View Full Version : 2017: Year of the Sell. It's been fun 8 years owning a ZHP. KM05909 gone to it's new home.

derbo
08-28-2017, 06:29 PM
I thought I make an official thread.

For those that have been following my project thread and/or chat with me, I've sold my ZHP to Brett Wrigley in Georgia. It has left me with a bittersweet moment as it is going to an incredible home. I setup a pre-sale detail and photoshoot. With the in progress pics, I ended up selling it before I even posted the ad! I'm more than please with the who it went to as well as the fair price between the two of us.

## Why did I decide to sell it?
One real letter could caused all this ruckus. ///M. When I first bought my ZHP, it was a daily driver. Then it became a track car. It served its purpose very well. However, now that I have a commuter car doing most of the leg work, the urge to have something even more special has arose. I've toyed with the idea for a long time to get rid of the ZHP but it wasn't until recently and I actually followed through.

## Whats Next?
I'm on the hunt for an E90 M3 LCI 6MT in any exterior color except Jet Black and Melbourne Red. The interior must have black interior and navigation at a minimal. Would be nice items are ZCP, EDC and comfort access/convenience package. With the rarity of a 6MT E90 Sedan with black interior, I might open up to the coupe as well. 2009+ E92 would be a minimal so that the navigation is the updated CIC. LED coupe tails came in 2011 but they can be retrofitted to any year M3 which expands my search results. Hopefully I find something that will be as nice as the ZHP I had.

## Thanks to all of you
This is forum has raised the bar of how a community should act. It's been amazing to be part of it throughout all these years. You all been amazing and I've made some great friends here. :) I'm not going away. I'll still be around in the facebook group and here. :)

#Pictures
Some of my favorites over the years

http://i.imgur.com/5bX10k0h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6xZLKq2h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2LJ49w6h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gwM6l3xh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JbwmoUAh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EMbIMe2h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E9fvm8Eh.png

http://i.imgur.com/uGMcOWeh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OTWXcMQh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nDYpbIxh.jpg

So Long, KM05909. It's been fun incredible 8 years.

## Fun facts: (For Vas)

Days owned: 3060
Miles Driven: 72,513
Avg Miles per Day: 23.70
Total spent (not inc car): $35,480.26

Mileage vs Date

Sreten
08-29-2017, 03:13 AM
Having owned an M5, I can understand your urge. For me the perfect combo would be ZHP for DD duties and e92 M3 for other occasions. Power of those cars is just intoxicating.

I agree regarding this community. One of the best all around and I plan on sticking around no matter what car I end up with.

Good luck with your search! :thumbup

nextelbuddy
08-29-2017, 04:37 AM
so happy your car went to a great new owner and that it stayed in the family. best of luck with your new vehicle and looking forward to keeping up with your new adventures.

zhpnsnv
08-29-2017, 05:09 AM
Congrats! Beware, though, of the E46 boomerang! Ask me how I know...

derbo
08-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Having owned an M5, I can understand your urge. For me the perfect combo would be ZHP for DD duties and e92 M3 for other occasions. Power of those cars is just intoxicating.

I agree regarding this community. One of the best all around and I plan on sticking around no matter what car I end up with.

Good luck with your search! :thumbup

That was the original plan but watching this car do 3300mi/mo would make me sad watching it wear down from where it is today. My commuter car is a 2017 civic hatchback turbo. It's great for doing the job of commuting but I need something with more umph for Point A to Point A drives and HPDEs.

so happy your car went to a great new owner and that it stayed in the family. best of luck with your new vehicle and looking forward to keeping up with your new adventures.

I'm happy it went to Brett. I wish you Georgia folks were closer to me! It would've been fun to see these ZHP meets/Spec ZHP races.

Congrats! Beware, though, of the E46 boomerang! Ask me how I know...

I already want to go back but at the same time, a V8 sound is intoxicating...

