PDA

View Full Version : 2004 BMW 330i Sedan ZHP 6MT w/ 108k miles (Trenton, NJ) - 10,700

BMWCurves
08-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Found on Craigslist. Alpine White on Natural Brown leather interior. Does not have the Cold Weather Package. Does not appear to have the Premium Package.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-zhp/6234969077.html

ELCID86
08-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Want.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

330blast
08-17-2017, 10:41 PM
Nice one! Driver's seat seems to be in very good shape.

az3579
08-18-2017, 03:25 AM
Nice one! Driver's seat seems to be in very good shape.

There are no pics of the driver's seat...

holyc0w
08-18-2017, 04:51 AM
Oh...damn :eyetwitch

slater
08-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Want.

double want.

dang.

ELCID86
08-18-2017, 11:56 AM
There are no pics of the driver's seat...

I noticed that. And I'm sure we know why.

fredo
08-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Check post #14, Carfax reports an accident.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?20488-WTB-Alpine-White-ZHP-Sedan&p=538073#post538073

Sreten
08-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Is a reported accident on Carfax really a deal breaker for some people? If the title is still clean and it was something minor, don't see why would that stop me from buying it if the rest of the car checks out.

Reported accident on Carfax just means it went through insurance and was probably fixed good. I've seen tone of cars with clean Carfax that had minor body work done.

ELCID86
08-19-2017, 02:38 PM
It is for some. Probably not for me. Just depends on the car and the circumstances.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

fredo
08-19-2017, 05:05 PM
I know my case must be an exception, but anyway pls check post 17 here. I'm sure carfax relies on police reports, so the officer was not very accurate here.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?18596-Car-accident-please-advise&p=530990#post530990

az3579
08-20-2017, 06:06 AM
Is a reported accident on Carfax really a deal breaker for some people? If the title is still clean and it was something minor, don't see why would that stop me from buying it if the rest of the car checks out.

Reported accident on Carfax just means it went through insurance and was probably fixed good. I've seen tone of cars with clean Carfax that had minor body work done.
Probably to do with the fact that once there's an accident, any number of new variables come into play.

Is the part a good quality part?
Did the shop do a good job prepping? Painting? Good quality paint or other materials?
Was anything else affected that they could have missed, or were these things even considered? Was there actually major damage when the car was pretty new so it wasn't totaled out?

These are just some of the questions, and there are more to be asked. Ultimately it's a headache to try to figure out whether the work done was proper From what I've seen, flaws can usually be spotted in bodywork if it's anything past a simple panel replace and spray.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sreten
08-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I agree with that part. Would be a plus if the seller has pictures of the accident in such case.

But then, you got bunch of cars that had body work done and Carfax doesn't show anything. Then you really don't know anything.
I remember looking at one ZHP that had clean Carfax, but had close encounter with a deer and had bumper, one fender, hood and headlight replaced.
He never reported it to insurance or police. I never entirely rely on Carfax and always look for body work even if the Carfax comes clean.

BMWCurves
08-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I agree with that part. Would be a plus if the seller has pictures of the accident in such case.

But then, you got bunch of cars that had body work done and Carfax doesn't show anything. Then you really don't know anything.
I remember looking at one ZHP that had clean Carfax, but had close encounter with a deer and had bumper, one fender, hood and headlight replaced.
He never reported it to insurance or police. I never entirely rely on Carfax and always look for body work even if the Carfax comes clean.

I always just use a CarFax as a first step in many when gauging a car. Like you say, a lot can slip through a CarFax.