 AM
They do look good though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

az3579
04-02-2017, 09:42 AM
They do look good though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agreed, when done right.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ZHP_Brandon
04-02-2017, 10:17 AM
I know of a company over sea's that sells them made out of carbon, though metal would be preferred.. if its a appearance over function, then it's well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L0veZHP
04-02-2017, 04:16 PM
I know a guy in PA that does custom side skirts and front lips or splitters. He trimmed the inside of the back fender for me. Cleared about 10mm of space without rolling. If your interested I could find you his Instagram but it'll take me a min.

I like the look but to be honest I think you need a race car like set up to make it look nice. On a stock zhp I wouldn't think anything of it. Plus our cars don't have that nice wide boy that are complimented by side skirts. Like the M3 and that car that you googled does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
04-02-2017, 04:38 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170403/8251c2d6649e477098b19c7f2cbf3544.jpg

JPMo
04-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Have to go all the way for these to be legit.
Yeah I think I agree.

Look up Stuart's Wagone, it has the extensions and they were done correctly with all metal. He did it himself but he owned a shop at the time, my guess is you'd be into about a grand for proper body work plus more to paint & blend it correctly. Definitely not a DIY, unless you're a body man/painter.
Will do, Thanks!

I know a guy in PA that does custom side skirts and front lips or splitters. He trimmed the inside of the back fender for me. Cleared about 10mm of space without rolling. If your interested I could find you his Instagram but it'll take me a min.

I like the look but to be honest I think you need a race car like set up to make it look nice. On a stock zhp I wouldn't think anything of it. Plus our cars don't have that nice wide boy that are complimented by side skirts. Like the M3 and that car that you googled does.

Thanks for your input. I think I'm gonna pass on these as well, just wanted a general opinion

johnrando
04-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Yup, right car would be sweet, but you would have to go all or nothing the right way.