PDA

View Full Version : Modbargains Shipping Delays?

cornercarver
04-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Has anybody here ordered from Modbargains recently?

I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Sportline 8s wheels; placed the order on March 2nd. Almost immediately afterwards, the general manager emailed me to say the shipment was due mid-March, and the wheels would ship by the end of the month. My credit card was charged in full on March 2nd. It's now April 2nd and I have not received the wheels, nor an update on the status of my order.

I emailed the general manager last Friday and have not received a response. I'm on the fence relative to calling & cancelling the order.

Anyone else have recent experiences with them?

Sockethead
04-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Ugh! don't get me started on these people
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10479-Forgestar-Modbargains-debacle

danewilson77
04-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Has anybody here ordered from Modbargains recently?

I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Sportline 8s wheels; placed the order on March 2nd. Almost immediately afterwards, the general manager emailed me to say the shipment was due mid-March, and the wheels would ship by the end of the month. My credit card was charged in full on March 2nd. It's now April 2nd and I have not received the wheels, nor an update on the status of my order.

I emailed the owner of Modbargains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cornercarver
04-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Ugh! don't get me started on these people
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10479-Forgestar-Modbargains-debacle
Wish I had seen that thread before I ordered. :facepalm

704sw ordered his from them and didn’t have any problems so I figured it was safe. I don’t mind waiting a few weeks for something, as long as I have a definite ship date.

I emailed the owner of Modbargains.

Do you have a relationship with them?

I drafted an email to Alan Wei, cc’ing Ron Hay, but I haven’t sent it yet. Figured I’d give Alan the benefit of the doubt first - i.e; maybe he wasn’t in Friday and hasn’t got through all of his weekend emails yet. I’ll hit ‘send’ in the morning so it doesn’t get lost in tonight’s emails...

I’m going to move pretty quickly on this if I don’t get a concrete ship date within 24hrs; Credit card company is on speed dial and I’m going to dispute the purchase because this is starting to smell fishy. Most retailers won’t charge your credit card until the product ships.

i just looked them up on the BBB and see that there were a few complaints from 2013 and 2015. :(

danewilson77
04-02-2018, 02:41 PM
By last Friday, I guess I was assuming the Friday (before last). I would say give it a day or two.

I'm not super supportive of the whole "let's charge the guys account even though we don't have the product" idea. For a month.

Please update this thread when you receive a response.... Positive or negative.

Thank you

cornercarver
04-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Please update this thread when you receive a response.... Positive or negative.
Will do.

I just finished reading through that other thread, and while I’m happy for them that it was resolved, I’m not waiting five months to get this figured out.

SaltyNC
04-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Modbargains doesn't have a great reputation and has been banned from several forums. I liked their lightweight Sportline 8s CSL reps and decided to give them a chance. Pre-sales was great. The guy I was working with knew fitment, and we discussed how aggressively I wanted to push the wheel/tire width. I ended up ordering a wheel and PSS tire combo, road force balanced and shipped to the door. Excellent up to this point. I mean, I was thinking I couldn't be working with the same company with the negative reviews. While I had the wheels off, I thought it was the perfect time to wash, clay, and seal them. I quickly realized the finish wasn't perfect on the new wheels. I had areas that were glossy and slick as glass and other areas where it looked like there was no clear coat or clear coat overspray and the texture was rough. I took photos where the front of the spoke was glossy and the sides were dull and sent those to the rep.

I'll not go into all the details and back and forth, but I'll just put it this way about MY personal experience with ModBargains. They are like fair weather friends. When things go as planned, they are great, friendly, good communication. When there is a problem that will cost them money or cause them to break even, they turn their backs. My rep supposedly went up the food chain with my issue and I was promised they would make it right, but they never did a thing. In the end, I took care of it myself, and wrote it off as experience/lesson learned.

cornercarver
04-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Now I wish I had asked the question before placing my order. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Maybe others who are thinking about buying from Modbargains will read this thread.

danewilson77
04-02-2018, 07:12 PM
My rep supposedly went up the food chain with my issue and I was promised they would make it right, but they never did a thing. In the end, I took care of it myself, and wrote it off as experience/lesson learned.

Unbelievable. I hope Mike Brown visits this thread and responds to me appropriately via email. I'd like to hear his explanation.

