PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for a ZHP

Chest Rockwell
04-18-2017, 08:41 AM
Hey all-
I have finally decided to start enjoying driving once again now that I've reached middle age so I'm dumping my automatic Honda Accord and did some research and found what seems like a perfect match for me with the ZHP. I'd love to find a keeper - something well sorted and fully loaded that I can keep for years to come and upgrade/play with. I already have a BMW K1300s motorcycle so this would get along well with her.
My only requirements are has to be a manual and also anything but black interior. Tasteful appearance mods / stage 1 mods fine but I don't want anything that's going to compromise the engine. Car should need nothing (or minimal things). I live in Atlanta but will ship for the right car. I'd consider a car that has a black interior or isn't loaded IF it's something very tasty. I would say my budget ceiling is around 12K.

Thanks for the help everyone - I hope to join the fun soon...

David

danewilson77
04-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Woot!

san
04-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHPizza
04-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Did everyone get a monster tax return and decide to spend it on a ZHP??? Seems like a ton of people on the hunt recently.

Welcome btw! Do you not like black color interior or black leather interior? Because the anthracite alcantara is [fire emoji x 3]

san
04-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Did everyone get a monster tax return and decide to spend it on a ZHP??? Seems like a ton of people on the hunt recently.

Welcome btw! Do you not like black color interior or black leather interior? Because the anthracite alcantara is [fire emoji x 3]

That and also I think it's because the Zhp's have deprecated quite a lot and also because it's Spring time...

Chest Rockwell
04-18-2017, 09:48 AM
It's because I've always wanted an E46 platform because of it's reputation and I love the look but can't have an M since I have a kid and it's a daily driver so this is affordable and fits the bill. Maybe I'm unclear what the anthracite alcantara looks like but I know I'm not a fan of black leather...

ZHPizza
04-18-2017, 12:10 PM
It's because I've always wanted an E46 platform because of it's reputation and I love the look but can't have an M since I have a kid and it's a daily driver so this is affordable and fits the bill. Maybe I'm unclear what the anthracite alcantara looks like but I know I'm not a fan of black leather...

Well since you have a rugrat, then leather would be the obvious choice for the ease of cleaning up spills.

But since you're in Hotlanta, you'll appreciate the lack of hot-lava-leather on your ass when you get into an Alcantara car on a summer day.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3207-Alcantara-vs-Leather-in-the-BMW-330-ZHP

But ya know...it's literally a cloth covered sponge when junior dumps his grape juice...

Chest Rockwell
04-18-2017, 03:31 PM
eh?

ELCID86
04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Welcome. Happy hunting.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

jonnyd330
04-19-2017, 08:33 AM
That and also I think it's because the Zhp's have deprecated quite a lot and also because it's Spring time...

They have? It seems like clean examples are only getting more expensive.

san
04-19-2017, 08:42 AM
Compared to what I paid and what the prices were when I bought mine they have dropped significantly. I bought mine in sep 2014. I was primarily talking about cars with around 100k miles...

BMWCurves
04-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Compared to what I paid and what the prices were when I bought mine they have dropped significantly. I bought mine in sep 2014. I was primarily talking about cars with around 100k miles...

Off topic, but I think the price of low mileage ZHPs are rising because they're becoming increasingly difficult to find. Meanwhile, more and more ZHPs are falling into the 90-100k+ mile category and I think as a reflection prices for those cars are falling. At a minimum these cars are 11 years old now, they're no spring chickens.

johnrando
04-23-2017, 03:48 AM
Welcome. GLWSearch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chest Rockwell
04-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Got one...2003 manual with all options. Grey/black. Nicely cared for. Now onto figuring out what to starting doing with her!

san
04-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Got one...2003 manual with all options. Grey/black. Nicely cared for. Now onto figuring out what to starting doing with her!

Congrats!
Pics. Details. Project thread!

BMWCurves
04-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Congrats!
Pics. Details. Project thread!

+1

RedAtom
04-25-2017, 09:36 PM
Good work. That didn't take to long.