PDA

View Full Version : Mirror issues.

ravenclaw
06-13-2017, 06:25 AM
Hi
Good morning, I am trying to DIY and fix most of the issues in my car and the mirrors have not been working for a long time. The passenger side mirrors tilt when I shift to reverse. I tried changing the switch and it didnt work. Is there any thread / someone who has fixed this issue? I have heard / read about the ribbon wire getting bad over time causing similar issues. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raj

nextelbuddy
06-13-2017, 06:44 AM
whats your issue? you said "The passenger side mirrors tilt when I shift to reverse. I tried changing the switch and it didnt work"

the mirror tilt in reverse is normal, are you saying it DOES tilt in reverse or it does NOT tilt when in reverse?

do both driver and passenger mirror respond when you try to adjust them with the mirror switch? or does one or more mirror(s) completely dead and does not respond to anything?

BlueBug
06-13-2017, 07:20 AM
I had the same issue. The passenger mirror would tilt down when reversing and would not go back up.. it just got stuck there.
I thought the switch was bad, but found out it's the driver side ribbon wire. The driver side mirror is the master mirror, if it's not working the passenger side will not also.
I removed the fuse for the mirrors and just set them manually.. now I can see the passenger side when driving :)

From memory (I'm most likely wrong) I think the fuse is #52.

ravenclaw
06-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Hey sorry for the confusion. Both the mirrors do not respond to any input from the switch when i try to adjust them.

Regards
Raj

ravenclaw
06-13-2017, 07:23 AM
I had the same issue. The passenger mirror would tilt down when reversing and would not go back up.. it just got stuck there.
I thought the switch was bad, but found out it's the driver side ribbon wire. The driver side mirror is the master mirror, if it's not working the passenger side will not also.
I removed the fuse for the mirrors and just set them manually.. now I can see the passenger side when driving :)

From memory (I'm most likely wrong) I think the fuse is #52.

My passenger side mirror's tilt function seems to work fine. It is only when i try to adjust them they dont respond.

nextelbuddy
06-13-2017, 02:44 PM
My passenger side mirror's tilt function seems to work fine. It is only when i try to adjust them they dont respond.

the only sure fire way to find out is to use software like PASoft which will tell you which mirror is not responding or is bad.

it sounds like the master driver side is bad since it doesnt work and would cause passenger side not to work.

when my passenger side went out, my driver side still worked but when my driver side went out, both failed to work and replacing just the driver side was fine.
since your passenger side at least moves in reverse then that should be a good indicator that the driver side needs to be replaced.

ravenclaw
06-13-2017, 06:19 PM
Yeah i checked with PAsoft just a few minutes ago, looks like there is not communication from the driver side mirror...