Sockethead
08-29-2017, 08:56 AM
a V8 sound is intoxicating...
This is why my next bimmer will probably be a V8...

slater
08-29-2017, 09:38 AM
This is why my next bimmer will probably be a V8...

this is why i might LS the Touring... ;)

derbo
08-29-2017, 09:53 AM
this is why i might LS the Touring... ;)

California Smog tyrants will hate me. I don't want to deal with them so OE is the way to go! E39 M5 is also a nice car to have but I think E90 M3 would be a little more up my ally with all the fun NCSexpert Coding they can do. :)

slater
08-29-2017, 10:41 AM
California Smog tyrants will hate me. I don't want to deal with them so OE is the way to go! E39 M5 is also a nice car to have but I think E90 M3 would be a little more up my ally with all the fun NCSexpert Coding they can do. :)

i agree - E90 M3 would be my choice of the two, although it would be a tough choice.

congrats on the sale - 8 years is a long time. any leads on the E90?

Vas
08-29-2017, 10:56 AM
Good luck derek with your next car. Thanks for all the assistance and help you have provided over the years.

That picture with the thumbs up is my favorite and so is the statistics :)

Oli77
08-29-2017, 05:06 PM
It's good to have members divert from the e46 platform. You guys can guide us with our next purchase. E90 is an intriguing beast and I guess is favored over the F30?

The money spent on your E46 is a bit overwhelming. Think it was all due to tracking the car?

derbo
08-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Good luck derek with your next car. Thanks for all the assistance and help you have provided over the years.

That picture with the thumbs up is my favorite and so is the statistics :)

One of my all time favs. :) I'm sure there will be more as I wander through them..

i agree - E90 M3 would be my choice of the two, although it would be a tough choice.

congrats on the sale - 8 years is a long time. any leads on the E90?

Yes it is! It's one of the few cars I've owned that I appreciated A LOT. My old Honda 93 civic coupe turbo was fun but the fear of it being stolen made it hard for me to want to keep it forever. Besides BMWs allured me at that point in my life (still does.)

I emailed a few folks on M3s but I haven't heard back from any of them. I guess they aren't motivated to sell them? idk.

It's good to have members divert from the e46 platform. You guys can guide us with our next purchase. E90 is an intriguing beast and I guess is favored over the F30?

The money spent on your E46 is a bit overwhelming. Think it was all due to tracking the car?

Haha indeed!

Yes, majority of the money spent were indeed overly cautious maintenance and racing parts. Big Brake Kits, Recaros, Suspension all don't come cheap! Tires and Brakes also eat up tires.

cakM3
08-30-2017, 01:50 AM
Sad to see your ZHP go but I am now looking forward to seeing what is in store for you my friend! Some of your parts will still live on thru my two BMWs :thumbsup You have been very helpful, don't be a stranger ;)

az3579
08-30-2017, 03:27 AM
My (your) driveshaft says hello. :)

BMWCurves
08-30-2017, 07:52 AM
As I said elsewhere, sorry to see your car go, but you seem like you have a roadmap to even more fun all laid out. Your car was part of why I chose 17" APEXes over 18", they looked so good.

http://i.imgur.com/SVS67sx.gif

johnrando
08-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Good stuff. Will miss this car being w u and your project w it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derbo
09-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Sad to see your ZHP go but I am now looking forward to seeing what is in store for you my friend! Some of your parts will still live on thru my two BMWs :thumbsup You have been very helpful, don't be a stranger ;)

I won't. :) I'm always around to chit chat anything!

My (your) driveshaft says hello. :)

Haha the GruppeM intake is also in your car right? :P

As I said elsewhere, sorry to see your car go, but you seem like you have a roadmap to even more fun all laid out. Your car was part of why I chose 17" APEXes over 18", they looked so good.

http://i.imgur.com/SVS67sx.gif

Thanks man! 17 ARC8 was always a logistical choice to save money on tires. It just happened to look good as well. :)

Good stuff. Will miss this car being w u and your project w it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cheers JR! I'll still be around. :)

az3579
09-05-2017, 03:33 AM
Haha the GruppeM intake is also in your car right? :P

Ah, forgot that started in your car...

san
09-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Does the total money spent on the car include fuel costs as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiggz
09-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Going ZHP to E90 M3 is a natural transition IMO - I did the same a year ago after 6 years w/ the ZHP.

