PDA

View Full Version : OEM Performance Exhaust New

[USMC]Skywalker
05-31-2017, 11:27 AM
I have a brand OEM Performance Exhaust for sale. Located in NOVA, asking $650 picked up, Will ship if buyer pays shipping.

Will post pics soon.

Thanks
Benny

BADCLOWN
05-31-2017, 01:03 PM
I guess the OE BMWP mufflers are reaching new heights.............

GLWS

rguti153
05-31-2017, 06:05 PM
Yep

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Aeternalis
06-01-2017, 09:44 AM
I guess the OE BMWP mufflers are reaching new heights.............
Definitely a seller's market for any E46 BMW Performance goodies right now. Especially NIB/unmolested examples.

[USMC]Skywalker
06-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Well the brand new Dinan is $720 so 650 should be reasonable ?

Simmsled
06-02-2017, 05:19 AM
I absolutely love mine.
The quality (fit/finish/materials) is fantastic and the tone(deeper)/volume(slightly louder) is more aggressive, but never obnoxious.

Whammy
06-02-2017, 06:03 AM
$650?? A full magnaflow catback exhaust can be purchased for just over $700.

Cadeez
06-02-2017, 09:10 AM
I understand folks want to make a couple bucks on these things, because of the rarity and because some people will pay the premium (similar to the BMW Perf intakes). But chances are most of these were purchased during the fire sale where BMW was basically giving them away. The recent below sales are a bit more reasonably/fair priced IMO. I've been looking for one of these for a while, but every time I open up the ad I just cringe at the asking prices. The "5 hp gain" and slight throaty sound increase isn't worth ~$700 shipped, to me. Not trying to be a dick, just sayin. But hey, if you can sell for $650, more power to ya, I'm sure someone will pony up the cheddar. GLWS

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?20143-(Sold)-BMW-Performance-Muffler-Brand-New-in-Box!

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?19555-(Sold)-BMW-Performance-Muffler

John in VA
06-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I understand folks want to make a couple bucks on these things, because of the rarity and because some people will pay the premium (similar to the BMW Perf intakes). But chances are most of these were purchased during the fire sale where BMW was basically giving them away.
We don't know what Benny paid for the muffler, but in all my dealings with him his parts have been in excellent condition and priced fairly. I wish I had the 330ci when BMW was blowing out the performance parts - would have a bit of extra bling on the ZHP!

Cadeez
06-02-2017, 02:02 PM
We don't know what Benny paid for the muffler, but in all my dealings with him his parts have been in excellent condition and priced fairly. I wish I had the 330ci when BMW was blowing out the performance parts - would have a bit of extra bling on the ZHP!

No malicious intent, just my 2 cents

[USMC]Skywalker
06-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Hey John, thanks for the input man.

I bought it from a forum member here for $720 couple months ago, but current situations requires some fiscal squeeze and as such I wanted to sell it. You can have a ton of after market parts for cheaper with better performance I am not debating that. For any given OEM part you can always find a cheaper better performing alternative in aftermarket. But that doesnt mean the last few remaining NEW OEM Performance parts are to loose value. If someone wants to sell it cheaper good for them. One has to understand individual sellers are not dealers, they usually post a part for a price that they believe is worth it to them or what they will pay for it. Some might make money and some may loose money. But comparing aftermarket products to OEM BMW parts and saying OEM should be priced substantially below aftermarket is not a reasonable advice. I am surprised at the comments I have got in this post, especially considering the forum is dedicated to a car which is sold at prices above book and sometimes comparable to more expensive and faster newer BMWs such as 335s. May be ill just keep the exhaust

And Cadeez you have BMW performance intake, the brand new Dinan is $256 so will you sell your BMW Performance intake, which has less hp increase for less than $256, I sure dont think so

BADCLOWN
06-03-2017, 04:50 AM
I don't think the final sentence or two of your response is the issue at hand. I've made the same comments before: I think there's a market value for the BMWP parts our cars love/that we love but there's a glass ceiling for it. I think, roughly, the parts go as follows in mint/new shape:

- strut bar 650-750
- intake 400-500
- exhaust 350-450

That's based off seeing what they typically sell for. Yeah, there's exceptions but I'd say those are fairly solid averages. Just like, property, there's comps. Occasionally, properties sell for higher than comps. Is that fair to the comp guys, maybe not. But that's how the parts prices have gotten to where they are. Do I think there's a ceiling that's impassable for parts pricing: absolutely. But who am I to say what that is. I just know what I would pay and it's listed above. I think you can get your ask or close to with the right buyer who just has to have it, since it is NLA and all.

fredo
06-03-2017, 05:22 AM
Friendly reminder. This applies to all FS threads :

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11626-For-Sale-Threads-Dos-and-Don-ts-2014-Version

Thanks.

[USMC]Skywalker
06-03-2017, 12:54 PM
repost

[USMC]Skywalker
06-03-2017, 12:55 PM
I don't think the final sentence or two of your response is the issue at hand. I've made the same comments before: I think there's a market value for the BMWP parts our cars love/that we love but there's a glass ceiling for it. I think, roughly, the parts go as follows in mint/new shape:

- strut bar 650-750
- intake 400-500
- exhaust 350-450

That's based off seeing what they typically sell for. Yeah, there's exceptions but I'd say those are fairly solid averages. Just like, property, there's comps. Occasionally, properties sell for higher than comps. Is that fair to the comp guys, maybe not. But that's how the parts prices have gotten to where they are. Do I think there's a ceiling that's impassable for parts pricing: absolutely. But who am I to say what that is. I just know what I would pay and it's listed above. I think you can get your ask or close to with the right buyer who just has to have it, since it is NLA and all.

good research make sure you post that online and they all contact you for the right pricing before they post, you can drive the market. I thought part of this forum was that people DO NOT come into other people sale thread and say "just my 2 cents" or "this is what i think". if you really want to be constructive send a private message. Because by posting things like your "2 cents" or "what you think" you are influencing potential buyers for the right or wrong reason or more accurately by what your opinion and perception is. While you are at it make sure you let EAG know as well. I am no longer selling stuff here, looks like the e46fanatics "opinion mentality" as filtered in here. No one is trying to screw anyone here, but think about your post effect on the sale process itself. I can go to anyone's post and pull some prices from internet and say the seller is posting way high, but thats my opinion and its not gentleman like to push other potential buyers away, Too sad that this has happened here.

ELCID86
06-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Perhaps the mods can clean this post up (and restate what Fredo posted).

[USMC]Skywalker
06-03-2017, 01:04 PM

Thats probably a good idea, didnt mean to stir up anything. Mods please delete the thread as I am no longer selling it here

BADCLOWN
06-03-2017, 02:06 PM
I'm simply clarifying, seemingly, what someone else said. By no means trying to be a dick, and I'm not one. So don't take it as such. I think some people, generally, are too touchy with selling things online. I wouldn't have an issue with someone expressing their opinion in my threads, they're allowed to have it. You'll get a sale when the right person comes along. I'd quit worrying what a few guys type around here, it's really not that big a deal, even if it may be the truth. I'm not dictating the market listing what I did, thats what the market had, at least in my browsing, typically dictated but like I said: some sellers have broken that glass ceiling. I dont really thing anything I said was negative, but whatever. Guys have busted my balls before regarding this, it's sad it even happens because I'm a very laid back guy. Maybe my perception of "rude" or "disrespectful" is different from others regarding this matter. Seems pretty tricky tack.

anandoc
06-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Healthy (and passionate) debate is natural on forums such as this as long as we stay courteous and respectful to each other. If people typed out an angry post, which they didn't mean to - they can always go back and edit/remove it themselves.

I am not a big fan of censorship/moderation.

ELCID86
06-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Healthy (and passionate) debate is natural on forums such as this as long as we stay courteous and respectful to each other. If people typed out an angry post, which they didn't mean to - they can always go back and edit/remove it themselves.

Not saying this should or shouldn't be a place for 1st amendment rights. Just saying the thread is to sell things. I've seen some forums where the FS threads are locked and only the OP can post in them. Perhaps that's too far for our family-friendly forum of family and friends, but I've see too many (to me) threads where the OP's price etc is questioned. I don't agree with that. Let the market bear what the item sells for. Now if the OP asks for comments on his price, all is fair.

kayger12
06-04-2017, 04:41 AM
Easy day, folks.

The post that Fredo kindly posted still applies.

On many sites, what starts out as healthy debate too often turns into an escalating cacophony of useless posts in the never-ending quest for internet one-upsmanship.

Clearly that didn't happen here as we have a great, respectful group-- but as those of you around from the beginning recall, it did occasionally happen here in the beginning which is why we put the rules in place back in the day.

As you're all well aware, if someone prices something outrageously high, one of two things will happen-- 1) it won't sell, or; 2) it will sell and establish a new ceiling. The price the market will bear, as it were.

I’d have to respectfully disagree—it’s not natural on this forum.

If everyone had the same definition of courteous and respectful—and the same recognition of when things needed to be edited/deleted, that would work wonderfully. Unfortunately, an internet full of other forums proves otherwise.

It’s never been about censorship here—simply about avoiding the things that can reasonably be predicted to lead to problems. That’s why it remains a great place that rarely needs moderation.

Anyway, as the OP is no longer selling, we’ll call it a thread.