YoitsTmac
04-02-2018, 07:32 PM
I have been in contacts with Elliot. I too ordered Sportline 8S's, and Elliot said he believes they came in today. I assume your order would go under the same rule. When I placed my order on the 26th, I was told the wheels were on order to come in this week. If I don't see them by the end of next week, do you know anywhere else Sportline's can be purchased? I thought I looked everywhere.

cornercarver
04-03-2018, 04:58 AM
Unbelievable. I hope Mike Brown visits this thread and responds to me appropriately via email. I'd like to hear his explanation.

Is Mike Brown still co-owner/CEO? He appears in the video about rotary forging but I don't see him listed on the company contacts page.

(Edit; I emailed the general manager and cc'd Ron and Mike this morning...)

Sockethead
04-03-2018, 05:36 AM
I'll not go into all the details and back and forth, but I'll just put it this way about MY personal experience with ModBargains. They are like fair weather friends. When things go as planned, they are great, friendly, good communication. When there is a problem that will cost them money or cause them to break even, they turn their backs. My rep supposedly went up the food chain with my issue and I was promised they would make it right, but they never did a thing. In the end, I took care of it myself, and wrote it off as experience/lesson learned.

My wife's sales rep went as far as harassing her and threatening her if she didn't take down her negative post.... When he knew she was in the hospital and had just given birth to twins by emergency C section!!!! Now you all know our hatred for this company. As part of our agreement\resolution, I demanded that this sales rep apologize to my wife.

danewilson77
04-03-2018, 06:56 AM
Is Mike Brown still co-owner/CEO? He appears in the video about rotary forging but I don't see him listed on the company contacts page.

(Edit; I emailed the general manager and cc'd Ron and Mike this morning...)Not sure...

cornercarver
04-03-2018, 10:35 AM
The GM just emailed me... Below is a summary of our emails to date, minus personal info/sigs..

This puts me in a difficult position; I want the wheels and I'm willing to give them another week or two (probably will be two...these things always take longer) but I'm worried the statute of limitations with my credit card company will run out if I want to dispute the charges at that time. (i.e.; if they don't deliver in 2 weeks because 'the wheels were delayed by customs' or some other excuse.)

I'm going to call my cc company and see what they say.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM, <Alan> wrote:
Hey Chris,
Container has landed in the USA as of 3/31 and is currently awaiting US customs clearance. Once they arrive at Sportline they will need to be checked in for inventory and then shipped out from there on. I would say it would be about another 1-2 weeks or so as we do not have control over the US custom clearance time frame.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 9:02 AM, <Chris> wrote:
Alan,

Following up again...

You accepted my payment of $1,160.00 on March 2nd. It is April 3rd; I have not received the order, nor have I been updated relative to it's status.

Please advise asap.

-Chris

--
On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 9:09 AM, <Chris> wrote:
Alan,

It's the end of the month... Please advise regarding the status of my order.

Thanks,
Chris

--
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:33 AM, <Alan> wrote:
Hey Chris,
The special order form is only valid for the duration of the special order. It would not be valid for longer than expected ETAs for example and I would not hold you to that. Again the ETAs provided is March for the container arrival so things will arrive and ship out this month. If that gets delayed for whatever reason, I will definitely keep you in the loop and at that time if you don't want to proceed, I would be willing to refund you the amount paid.

--

-Chris

SaltyNC
04-03-2018, 01:23 PM
If I don't see them by the end of next week, do you know anywhere else Sportline's can be purchased? I thought I looked everywhere.

As far as I know, they are made exclusively for Modbargains by Forgestar.

SaltyNC
04-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Just to add my final comment on this... I never posted my negative experience with Modbargains until now. I had been given fair warning to avoid them, but I thought maybe it was just one bad event that had happened in the past (there were credit card issues), and let's face it, there are always exceptions where a small percentage of folks have a bad experience with an otherwise good company, and basically no one would use them on the forums I was frequenting, anyway, so no need to warn others there.

And here is my first communication with the co-founder. I took the time to brag on his employee, because he had done a great job:

Good afternoon. I wanted to take a moment to "XXXXX" the praises of XXXX XXXXX. I was looking for a specific fitment of your Sportline 8s for my Z4M roadster. We started with a simple order, but the conversation quickly grew into a more complex discussion around tire specifications and offsets. XXXX was very patient to take me through the various fitments available and provided me with samples he had from your site and forums I frequent. He reassured me that I was getting a fitment that would look great and meet my criteria of not overly aggressive and no rubbing.