Good luck in your E90 search - given ZCP is not a requirement you shouldn't have too much trouble, though DCT is still much more common. A lot of people want the E90/6MT/ZCP combo, which limits you to 2011 only, and only 1300 or so we're built - those sell nearly as fast as they're listed.

RedAtom
09-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Going ZHP to E90 M3 is a natural transition IMO - I did the same a year ago after 6 years w/ the ZHP.

Good luck in your E90 search - given ZCP is not a requirement you shouldn't have too much trouble, though DCT is still much more common. A lot of people want the E90/6MT/ZCP combo, which limits you to 2011 only, and only 1300 or so we're built - those sell nearly as fast as they're listed.

How is your experience with the M3 after coming from the ZHP? I am only a year in with the ZHP and will probably keep it for another or two before I upgrade to the E90 or E39 M5.

derbo
09-09-2017, 04:05 PM

Thanks!

1055 E90 LCI 6MT were produced from 2009-2011 regards of ZCP or not.

Since I what black interior, that limits it ever further. I found one but of course it is at EAG. 2011 6MT Space Gray / Black slicktop ZCP with all the bells n whistles. They are asking $47.9k where clean retail value is $38k. I emailed them and seeing if they will work on price. I want a sunroof but the rarity of the slicktop makes me more curious.

webster
09-09-2017, 04:21 PM
I must say I love the slicktop on my ZHP. Thought I would miss the sunroof but with 4 windows to roll down I don't. I swear the car stays cooler in a parking too.

fredo
09-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Derek, I heard EAG does not negotiate that much. GL. Keep us posted.

derbo
09-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Does the total money spent on the car include fuel costs as well?

Nope!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

derbo
09-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Derek, I heard EAG does not negotiate that much. GL. Keep us posted.

You are probably right. I have to try though.

I did opened up my search to LCI coupes and 2009+ for the CIC iDrive. The ideal car would be a 2011.75 LCI e90 or 2011.75+ E92 but as long as the iDrive is the update CIC, I can live without BT A2DP Streaming.

I emailed a few coupe contenders that were a lot more reasonable in price compared to that EAS one so we will see!

kayger12
09-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Congrats! Hope you find what you're looking for.

derbo
09-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Congrats! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks!

I'm definitely in a no rush, so I might just continue to wait for the right car for the right price.

BTW,

this is the dream car (maybe add a sunroof)

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=466257993&hideBackLink=true&Log=0

san
09-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Thanks!

I'm definitely in a no rush, so I might just continue to wait for the right car for the right price.

BTW,

this is the dream car (maybe add a sunroof)

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=466257993&hideBackLink=true&Log=0

:drool
Dream car indeed and wish I had the funds but close to $50k. Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

az3579
09-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Having read the documentation on what EAG did to that car, I can confidently say that car is grossly overpriced. They didn't do enough to it to earn that premium.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

derbo
09-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Having read the documentation on what EAG did to that car, I can confidently say that car is grossly overpriced. They didn't do enough to it to earn that premium.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agreed.

san
09-11-2017, 05:05 AM
You are probably right. I have to try though.

I did opened up my search to LCI coupes and 2009+ for the CIC iDrive. The ideal car would be a 2011.75 LCI e90 or 2011.75+ E92 but as long as the iDrive is the update CIC, I can live without BT A2DP Streaming.

