PDA

View Full Version : FS: '05 Orient Blue-NB leather 6mt 88K-miles - $14,000

Gramps
08-22-2017, 11:22 AM
2005 ZHP sedan in somewhat rare (one of 20) Orient Blue over Natural Brown leather interior color combination, 6-speed manual, and factory equipped with: Performance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multifunction wheel, Moonroof, Smoker’s pkg, Power and Heated front seats, Center rear headrest, Xenon headlights, In-dash CD player, Rainsensor and autoheadlight, Automatic climate control, Harmon-Kardon premium sound system, and Aluminum “silver cube” interior trim. Non-smoker forever, by lack of any evidence. Car as of this posting has 88,016 miles, and will be driven sparingly until sold.

SOLD

I am replacing my Cayman S and ZHP with a new performance sedan (deblinged 2017 Chevy SS 6-speed manual), in preparation for a bunch of retirement travel, and to get all my cars in the garage. They have been a lot of fun to drive and enjoyable to work on; but, I could not satisfy all of my objectives (Cayman-level sound and performance with the sedan’s charms and flexibility, with a warranty) in one of them. Definitely want to come back to them again in the future.

VIN: WBAEV53465KM08305

Purchased car from the second owner (who reportedly purchased it from the original owner, a good friend, in late 2014, and appeared to have driven it sparingly), with a clean CarFax and 64,xxx miles, in June 2015, after first conducting a nationwide search for a very clean E39 M5 (involving multiple PPIs…), as well as an Audi S4 V8, for use as my new daily driver, replacing my trusty ‘09 Cobalt SS turbo sleeper sedan with 150k miles. Decided in favor of the ZHP, for practicality sake. I had just bought a CPO ‘10 Cayman S 6-sp manual for my ‘pleasure’ driving, with retirement looming.

Prior to my purchase, per the vehicle warranty report, the car was covered under an extended service pkg and was largely dealer serviced, until Nov 2010, at least, and received recall repair for rear light grounds. Thru 2010, dealer repairs included but were not limited to manual trans selector arm, P/W door switch cluster, new fluid changes/flushes, stabilizer bar link, Inspection 1, valve cover gasket, P/S box discharge hose, front window regulator, and battery replacement. Indie replaced rear brake pads and sensors, in Feb 2014, and performed oil change with filter, in Oct 2014. Second owner apparently replaced front FLCA bushings, between late 2014 and Jun 2015.

Soon after, I initiated following maintenance and repairs:

Replaced RF window regulator, brake rotors and pads with Centric High-Carbon rotors, Posi-Quiet semi-metallic pads, and sensors,
Installed new stainless steel brake lines with complete flush,
Replaced wiper blades,
Performed a complete cooling system service, including upper and lower radiator hoses, temperature sensor, thermostat, water pump, expansion tank, and flush (less radiator),
BMW dealer replaced recalled RF passenger airbag
Began several treatments of the leather interior, using Leatherique,
Reattached A/B/C pillar fabric,
Began multiple refreshes of the black interior and exterior trim pieces.

Oil change and filter, in Aug 2015.

New windshield (equipped for rainsensor) and wipers installed by Safelite, in Oct 2015, after rock damage.

Replaced windshield washer pump, central console hazard slot, exhaust-to-trans bracket, cowl trim, and serpentine belt pulleys (w/deflection pulley), in Nov 2015.

Oil change and filter, and replaced fog lights with original type from Khoalty, in Mar 2016.

Installed UUC clutch unlock valve with flush, and removed and installed Radar Mirror-repaired interior auto-dimming rear view mirror, in Jun 2016.

Summer 2016, repaired two front original style 135 wheels of curb rash, using BAVauto alloy wheel repair kit.

Oil change and filter, in Oct 2016, at 81,743 miles.

Dealer installed recalled driver's airbag, Jan 2017.

Oil change and filter, in Jun 2017, at 86,500 miles.

Installed four new Sumitomo A/S HTR P02 W-speed-rated tires and performed four-wheel alignment, in Dec 2016, at 84,708 miles.