XXXX is an asset to your business, and please give him a pat on the back for me.

I'll share pics of the wheels when they come in, though they will initially be on stock suspension. I'll update the pics once I lower the car. Per XXXX's suggestion, I'll also share my experience on Yelp.

Best regards,
John

and here is the response I received:

John,

Thank you! I really appreciate that you took the time to email me the positive review. I completely agree with you that XXXX XXXXX is an absolute rockstar and asset to the business!! I am going to share this not only with XXXX, but with our whole team of 25 people. Once again I really appreciate it!

Also if you're a member of any forums, facebook groups, yelp, or google reviews - posting this review publicly makes a huge difference! What you say about us means 500x more than what we say about ourselves!

Best Regards,

Mike Brown
Co-Founder & CEO

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of back and forth, the final email came admitting that their entire stock of Sportline 8s in silver in the size I needed was bad and a promise to do something to make it right, but they never came back with any kind of resolution, and I just decided it wasn't worth the negative emotions to fight with them.

Heard back from them finally - He is going to talk to the owner of Forgestar for another solution but in the mean time I think you are good to mount them on your car.

I just double checked the rest of inventory for 19x9.5 in Silver and they're all like that. The windows are more rough than the surface. Let me talk to Vince and see what we can do. Maybe we can swap him out later when we get new parts in or something. Thank you.

So, take it for what's worth, and as my attorney friends like to say, "Be governed accordingly." :)

Reasoned1
04-03-2018, 04:14 PM
I avoid ModBargains and AutoAnything...

danewilson77
04-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Ugh....

danewilson77
04-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Looks like I'm out if luck with Mikey.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/a0399731ffc1143753d55b75444e20ef.jpg

cornercarver
04-03-2018, 06:16 PM
As far as I know, they are made exclusively for Modbargains by Forgestar.
I ran across another retailer earlier today but can’t find it now... I’ll post if I find it again.

cornercarver
04-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Looks like I'm out if luck with Mikey.
You get an A for effort though. :applause

jonnyd330
04-04-2018, 08:22 AM
I would suggest going with Apex ARC-8's, the company was a pleasure to deal with and I love the wheels.

cornercarver
04-04-2018, 08:51 AM
The ARC-8 looks great, but they don't come in an offset I like. The fronts typically poke out too far IMHO.

The Sportline 8s is the only wheel I've found that has the right 'look' (CSL reps) and the right combination of offset, width and weight. I was thinking if Modbargains doesn't come through in the next week or two I could buy VMR's, (even though they're heavy) but they don't have the offset I want. I prefer more of a tuck than most people, especially up front, and I think the VMR's only come in ET35 for the front (18x8.5.)

jonnyd330
04-04-2018, 10:08 AM
I like the way ARC's look, I did the following setup:
Front 18X8.5" ET45 225/40
Rear 18X9" ET42 255/35

cornercarver
04-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Rear 18X9" ET42 255/35
Pics?

Newjack
04-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Thanks for sharing, I'll add Modbargains to my list of vendors I will never give business too.

Sockethead
04-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Rear 18X9" ET42 255/35

I wish the SM-10s came in those ETs

jonnyd330
04-05-2018, 12:18 PM

jonnyd330
04-05-2018, 12:23 PM

jonnyd330
04-05-2018, 12:29 PM
These pics are on stock suspension. I am planning on getting a set of coilovers.

webster
04-06-2018, 06:45 AM
Thanks for sharing, I'll add Modbargains to my list of vendors I will never give business too.

+1

sorry for the hassle OP

webster
04-06-2018, 06:49 AM

based on these 2 pics i'm hopeful that the 18x9.5'' ET35 will fit out back. it's gonna be tight.

cornercarver
04-06-2018, 07:46 AM
based on these 2 pics i'm hopeful that the 18x9.5'' ET35 will fit out back. it's gonna be tight.
It'll be tight alright; His rear setup is a 9" ET42. ET35 is 7mm further out, and a 9.5" wheel adds 1/4" (6mm) to the outer edge, so your wheel lip will be 15mm further out than his. Unless you get aggressive with the negative camber I'm pretty sure it'll be beyond the fender.