I emailed a few coupe contenders that were a lot more reasonable in price compared to that EAS one so we will see!

https://www.carmax.com/car/14830631

704sw
09-11-2017, 07:56 AM
https://www.carmax.com/car/14830631

I think he wanted iDrive and didn't want black lol. But that mileage is pretty great, and it's nice it already has (what appear to be) Apex wheels.

san
09-11-2017, 08:08 AM
I think he wanted iDrive and didn't want black lol. But that mileage is pretty great, and it's nice it already has (what appear to be) Apex wheels.

Oops. I thought all E9x m3 had iDrive and didn't know about him not wanting black. I just checked to make sure it was 2011 and manual. Never mind then.

jiggz
09-11-2017, 12:32 PM
How is your experience with the M3 after coming from the ZHP? I am only a year in with the ZHP and will probably keep it for another or two before I upgrade to the E90 or E39 M5.

E90 M3 ownership has been great so far. I proactively replaced the rod bearings which was several thousand, otherwise it's been as reliable as the ZHP. I do sometimes miss the simplicity of the ZHP, the S65 is a finicky motor - should be allowed to idle down when cold (40 seconds or so), doesn't like to be pushed until operating temps go up which can take time w/ the heavy 10w60 oil, some odd sounds from the engine here and there, etc. Not the best car to just jump in and take off, IMO. The jump in performance is substantial though, as expected. I'd highly recommend one :thumb

Thanks!

1055 E90 LCI 6MT were produced from 2009-2011 regards of ZCP or not.

Since I what black interior, that limits it ever further. I found one but of course it is at EAG. 2011 6MT Space Gray / Black slicktop ZCP with all the bells n whistles. They are asking $47.9k where clean retail value is $38k. I emailed them and seeing if they will work on price. I want a sunroof but the rarity of the slicktop makes me more curious.

Right, 1055. I was thinking of the 2011 E90 ZCP #'s (manual and DCT) which is 1336 as I recall, but the 1055 is the relevant # here given your parameters. Good luck w/ the search - your car will pop up! Obviously search frequently, and be ready to move on it immediately, the good/rare (6MT) ones sell fast! Mine is DCT but fully loaded (minus extended leather) and Interlagos Blue, a fairly rare and desirable color on the E90. I emailed the dealer the day it posted and struck a deal once they got it cleaned up/PPI. In those few days until the deal was finalized, the salesman I was working with told me good thing I reached out so quickly, they had several other people lined up if I opted not to buy it (which I believed). Had it shipped from OH to WA!

What other colors you looking for? Any, with Space Gray as the #1 preference?

iya_e46
09-13-2017, 07:57 AM
Bittersweet. Congrats and Good Luck with the hunt.

derbo
09-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Bittersweet. Congrats and Good Luck with the hunt.

Thanks man! I will live vicariously through your Alpine Weiss :)

E90 M3 ownership has been great so far. I proactively replaced the rod bearings which was several thousand, otherwise it's been as reliable as the ZHP. I do sometimes miss the simplicity of the ZHP, the S65 is a finicky motor - should be allowed to idle down when cold (40 seconds or so), doesn't like to be pushed until operating temps go up which can take time w/ the heavy 10w60 oil, some odd sounds from the engine here and there, etc. Not the best car to just jump in and take off, IMO. The jump in performance is substantial though, as expected. I'd highly recommend one :thumb

Right, 1055. I was thinking of the 2011 E90 ZCP #'s (manual and DCT) which is 1336 as I recall, but the 1055 is the relevant # here given your parameters. Good luck w/ the search - your car will pop up! Obviously search frequently, and be ready to move on it immediately, the good/rare (6MT) ones sell fast! Mine is DCT but fully loaded (minus extended leather) and Interlagos Blue, a fairly rare and desirable color on the E90. I emailed the dealer the day it posted and struck a deal once they got it cleaned up/PPI. In those few days until the deal was finalized, the salesman I was working with told me good thing I reached out so quickly, they had several other people lined up if I opted not to buy it (which I believed). Had it shipped from OH to WA!

What other colors you looking for? Any, with Space Gray as the #1 preference?

