PDA

View Full Version : WTB ZHP

A1Gio2
02-15-2018, 08:40 PM
So, I’ve seen it here before...I sold my ZHP and I want another one. I’d like to see what’s out there, requirements below.
Year(s):2006, 05, 04, 03 (the later the better)
Budget:<$20k
Desired location of vehicle: East of the Mississippi but a rust free, no salt car.
Desired Mileage:<50k
Transmission type:Manual
Desired number of Doors: 4 pref, couples considered, no converts
Desired Color combos:Red, Black, Blue, white, Steel Grey Metallic
Desired Packages:Premium
Funds lined up? Yes...
Have a car you need to sell first? No

Low mileage, maintenance, condition (no accidents, paint/body work) are a must. I know there aren't many the fit the criteria, so I’m patient.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slater
02-16-2018, 05:16 AM
So, I’ve seen it here before...I sold my ZHP and I want another one.

they are great machines! indeed, others have done the same. did you buy a newer car and didn't like it?

A1Gio2
02-16-2018, 07:09 AM
they are great machines! indeed, others have done the same. did you buy a newer car and didn't like it?

I didn’t buy one, but I’ve test driven a few new BMW’s and the only car that impressed me was the M3. All of the other F variants were boring to drive and soulless. I’d rather save the money and find the best example of a ZHP I can find, enjoy, and maintain. I really should have kept mine, it was too nice of a car.

That said, onto the next one!

ZHPizza
02-16-2018, 07:17 AM
Welcome back! I'm one of many here that did the same thing.

<50k miles for a 13+ year old car is, as you know, a hard find. Honestly, a car that has sat that much is going to have just as many problems as a higher mileage car due to age/rot. I think @BMWCurves has replaced more parts on his low mileage car than I've had to do on my 150k mile rag.

slater
02-16-2018, 07:37 AM

<50k miles for a 13+ year old car is, as you know, a hard find. Honestly, a car that has sat that much is going to have just as many problems as a higher mileage car due to age/rot. I think @BMWCurves has replaced more parts on his low mileage car than I've had to do on my 150k mile rag.

agreed, on all points. finding a well-maintained example is more important than mileage at this age.

A1Gio2
02-16-2018, 09:00 AM
agreed, on all points. finding a well-maintained example is more important than mileage at this age.

Interesting point. I know it's often made in the Ferrari world. People assume great Ferrari models of the 80's are the sub 20k mile cars when in reality, the higher mileage cars that have been driven are the ones with proven reliability.

My former ZHP had 55k miles and was an original owner car and ran perfectly. I'd hope for something like that with all of the problem areas sorted.

BMWCurves
02-16-2018, 11:58 PM

Yup. If I had to do it again, I would probably be very hard pressed to go with the low mileage example (mine had 49k miles in 2015) over a higher mileage example with solid maintenance. I've replaced a lot of parts due to age rather than mileage, and had to eat the low mileage price premium in the process.

A1Gio2
02-17-2018, 04:31 AM
All good points. That said, I will entertain higher mileage examples with extensive maintenance history. Preferably all original paint cars and no accidents.

What would you say is the cutoff for mileage before they totally diminish in value and thinking really start falling apart?

mikay
02-17-2018, 12:39 PM
PM'd you

bandwagn
02-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Not mine - a bit pricey, but may be worth checking out

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F19 2458195751

nextelbuddy
02-17-2018, 03:32 PM
All good points. That said, I will entertain higher mileage examples with extensive maintenance history. Preferably all original paint cars and no accidents.

What would you say is the cutoff for mileage before they totally diminish in value and thinking really start falling apart?

I mean What are you looking for exactly? Looking for a daily driver? Are you looking for something to collect and sit on? Are you looking for something you can drive and then sell for exactly what you put into it and not lose any money on? You know cars lose value regardless how much does an E30 M3.

A1Gio2
02-17-2018, 04:09 PM
I’m looking for a car to drive and enjoy, maintain and not plummet in value. These are not collector cars.

A1Gio2
02-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Not mine - a bit pricey, but may be worth checking out

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F19 2458195751

I inquired and learned of rust repair as it’s a NY car. Nextttt!

ohioandy330i
03-15-2018, 08:34 PM
PM'd

papa_g
03-15-2018, 10:01 PM
So just out of curiosity, what sort of components go bad over time, rather than over mileage? I am assuming suspension parts, for just sitting that long, possibly also tires and some electronic components. Anything else?

ZHPizza
03-16-2018, 04:44 AM
So just out of curiosity, what sort of components go bad over time, rather than over mileage? I am assuming suspension parts, for just sitting that long, possibly also tires and some electronic components. Anything else?

Pretty much any and all rubber can dry rot due to age and some seals can dry out due to lack of use. It terrifies me when someone is selling a 2004 ZHP with 18k miles on the original tires.

BMWCurves
03-16-2018, 06:05 AM
Pretty much any and all rubber can dry rot due to age and some seals can dry out due to lack of use. It terrifies me when someone is selling a 2004 ZHP with 18k miles on the original tires.

Oh, you don't like your low mileage car with brittle bone disease? How picky of you.

Jeremyt
03-19-2018, 08:58 AM
If you live in a place the has rodents of any sort a sitting car can be totalled before cracking rubber becomes a problem.

papa_g
03-19-2018, 02:37 PM
If you live in a place the has rodents of any sort a sitting car can be totalled before cracking rubber becomes a problem.

LOL... but seriously that'd be a shitty way total your car