PDA

View Full Version : Oil on AC condenser

FungShui
06-26-2017, 10:45 PM
I am currently replacing my cooling system including the radiator. When I pull off the radiator I found what appears to be oil on the AC condenser I didn't notice the dark spot until 24 hours after removing the radiator. Any thoughts if what it could be?

cornercarver
06-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Did you touch it to confirm it's actually oil? It may just look dark. Was your radiator leaking? Maybe it was spraying onto the A/C condenser? Or maybe the condenser is leaking...but if it was you'd probably notice your A/C isn't working too well.

What about the power steering cooler - doesn't the line run in front of the A/C condenser? Maybe it's leaking and blowing back onto the condenser.

kayger12
06-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Check your VCG. Leaking VCG running down the front edge of the valve cover and dropping down onto the condenser could be it.

FungShui
06-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Just replaced the VCG 2 months ago. Since then the car has been sitting in garage so and didn't need to use acrobat during winter.

The radiator was relatively clean besides dead bugs and dirt. It's definitely wet it's a green oily fuid. I wiped it down in the morning and will check back once I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aeternalis
06-29-2017, 06:16 PM
It's definitely wet it's a green oily fuid.
Sounds like coolant to me.