From what I gather, there is about 1220 ZCPs (DCT+6MT) out there.. how many actually have iDrive + Sunroof are beyond me as well. It becomes a very limited pool and I think I might have to expand that pool a little more.

Colorwise: Melbourne, Jet Black, Silverstone are No's for exterior. It basically leaves Space Gray, Alpine White, Jerez Black, Intelagos, Le Mans on the table.

derbo
09-15-2017, 09:53 PM

All things go well, this will be my next ride... :D

704sw
09-16-2017, 04:54 AM

All things go well, this will be my next ride... :D

Beautiful.

BMWCurves
09-16-2017, 07:25 AM
White or a dark blue are my favorite colors on the E90 M3. Those wheels are great as well. Good luck!

jiggz
09-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Wow that was fast! Slicktop w/ Nav, I like it.

Keep up posted..

Johnmadd
09-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Sweet!

fredo
09-16-2017, 04:27 PM
I like the plan, my friend. :thumbsup

RUS_ZHP
09-17-2017, 11:38 AM
4 doors - check
White - check
Slick top - check
You did very well, sir

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Vas
09-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Where is the Starbucks cup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

derbo
09-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Beautiful.

White or a dark blue are my favorite colors on the E90 M3. Those wheels are great as well. Good luck!

I'm glad its the graphite color 218Ms. I still really love the M359 rims, but it's okay. I can get those one of these days...

Wow that was fast! Slicktop w/ Nav, I like it.

Keep up posted..

Thanks!

Sweet!

I know!

I like the plan, my friend. :thumbsup

:)

4 doors - check
White - check
Slick top - check
You did very well, sir

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm hoping I do!

Where is the Starbucks cup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The what?

##Update

The car is in Rhode Island, so it's going to be interesting getting it all sorted out. Right now I'm finishing up paperwork for it and getting all the logistics taken care of.

Specs:
2011 M3
52,xxx miles

Sight Unseen purchase feels crazy but it is coming from a BMW dealership..

iya_e46
09-18-2017, 10:29 AM
nice!!

704sw
09-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Derek, is this a 6MT? I might've missed that bit.

derbo
09-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Derek, is this a 6MT? I might've missed that bit.

Indeed!!! That was like my #1 Requirement. The DCS report would've showed a 2MT (M Double Clutch Logic) if it wasn't. ;)

I'm already looking up how to code in Euro MDM and Brake Force Display Stage 3. :)

704sw
09-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Indeed!!! That was like my #1 Requirement. The DCS report would've showed a 7MA (M Double Clutch Logic) if it wasn't. ;)

Perfect. I know someday I'll have to embrace the flappy paddle gearbox, but I'm not ready for that anytime soon.

I'm already looking up how to code in Euro MDM and Brake Force Display Stage 3. :)

MDM. Moar sideways = moar fun [emoji51]

Thanks for reminding me I need to code in Brake Force 3. Way too many inattentive soccer moms in 3-row behemoths out here in the suburbs.

BMWCurves
09-18-2017, 03:18 PM
This is my dream E90 M3. I'm jelly.

MDM. Moar sideways = moar fun [emoji51]

Thanks for reminding me I need to code in Brake Force 3. Way too many inattentive soccer moms in 3-row behemoths out here in the suburbs.

Does this apply to coupes much? I've only ever seen it on E46 sedans.

holyc0w
09-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Does this apply to coupes much? I've only ever seen it on E46 sedans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhlrJK-yuKY

BMWCurves
09-18-2017, 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhlrJK-yuKY

Now I want. More coding to be done.

jiggz
09-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Nice spec - has a good amount of optional equipment.

Must have been custom ordered when new - you rarely see heated seats and folding rear seats and not the full CWP. I like that route, eliminate the headlight washers.

Sight un-seen...almost have to do that with an E90 6MT there's so few around. Unless you just get lucky and find one local.

derbo
09-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Nice spec - has a good amount of optional equipment.