Sockethead
04-06-2018, 07:52 AM
Wes, I'm in the process of sending back my 18x9.5 ET35... did you see my pics of the 18x9 ET35 on my car now? I don't think the 9.5 are going to fit without some serious fender work

cornercarver
04-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Wes, I'm in the process of sending back my 18x9.5 ET35... did you see my pics of the 18x9 ET35 on my car now? I don't think the 9.5 are going to fit without some serious fender work
For Wes;

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8698-What-did-you-do-for-your-ZHP-BMW-MINI-today-2&p=558093#post558093

webster
04-06-2018, 02:14 PM
ah yeah i may be just be too hopeful and not realistic. i wish Apex made a concave wheel that wasn't so aggressively offset.

the wheels are backordered for like 2 months anyway so i have time if i want to change the order...

Sockethead
04-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Here's the email I got from their tech support:

Max Kamal (APEX Race Parts)
Apr 6, 15:23 MST

Robert,

Thank you for the email. From what I understand, you are running the following fitment:

18x8.5 ET35
19x9 ET35

You are attempting to fit a 18x9.5 ET35 in the rear and you are unsure if this will clear your rolled fenders? The 18x9.5 ET35 will clear if your fenders are rolled, with some negative camber dialed in. This will be a very aggressive fitment.

I look forward to working with you.

Best,
Max Kamal - BMW Product Expert

I translate that as: it'll fit but you may not like it

webster
04-10-2018, 01:51 PM
sorry to threadjack, but i changed the order for the rears to 18x9 ET 42. don't feel like dealing with that aggressive fitment and the fender mod requirements.

shipping ETA is may 10th. let the waiting begin (continue).

Sockethead
04-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Good call! I wish I could do the same but SM-10 don't come in that size/offset

slater
04-10-2018, 04:39 PM
sorry to threadjack, but i changed the order for the rears to 18x9 ET 42. don't feel like dealing with that aggressive fitment and the fender mod requirements.

shipping ETA is may 10th. let the waiting begin (continue).

i'm glad you did - you ran that setup before (albeit on a coupe) and didn't have fitment issues.

i'm thinking of some 18x9 ET42 rears to mate to my 18x8.5 ET38 fronts... or 18x9.5 ET58 rears and use a 12.5mm spacer.

YoitsTmac
04-10-2018, 05:25 PM
I got an email back from Elliot about my Sportlines and he said “will probably ship next week.” So is still an indefinite statement, but I will raise the pressure next week.

704sw
04-11-2018, 03:31 AM
704sw ordered his from them and didn’t have any problems so I figured it was safe. I don’t mind waiting a few weeks for something, as long as I have a definite ship date.

Hey bud, I’m sorry I didn’t find this before now (I think you have to put an “@“ right before the username to alert them?).

Anyway, I just dig through my inbox, and it looks like I’m one of the only people NOT to have a shitty experience with ModBargains. I submitted my order on April 25, 2017. I received a second email stating they’d shipped (with tracking information) on April 28th, 2017. I know that doesn’t help you, but now I feel bad for speaking so highly of the wheels [emoji17]

cornercarver
04-11-2018, 04:53 AM
Hey bud, I’m sorry I didn’t find this before now (I think you have to put an “@“ right before the username to alert them?).

Anyway, I just dig through my inbox, and it looks like I’m one of the only people NOT to have a shitty experience with ModBargains. I submitted my order on April 25, 2017. I received a second email stating they’d shipped (with tracking information) on April 28th, 2017. I know that doesn’t help you, but now I feel bad for speaking so highly of the wheels [emoji17]
No reason to feel bad about it...they're nice wheels. You should feel good about buying/advocating them. (Actually - now that you have a new set of Apex wheels, you should sell me the Sportlines! :biggrin ) They're a good fit for our cars, they're lightweight, and relatively inexpensive...but the wheels aren't the problem...it's the people selling them.

I don't have a problem with a product being back-ordered. I do have a problem with a company that takes my money and doesn't send me anything for 6 weeks, no update on status, and no offer of a refund. If I didn't email or call them they probably would not have told me anything. They claim the container 'landed in the US on 3/31' and the wheels would ship after clearing customs. It's been a week and a half since it 'landed in the US' and I still have not received a shipment notification. I'll be contacting them again before the end of this week, but my gut says they're going to claim 'it's been delayed in customs and will be another couple of weeks' or some other lame excuse. (They originally said the container was due mid-March, and that they would ship out by the end of the month.)