I didn’t care for the silver cube trim with the black/brown interior theme, and it was looking tired in places, so I wrapped it and the center console surfaces with removable carbon fiber-look vinyl wrap.

Despite clean CarFax, car appears to have received minor body repair and/or respray to RR door, as a small area that can be difficult to see in the pics is less than perfect. Week of Sept 3, while I had my paint detailer refresh the headlights (new pics to those who request) as well as color-match a host of minor blemishes, including this small area on the RR door. It does indeed look better, but what looks like a minor case of acne remains.

A low-speed home driveway incident involving a friend’s Cadillac SUV punching-in the LF headlight, this past spring, required replacement of the headlight, LF fender, hood, and a few minor bits, and a respray of the top of bumper cover (scuffed) and lower bumper. No panel alignments or mechanical damage was incurred. Paint match is excellent. I have several pictures of the damage and the detailed work order, listing extent of the repairs.

Though I find the car just beautiful on the whole, some cosmetic issues which I would have remedied, had I kept the car, remain: my repairs to the interior pillar covers, though not dangling as before, is not professional grade, nor are my alloy wheel repairs (BAVauto twice sent me 2-part epoxy that wasn’t up to snuff, with a uniform gray color instead of the required two distinct colors). Also, the TireRack-sponsored tire installer managed to abuse the wheels, as well as scratched the driver’s door paint, and gouged the rear bumper cover, as I discovered after the fact. They wouldn’t own up to it. I had over 12 minor dents PDRd this spring, leaving only two very minor dents on the roof in front of the moonroof. Per pic, driver seat outside bolster could use redying, only. I plan to have the bolster repaired next week.

New BMW rubber mats installed in 2015.

Title is clear, no lien.

Contact info: email at “vicwhite90@gmail.com” or phone/text to 804-370-5412.

Car is located in Frederick, MD.

Photos here: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-BCBw5k/

webster
08-22-2017, 11:42 AM
glws, lovely color combo and enthusiast ownership history.

BMWCurves
08-22-2017, 11:55 AM
GLWS. Love this color combo. So few Orient Blue Metallics out there.

danewilson77
08-22-2017, 12:01 PM
GLWS homey.

Sent from my S8+

ZacharyMikel
08-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Beautiful beautiful car, good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gramps
08-22-2017, 12:18 PM
Many thanks. I just noted a few typos and omissions:

Second "Oct '16" oil change was actually done in Jun '17, cowl trim piece was replaced in 2015, pinched console vinyl wrap near driver will be smoothed, and faded driver's seat bolster, as per pic, requires redying (no tears or stitching required).

webster
08-22-2017, 12:36 PM
you can edit your original post :) just click the "Edit Post" icon below your post.

Gramps
08-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Done. Thanks for tip.

Skelkar116
08-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Done. Thanks for tip.I will be sending you a pm tonight

Where in Frederick are you?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bimrologist
08-22-2017, 02:14 PM
good. lord. what a beautiful car, glws!

san
08-22-2017, 03:58 PM
:drool

GLWS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ELCID86
08-22-2017, 05:11 PM
Love it. (I used to live in Dearbought towards Walkersville. Down in Stafford, VA now.

Blaze439
08-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Wow, that makes 3 of 20 sold here on this forum this year so far. I will be selling the 4th here in a few weeks. GLWS! Beautiful car!

Gramps
09-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Thanks.

I have edited the thread contents again, including a price drop, and additional detail work both done, and to be done next week, since posting; however, I cant seem to edit the thread title itself, as it still shows the original sale price. Can anyone help this old dog?

Prestovie
09-14-2017, 11:43 AM
This color combo :jawdrop:drool GLWS

ELCID86
09-14-2017, 05:01 PM
You may want to update the threat title (if you can't, ask the Moderators).

danewilson77
09-14-2017, 05:31 PM
You may want to update the threat title (if you can't, ask the Moderators).Done

Sent from my S8+

zhpnsnv
09-15-2017, 03:47 PM
What a beaut.

Lorenzo
09-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Beautiful specimen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77