Must have been custom ordered when new - you rarely see heated seats and folding rear seats and not the full CWP. I like that route, eliminate the headlight washers.

Sight un-seen...almost have to do that with an E90 6MT there's so few around. Unless you just get lucky and find one local.

This picture somewhat sold me on it. The leather is MATTE. For 52k, that is darn amazing.

jiggz
09-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Steering wheel and lower trim piece look remarkable for 52K miles...maybe they're newer...or the prior owner wore gloves!

Most of the leather wheels are oily/shiny, and the trim pieces have peeling around the buttons by that mileage.

704sw
09-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Steering wheel and lower trim piece look remarkable for 52K miles...maybe they're newer...or the prior owner wore gloves!

Most of the leather wheels are oily/shiny, and the trim pieces have peeling around the buttons by that mileage.

This. Is just takes one errant fingernail or ring to destroy the steering wheel trim.

az3579
09-21-2017, 11:06 AM

I'll bet you it's a newish wheel!

derbo
09-21-2017, 06:04 PM
I bet so too, but the pics I got from the sales guy is before the inspection started so either way, it sold me as most interiors are very shiny already.

derbo
09-23-2017, 10:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5EjKR5Vh.jpg

Awaiting a transport trailer and off to California!!

BMWCurves
09-23-2017, 12:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5EjKR5Vh.jpg

anandoc
09-23-2017, 02:22 PM

Congrats! Thats my (affordable) dream car right there!

jiggz
09-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Closed transport?

Mine was open from OH to WA and I regretted not paying for closed. My car was a total mess when it arrived.

Good luck, I'm sure the anticipation is killing ya!

fredo
09-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Looks very sharp !

derbo
09-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Closed transport?

Mine was open from OH to WA and I regretted not paying for closed. My car was a total mess when it arrived.

Good luck, I'm sure the anticipation is killing ya!

Yes, enclosed trailer. I don't want to see it dirty when I get it. :)

derbo
09-23-2017, 06:45 PM

Congrats! Thats my (affordable) dream car right there!

I always wanted an M3, this seems like the most logical move. An E46 M3 would've been nice too but I think it isn't enough of a change from the ZHP to warrant the change.

Looks very sharp !

Thanks!! I certainly hope so. I haven't seen it in person yet. It sure looks great in the pictures!

Sockethead
09-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Congrats! When you hear the roar of the V8, you'll know you made the right call!

TigerTater
09-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the ZhP ---> e90m3 club!!

I love mine. Truly amazing car. Of course I quickly upgraded the stock shifter to the ZHP knob with coby wheel tri stitch boots.

Also did the oem exhaust mod and updated the stock tips to some magnaflow tips.

You are in for a treat. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/2d65edf4f2f1a624044885f727371511.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/6fa109f73734bc89e2aaa303b9bcacc1.jpg

derbo
09-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the ZhP ---> e90m3 club!!

I love mine. Truly amazing car. Of course I quickly upgraded the stock shifter to the ZHP knob with coby wheel tri stitch boots.

Also did the oem exhaust mod and updated the stock tips to some magnaflow tips.

You are in for a treat. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/2d65edf4f2f1a624044885f727371511.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/6fa109f73734bc89e2aaa303b9bcacc1.jpg

Thanks man! The pics I got of the interior shows a ZHP or F10M5 knob in there. I hope it is the latter!

I'm planning to do the OEM ACM Mod locally. There is a guy name Todd at Exhaust works in Belmont,CA that will do it for $300 for about 2hrs of work.

san
10-05-2017, 04:45 AM
Any updates?

derbo
10-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Any updates?