I've been lamenting the fact that I ordered a bunch of stuff last month and haven't received it, or the order got cancelled because the product was out of stock, but at least the retailers reached out to me to say it was going to be delayed or offered to refund my purchase. I ordered some wheel studs and poly FCABs from ECS Tuning a couple of weeks ago; They contacted me to say the FCABs were back-ordered and won't ship 'till 4/23, but they offered to split the order and ship the wheel studs separately.

It's a frustrating experience and I'll never order from Modbargains again based on this and what others have said. Modbargains only has themselves to blame.

YoitsTmac
04-11-2018, 08:01 AM
They claim the container 'landed in the US on 3/31' and the wheels would ship after clearing customs.
For whatever it’s worth, this lines up with what I was told last week.

It's a frustrating experience and I'll never order from Modbargains again based on this and what others have said. Modbargains only has themselves to blame.
If my wheels don’t ship this week, this will be my mindset as well. Prior to this purchase, the most expensive purchase I have ever made for myself has been either a camera body or a lens. In both scenarios, it was written pretty clear when the items would ship, and when they would arrive. I hope this isn’t the standard. When it comes to my car, I try to predominately do business through FCP, so hopefully I don’t come across another experience like this. I understand wheels are different for the sole fact that they are wheels, but I do agree that we have a right to shipping updates and a reasonably accurate shipping timeframe. I was told mine with ship early April, and as of more recently been told they would ship this week. So if they can’t do that or update me, then I’ll be more upset

cornercarver
04-11-2018, 12:57 PM
I was told mine with ship early April, and as of more recently been told they would ship this week. So if they can’t do that or update me, then I’ll be more upset
If your wheels ship before mine I'll be pissed, (not at you of course) because I ordered mine 3 weeks before you.

If they ship mine this week I'll eat some of my words, but most of my rant still stands. I don't like the way they do business.

YoitsTmac
04-11-2018, 08:49 PM
If your wheels ship before mine I'll be pissed, (not at you of course) because I ordered mine 3 weeks before you.

If they ship mine this week I'll eat some of my words, but most of my rant still stands. I don't like the way they do business.

Understandably. I’ll post here when it ships

bandwagn
04-12-2018, 06:21 PM
A reputable merchant shouldn’t bill your credit card until the product ships.

cornercarver
04-13-2018, 02:38 AM
Exactly.

Sockethead
04-13-2018, 05:47 AM
Just reading their name pisses me off....

danewilson77
04-13-2018, 10:45 AM
A reputable merchant shouldn’t bill your credit card until the product ships.
Just reading their name pisses me off....This

cornercarver
04-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Miracle of miracles; I emailed (and called) today and whaddayaknow - they shipped today.

I'm reserving final opinion until they're in my hands though...

Just reading their name pisses me off....
Sorry bro.

Sockethead
04-13-2018, 03:00 PM
That's good news!... did they give you a tracking number?

cornercarver
04-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Yes - two, actually.

Seems legit; wheels often get paired for shipping.

704sw
04-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Yes - two, actually.

Seems legit; wheels often get paired for shipping.

Mine were shipped under 2 tracking numbers from that same company which shall not be named.

cornercarver
04-13-2018, 05:08 PM
...that same company which shall not be named.
LOL - good call. We don’t want Sockethead to bust a nut. :biggrin

704sw
04-13-2018, 05:17 PM
LOL - good call. We don’t want Sockethead to bust a nut. :biggrin

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduG8nljrAsExGg0/giphy.gif

YoitsTmac
04-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Miracle of miracles; I emailed (and called) today and whaddayaknow - they shipped today.

I'm reserving final opinion until they're in my hands though...

Did you have to call to get this info sent to you? I assume mine sent in the same batch but I won't hold my breath.

cornercarver
04-16-2018, 02:59 AM
I think if I hadn’t emailed Ron Hay and called they would not have shipped them that day. So yes, I think calling and emailing them repeatedly is necessary because they are bad at keeping customers in the loop. Squeaky wheel gets the oil...

YoitsTmac
04-16-2018, 10:55 AM
I email them at 8am PST asking for a shipping update, stating that I heard someone else with similar wheels had theirs go out. Elliot got back to me at 11:07 and stated my wheels are in the "staging area now and should be mounted/balanced and shipped today or tomorrow." At 11:27, I got an email stating all my wheels had shipping, with four separate UPS tracking numbers. None of them are recognized by UPS, although I know these things take time to hit the system.

