View Full Version : ZHP vs standard E46 sedan parts...

Zaks
02-10-2018, 11:30 AM
I've searched but wanted to confirm before pulling the trigger on a parts car. There's a 2004 325xi for very cheap that I'm considering buying and parting out. It has the black interior that I want for my ZHP so my main question... other than the sport seats on the ZHP, is everything "plug n play" with these 2 cars? If I go through with this I'll probably just source the front sport seats through the forums etc, but the rest of it should swap right in I believe.

Exterior and drivetrain I will simply post up for sale and won't be using anything for my car.

I'd search more on my own but don't want to miss out on the sale. Thanks in advance.

az3579
02-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Make sure they are like-for-like if you want the same functionality. So, make sure they're heated (if yours are heated) and have lumbar support (if yours does as well). One nifty thing is that if you car doesn't have lumbar support but the replacement seats do, there's nothing to retrofit; they'll just work out the gate. :)

Heated seats require more work, but you should be fine swapping that interior as-is. I'm not 100% sure the seat rails are the same since the xi's have a different transmission/driveshaft tunnel, but I don't think that's one of the things that's different. If anything, you can always swap the rails if you had to.

stephenkirsh
02-17-2018, 07:20 PM
The interior on zhp is no different than another sport package car except for cube trim and black ceiling/pillars for non-black cars. The seats are same as sport pack seats. The steering wheel is different.

Other than that, and the exterior matte black trim, there isn’t much different between the two.

Cabrio330
02-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Don't forget the beautiful red gauge needles!