Car is en route to me. I had a fun time with enclosed trailers..lol

Timeline so far:
9/15: Found car, made deposit day of..lol rash decision
9/19: Received paperwork, ran into a snag at credit union
9/21: New paperwork came around with different lender to workaround the snag. Car is still in service/reconditioning
9/22: Car is reported ready
9/26: Dispatch I used still cannot find an enclosed trailer, I contact a friend to help
9/27: I get confirmation there will be one around end of the week, said monday pickup most likely
10/2: Monday is delayed for whatever reason
10/3: Car is finally picked up

Unknown ETA on the car right now. The estimated time frame is 6 days so we will see.

Sockethead
10-05-2017, 06:27 PM
6 looooong days... that would drive me crazy...

704sw
10-05-2017, 06:44 PM
I feel your pain on waiting. I think it was 7 weeks between when I first contacted Peter and when I flew up to see the car in person/buy it.

derbo
10-05-2017, 08:02 PM
6 looooong days... that would drive me crazy...

I mean technically, its been since 9/22 since the car was ready..and 10 more days to a full month since I made the deposit..lol

i_b_bass
10-05-2017, 09:00 PM
When buying out of state the process always longer than you want it to, especially if there is financing involved. At least you're working with a dealer as they're responsible for making sure that the paperwork is in order. I was on the selling end for three years.

derbo
10-06-2017, 01:15 PM
When buying out of state the process always longer than you want it to, especially if there is financing involved. At least you're working with a dealer as they're responsible for making sure that the paperwork is in order. I was on the selling end for three years.

Yes, I wouldn't have financed if it wasn't from a BMW dealership.

TigerTater
10-13-2017, 11:09 AM
6 days is up!

derbo
10-13-2017, 01:04 PM
6 days is up!

Truck broke down in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Car wont be here till next Friday. Bummer!

704sw
10-13-2017, 01:43 PM
You seem calm and cool (through written text). I assume what's happening behind that keyboard is a profane tirade.

TigerTater
10-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Truck broke down in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Car wont be here till next Friday. Bummer!

lol what are the odds of that. Holy crap! I would have driven to salt lake and picked it up by now...

derbo
10-13-2017, 03:30 PM
You seem calm and cool (through written text). I assume what's happening behind that keyboard is a profane tirade.

Things happen. I'm not happy with it but I also feel like I could've gotten the car within 4 days if I just opt for an open trailer. Either way, it isn't like I absolutely need it with me right now so it's okay. Now if I could only decide on what suspension to go with...

lol what are the odds of that. Holy crap! I would have driven to salt lake and picked it up by now...

I would but currently there is a few wildfires in my area and I think its better the car hasn't arrived just yet. In the meantime, I'm building out my NCSexpert coding list and building out a "Wishlist" of parts..lol

jiggz
10-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Any updates? Did the car finally make it's way out of SLC to SF?

derbo
10-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Any updates? Did the car finally make it's way out of SLC to SF?

Nope. Truck apparently has a seized engine and it's still there. I'm working with my broker to try and resolve this. It's about 3 weeks since they picked it up now.

TigerTater
10-23-2017, 09:52 AM
What kinds of things can be coded? Is it hard? Can it be done remotely?

Took my car for airbag recall last week, and the oem software could be updated, but wasn't sure the benefit. Also the dealer told me would cost a goodbit bc of labor charges to download and install...at a 150$ hr labor rate!!

cakM3
10-25-2017, 03:09 AM
Damn Derek! I haven’t been following your thread and you now have an E90 ///M on its way to you! Congrats!![emoji1417][emoji41] Welcome to the ///M club!

Hopefully it will be in your hands soon! Looking forward to delivery pics! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk Pro

derbo
10-25-2017, 08:37 AM
What kinds of things can be coded? Is it hard? Can it be done remotely?

Took my car for airbag recall last week, and the oem software could be updated, but wasn't sure the benefit. Also the dealer told me would cost a goodbit bc of labor charges to download and install...at a 150$ hr labor rate!!

Similar to how the E46 was, you can do a few things like comfort close, brake force display, etc. Unfortunately I am not sure the best method to remotely code without the proper software/cables on hand with you.