My current wheels are out of round so I am hoping they ship quick. I am just up the coast. But yeah it seems you have to ride their a** to get things moving. This will be my last order through them. I guess I'm spoiled, but the only thing I've ever had to wait longer than 12 days for is stuff on eBay under $10 from China. FCP orders with free shipping is a close second but that's self inflicted.

Edit: I must say the discount I got was so extravagant that now that I know they shipped, I'm not sure I'm upset.

Sockethead
04-16-2018, 11:22 AM
yea they print the labels with the tracking number and put them on the boxes but they won't have any info until the actual labels are scanned by UPS

Sockethead
04-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Edit: I must say the discount I got was so extravagant that now that I know they shipped, I'm not sure I'm upset.

Nothing wrong with a good experience from them :)

cornercarver
04-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Agree with you there... It was $1160 shipped for me. Not a bad deal if you don't mind waiting 7 weeks.

Glad to hear yours shipped too.

YoitsTmac
04-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Agree with you there... It was $1160 shipped for me. Not a bad deal if you don't mind waiting 7 weeks.

Glad to hear yours shipped too.

Any reason you didn’t get yours with tires? What times are you going to put on them?

cornercarver
04-16-2018, 02:22 PM
Didn’t buy tires from them because nobody can beat the Tire Rack... I got Michelin PSS’s (235 for the front and 265 for the rear.) Paid about $840 shipped for all. -That includes 2yr road hazard protection, FWIW. Should be another $125 to mount & balance locally.

YoitsTmac
04-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Didn’t buy tires from them because nobody can beat the Tire Rack... I got Michelin PSS’s (235 for the front and 265 for the rear.) Paid about $840 shipped for all. -That includes 2yr road hazard protection, FWIW. Should be another $125 to mount & balance locally.

I just noticed there is no indent for M emblems. Does that bother you? I just noticed this, but ordered the M emblems months ago

cornercarver
04-18-2018, 02:31 AM
LOL - I did the same thing. :facepalm C'est la vie! I may just stick them on there somewhere anyway. Found a set of 5 on Amazon for ~$7... Bought two sets, actually, in case they fall off. :biggrin

SaltyNC
04-18-2018, 05:21 AM
I just noticed there is no indent for M emblems. Does that bother you? I just noticed this, but ordered the M emblems months ago

I heard but never confirmed that several CSL wheel makers had a call from BMW lawyers and had to make some changes. Losing the M emblem indent and the holes was required to avoid a lawsuit.

slater
04-18-2018, 05:55 AM
I heard but never confirmed that several CSL wheel makers had a call from BMW lawyers and had to make some changes. Losing the M emblem indent and the holes was required to avoid a lawsuit.

makes sense. personally, i think they look cleaner without them anyway.

704sw
04-18-2018, 06:29 AM
makes sense. personally, i think they look cleaner without them anyway.

+1.

They look cleaner, those M stickers get yellow over time, if you use ceramic coating the stickers won’t stick, and if you use decent strength cleaners the cleaners will take the stickers off.

YoitsTmac
04-18-2018, 11:18 PM
Well I used the cleaner and a wax so I guess it wouldn’t have worked for me. The heavy version and 19” sportlines do have the indent. Oh well. I got mine today, put them on the car. I don’t have any good pics because the seals of my rack blew up. Going to get one Friday.... the figment couldn’t be any tighter. Can’t imagine how anyone could run ET32

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 02:39 AM
Well I used the cleaner and a wax so I guess it wouldn’t have worked for me. The heavy version and 19” sportlines do have the indent. Oh well. I got mine today, put them on the car. I don’t have any good pics because the seals of my rack blew up. Going to get one Friday.... the figment couldn’t be any tighter. Can’t imagine how anyone could run ET32
Congrats on getting them so quickly! You must be closer to CA... Mine are scheduled for delivery today.

Sorry to hear about your rack. Hope you can get it fixed and enjoy your purchase.

Definitely put some pics up here somewhere when you can - maybe in the Wheels forum.

704sw
04-19-2018, 03:10 AM
the figment couldn’t be any tighter. Can’t imagine how anyone could run ET32

Heh, I run ET32 everyday. I actually ran ET30 for a while. Just a little extra front camber and zero rubbing.

