PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing Clear Lens on Coupe AL Bi-Xenon

Haynix
08-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to install the 3" Morimoto glass lenses into the Couple AL Bi-Xenon light. I got the driver's side done because the headlight assembly is actually broken but it'll do. I cannot figure out how to get the passenger side in (because it's not broken). I can't figure out how to remove the headlight guts from the plastic housing. The only thing I haven't tried is taking off the HID ballasts from the bottom because it doesn't look like it will help.

Any ideas?

https://goo.gl/photos/gi2mk4AZaWCTLzVz6

The left side will come out via the horizontal adjusters, but the right side will not. The right side is attached to the assembly that includes the vertical adjuster. It looks too stiff to just pull out.

Haynix
08-05-2017, 12:14 PM
I've given up. I see that you can't really install the clear lenses without breaking them.
Probably gonna buy a pair of depo headlights, starting a new thread.

fredo
08-05-2017, 12:29 PM
I heard the only way to replace lenses on coupes is to bake them in the oven, so the heat will make the glue soft. GL, seems Depo or similar are the way to go.

WOLFN8TR
08-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I heard the only way to replace lenses on coupes is to bake them in the oven, so the heat will make the glue soft. GL, seems Depo or similar are the way to go.

I did mine on my ZHP to install some AE's. I used a heat gun from Harbor Freight. It helps to have someone help pull them apart. I don't think you can buy new lenses thou. You might be able to find someone selling parts from a set.

sillieidiot
08-05-2017, 06:56 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

Reading comprehension fail. His first sentence tells you what he's trying to do lol

WOLFN8TR
08-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Oops Ha Ha. Lack of sleep caught up to me.

Haynix
08-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Yes i've already got the outer plastic lenses off with a heat gun, that's not the problem. I'm talking about the glass projector lens inside. see the picture link in the original post.