What do they mean OEM software? There are so many computers onboard now, I have no clue if they mean the CIC software or what. If it is the navigation maps, I think that is like a 45minute job which explains their charge!

Damn Derek! I haven’t been following your thread and you now have an E90 ///M on its way to you! Congrats!![emoji1417][emoji41] Welcome to the ///M club!

Hopefully it will be in your hands soon! Looking forward to delivery pics! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Charlie!

It's been an interesting journey since I started the process to buy this M3. I hope to finish it up today with a delivery and get on with enjoying the car! :)

derbo
10-26-2017, 08:45 AM
https://i.imgur.com/DLOYAcWh.jpg

Finally here! :)

Pictures!
https://i.imgur.com/G4PIJv0h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5JBQpfOh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wZHdmYrh.jpg

The previous owner gave a few surprises (good ones!). It has matte black front grilles (ehh), F10 Shift knob, Rear Fog DIY Button (the blank cover can be modified to be that button on the E9x) and its been coded with a few items as well! Practically everything on my list was already done by the PO so I didnt have to code it. Comfort Close, Amber Delete, ZCP EDC, etc etc.

As expected from a East Coast car, there is a some minor surface rust on the bolts and few other areas but I expected that coming into the car.

I'm glad the car finally is here. Now to move on to smog and getting everything squared away.

704sw
10-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Gorgeous.

Congrats, sir.

BMWCurves
10-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Love those wheels.

Sockethead
10-26-2017, 09:24 AM
Yay! How exciting for you!

slater
10-26-2017, 10:10 AM
derek! wow, man... that is SWEET! congrats!!!

As expected from a East Coast car, there is a some minor surface rust on the bolts and few other areas but I expected that coming into the car.

yeah - and they don't look bad at all, from what i can see. i would wire-brush them and just hit them with some paint. in your environment.... that should be all you need to do. :cheers

derbo
10-26-2017, 11:04 AM
derek! wow, man... that is SWEET! congrats!!!

yeah - and they don't look bad at all, from what i can see. i would wire-brush them and just hit them with some paint. in your environment.... that should be all you need to do. :cheers

Good call. I don't know what rust is like ;) hahaha

I just compared the EDC TRC files and they are indeed different. I'll have to edit that later. Thought he did ZCP for a minute..like damn this guy is awesome!

TigerTater
10-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Nice man! Glad you got it!

Driving impressions?

I'm talking about the overall cars firmware...I don't have Cic or nav....

Yelkos
10-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Nicely Done, looks well worth the wait.

derbo
10-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Nice man! Glad you got it!

Driving impressions?

I'm talking about the overall cars firmware...I don't have Cic or nav....

You maybe able to do it with with ISTA/P but I don't have that since that monster is well over 300GB in space. Frankly most programming for the latest updates usually would be done by the dealer as I don't always have the latest updates as well.

I only drove it around the lake and to get gas. It wasn't enough to garner a true impression since most of it was low-end RPM driving.

For a low-end driving, the torque is underwhelming. In fact, the zhp feels more fun under 4k RPM. After 5k rpm, it is a beast with the ITBs screaming at me.

cakM3
10-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Derek, it's nice to see such a wonderful example in good hands! I know you will enjoy a new chapter in BMW ///M ownership :thumbsup Drive her like you stole her! :drevil

danewilson77
10-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Nice grab.

Sent from my S8+

fredo
10-26-2017, 06:20 PM
Congrats. The M3 looks great. :roundel

TigerTater
11-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Updates on thoughts? Any mods done?

san
11-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Updates on thoughts? Any mods done?

Derek's E90: ///M3 Sedan Journal
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=14392&share_tid=20833&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ezhpmafia%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fs howthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D20833&share_type=t

derbo
11-29-2017, 10:09 AM
Derek's E90: ///M3 Sedan Journal
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=14392&share_tid=20833&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ezhpmafia%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fs howthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D20833&share_type=t