PDA

View Full Version : Not mine: US Millworks Front Plate Mount

704sw
09-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Found on M3f. $68.

If you're not a member there, let me know and I'll contact the seller on your behalf.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=591874

Edit: apparently it's only compatible with non-M cars if you buy a separate piece. Maybe worth making a lower offer to the seller, maybe not.

danewilson77
09-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Great mount!

Sent from my S8+

anandoc
09-08-2017, 05:44 PM
That's a pretty good price. Do keep in mind though - the M3 version is not compatible with the 330i/ZHPs

BMWCurves
09-08-2017, 05:53 PM
That's a pretty good price. Do keep in mind though - the M3 version is not compatible with the 330i/ZHPs

That's surprising, and a shame. I'd be all over it if it fit our cars. You'd think the tow mount placement would be the same in all E46s.

GreatFrog
09-08-2017, 09:46 PM
My hypothesis (although not officially confirmed by US Mill Works) is that everything is uniform fitment other than that the tow hook bolt's LENGTH is model specific. And yes, you can buy the bolt separately. Check out this page: http://www.usmillworks.com/parts.html
All the parts come in one single size except the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anandoc
09-09-2017, 04:29 AM
My hypothesis (although not officially confirmed by US Mill Works) is that everything is uniform fitment other than that the tow hook bolt's LENGTH is model specific. And yes, you can buy the bolt separately. Check out this page: http://www.usmillworks.com/parts.html
All the parts come in one single size except the bolt.

Your hypothesis is most likely true. Only the bolts are sold in separate sizes. But then its best to buy the whole kit new from them...rather than paying $68 to this seller and then buying a $17 bolt separately and paying S+H.

704sw
09-09-2017, 05:35 AM

Well that's unfortunate. See what I get when I try to help?!

I'm quite glad I don't live in a front-plate state.

anandoc
09-09-2017, 05:40 AM

LOL. I am sure there are many with a E46 M3 over here who would be interested in this.

webster
09-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Texas is a front plate state but I have never gotten any trouble over not running one

GreatFrog
09-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Texas is a front plate state but I have never gotten any trouble over not running one

I am also trying my luck...

BMWCurves
09-09-2017, 09:16 AM

I'm quite glad I don't live in a front-plate state.

I hate it with every fiber of my being, but then you occasionally see videos of crashes or other crimes where the front plate was used to help LEOs catch the culprit. Then my hate abates for about 25 minutes and then resumes full bore.

I am also trying my luck...

Some states are worse than others. I've gotten three tickets for my father's Miata without a front plate. Once while moving and the other two while parked in two different parts of the city. The third time I even had the plate on the dash but was still issued a ticket for "improper placement" of the license plate.

ELCID86
09-09-2017, 09:24 AM

I got stopped in VA on Ft. Myers by an MP at the gate for not having a front TX plate! Just a warning.

webster
09-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Sure enough I literally just got a warning while parked from local pd patrolling the area LOL

BMWCurves
09-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Sure enough I literally just got a warning while parked from local pd patrolling the area LOL