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 06:28 AM
Heh, I run ET32 everyday. I actually ran ET30 for a while. Just a little extra front camber and zero rubbing.
What camber settings are you running F&B?

704sw
04-19-2018, 07:47 AM
What camber settings are you running F&B?

Once I put my front plates back on it’ll be 1.6° Rear, 1.3° Front. I don’t need that in the back for clearance, just happens to be what I have the adjustable arms set on right now.

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 08:10 AM
Once I put my front plates back on it’ll be 1.6° Rear, 1.3° Front. I don’t need that in the back for clearance, just happens to be what I have the adjustable arms set on right now.
I assume you meant '-1.6° Rear, -1.3° Front.' ...Which is not that much. I was expecting you to say you had -2° or more in the front.

704sw
04-19-2018, 08:12 AM
I assume you meant '-1.6° Rear, -1.3° Front.' ...Which is not that much. I was expecting you to say you had -2° or more in the front.

Yes, negative sorry. Right now I’m on stock strut mounts and it’s around -0.5°, and it only rubs on full compression.

YoitsTmac
04-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Sorry. It should be noted that I am running Z4M bushings, which push the hub out about 10mm. And in the rear I have a 10mm spacer. Remove the spacer and the offset bushings and I guess it could work even with conservative camber

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 01:10 PM
I thought the Z4 FCAB’s rotated the hub forward not out.

Mine arrived today. Good thing I didn’t get my hopes up because the finish isn’t very good. 3 out of 4 wheels have some kind of imperfection; either a paint run or dimple - don’t know what to call it - see pics below. Nothing is visible from 6 feet away, but still, even the cheap(er) ASA wheels I put on a previous car had better QC than these wheels.

I’m going to call and email Ron Hay to express my dissatisfaction. I’ll post here if anything worth mentioning comes out of it.

Absolutely will never buy anything from this retailer again.

704sw
04-19-2018, 01:27 PM

Mine arrived today. Good thing I didn’t get my hopes up because the finish isn’t very good. 3 out of 4 wheels have some kind of imperfection; either a paint run or dimple - don’t know what to call it - see pics below. Nothing is visible from 6 feet away, but still, even the cheap(er) ASA wheels I put on a previous car had better QC than these wheels.

I’m going to call and email Ron Hay to express my dissatisfaction. I’ll post here if anything worth mentioning comes out of it.

Absolutely will never buy anything from this retailer again.

Man, I’m sorry you’ve had such a shitty experience. I seldom associate myself with good luck, but Wiry (the guy I bought my M3 seats from who told me about these wheels) and I must’ve gotten lucky as hell.

YoitsTmac
04-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Oh, is that not expected? I found the finish on mine rather poor as well. I only had one paint chip. It’s not enough for me to make a fuss about. One tire isn’t facing the right way, I will fight that

Edit: poor in some places*

YoitsTmac
04-19-2018, 01:39 PM

Both in my experience. Keep us posted on your customer response. I’m just going to straight up ask for them to cover the tire to be rotated. I think that’s fair

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 01:49 PM
Man, I’m sorry you’ve had such a shitty experience. I seldom associate myself with good luck, but Wiry (the guy I bought my M3 seats from who told me about these wheels) and I must’ve gotten lucky as hell.
No worries bro! Certainly not your fault. Im happy for your good luck! Again - I like the wheel design, and the decision was mine to buy them. I should have just done a little more research on the retailer. I can live with some minor imperfections... I just hope that’s the only problem.

One tire isn’t facing the right way, I will fight that
They even F’ed up the tire mounting? Nice.

cornercarver
04-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Both in my experience. Keep us posted on your customer response. I’m just going to straight up ask for them to cover the tire to be rotated. I think that’s fair
I’d say that’s fair... Let us know how you make out.

YoitsTmac
04-22-2018, 05:20 PM
They have agreed to cover the cost of flipping the tire around

cornercarver
04-22-2018, 06:54 PM
I still haven't called. I'm pretty happy with the wheels now that I have them...may just let this dog lay (lie?) :dunno

YoitsTmac
04-23-2018, 11:57 PM
Wheel rotated. Spacers also removed to avoid rubbing. It’s hitting the direct side so I just need 1 or 2mm to get my spacers back. In either event, pretty happy. Need to wash the car before photos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk