PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Imola 6MT ZHP Salvage for sale near seattle WA

Phoenix
06-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Selling my 2003 ZHP after the insurance called it a total loss in a 5mph fender bender. Never let the wife drive your car...

https://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/6151915602.html

VIN: WBAEV53403KM04005
Year: 2003
Make: BMW
Model: 330i
Price: make me an offer
Mileage: 167xxx
Transmission type: 6mt
Body Type (coupe or sedan): sedan
Color: imola red
Packages: i think it only has the luxury package - electric mirrors and seats
Title status (salvage? lien holders?): titled in florida as "destroyed". if repaired, can be amended to salvaged

Pros:
No leaks from engine.
Oil pan gasket and back seal replaced
Disa replaced with aluminum model
Vanos rebuilt with beysian systems o-rings
New lower control arms and ball joints
New control arm bushings
New fittings in radiator to prevent leaks
New power steering pump 15k ago
Pulleys replaced with aluminum pulleys
K&n air filter
Less than 15k on the tires (Goodyear f1 I think)
New fog lights
Fresh oil change less than 200 miles ago
Transmission fluid less than 10k old
Head cover gasket new
Oil filter housing gasket new
Coolant reservoir new
Re-upholstered in black leather 3 years ago
Factory m-tech seats and steering wheel
Oil pump service completed 1 year ago
6-sped manual transmission
Rare immola red paint scheme
All work annotated in the car fax
No warning lights on dash illuminated
All recalls completed.
New oil blowby pump
New intake boot
New fuel pump
Window speed regulators replaced
silver cube trim
Much much more

Cons:
The wheels have some road rash
There is 167k on the odometer
One headlight is damaged from the accident
The hood and front bumper are damaged from the accident
The car has been repainted in the past
One rear wheel was cracked by a pothole but was professionally welded and repaired
While the car does drive, you probably shouldn't with the hood the way it is, so you would have to ship it or get it fixed before you drive away.

slater
06-01-2017, 06:38 PM
why don't you fix it?

Phoenix
06-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Repair estimate came in at $5400 (largely driven by the headlight...) and insurance isn't giving enough to cover it. They're forcing me to convert the title to a salvage status, which I don't want.

slater
06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Repair estimate came in at $5400 (largely driven by the headlight...) and insurance isn't giving enough to cover it. They're forcing me to convert the title to a salvage status, which I don't want.

bummer. that's so easy to fix. hood, headlight, radiator support at the least. probably some other broken plastic bits.

are you going to fight them?

Phoenix
06-01-2017, 07:27 PM
I've been trying to fight them, but they're requiring me to find other 2003 ZHP's for sale by dealerships within 150 miles to change the comp value. I've only found one in the radius they've allowed me, but they're calling it an "outlier". My next step is to talk to the body shop to see if they can reduce their estimate below the magic totaling percentage to save the title status. If the title can be kept clean and the cost of the repair brought down by about $800, I'll keep it and suck up the cost of the rental while it's fixed..

slater
06-01-2017, 08:05 PM
that sounds like your best bet.

i may have a set of headlights for sale for $500 if you get to that point, which would help your repair costs. a used hood should be $150-$250, plus paint if it's not the same color. radiator support should be $100 or so for a straight used one.

joeybananaz18
06-02-2017, 04:41 AM
that sounds like your best bet.

i may have a set of headlights for sale for $500 if you get to that point, which would help your repair costs. a used hood should be $150-$250, plus paint if it's not the same color. radiator support should be $100 or so for a straight used one.

I was just thinking the same thing. Why not source all the parts from forums to keep repair costs down. An IR hood should be fairly easy if you find a car being parted out.

ELCID86
06-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Shame they want to total it but doesn't supine me :-(