PDA

View Full Version : AW E46 M3 Mirrors

poke08
05-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Picked up a set of carbon fiber mirrors a while back so I no longer need these.

Asking $OLD

kakashi169
05-18-2018, 06:23 PM
is it oem? and is it pre wired for sedans?

Vas
05-18-2018, 06:32 PM
Heated ? And not modified bases yet correct?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

poke08
05-18-2018, 06:52 PM
They are OEM, came right off of my M3. Perfect for someone looking to do the retrofit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poke08
05-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Heated ? And not modified bases yet correct?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not sure if they’re heated to be honest. I would think not.

Sockethead
05-19-2018, 01:35 PM
If you converting using your stock heated mirror motors and wiring then you just need to get heated mirror glass if the M3 mirrors don't have it

poke08
05-19-2018, 01:37 PM
If you converting using your stock heated mirror motors and wiring then you just need to get heated mirror glass if the M3 mirrors don't have it

Thanks for the info!

az3579
05-19-2018, 01:53 PM
I thought all M3 mirrors were heated... ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

cakM3
05-19-2018, 02:13 PM
is it oem? and is it pre wired for sedans?

Daniel, OEM M3 side mirrors are not compatible with sedans. To make them fit properly you will need to physically modify the baseplates to fit sedans and completely swap out the mirror motors for the sedan motors that come with your car. Then they will work.

OEM M3 side mirrors are heated mirrors. Every pair of OEM M3 side mirrors I have seen have heated leads for the mirrors.

az3579
05-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Daniel, OEM M3 side mirrors are not compatible with sedans. To make them fit properly you will need to physically modify the baseplates to fit sedans and completely swap out the mirror motors for the sedan motors that come with your car. Then they will work.

OEM M3 side mirrors are heated mirrors. Every pair of OEM M3 side mirrors I have seen have heated leads for the mirrors.Keep in mind Daniel has a 2001, which still uses the wire motors and not ribbon. They might be compatible if they use similar door modules as the M3's, I'd imagine.

The baseplate modification is still needed of course.

Zhpabe89
05-19-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks Tarik! Can’t wait to get the mirrors on my zhp.

cakM3
05-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Keep in mind Daniel has a 2001, which still uses the wire motors and not ribbon. They might be compatible if they use similar door modules as the M3's, I'd imagine.

The baseplate modification is still needed of course.

M3 wires are different BP. My first BMW was a ‘99 323i and OEM M3 mirrors would not work with that so I went with the rep M3 side mirrors instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nextelbuddy
05-23-2018, 10:08 AM
M3 wires are different BP. My first BMW was a ‘99 323i and OEM M3 mirrors would not work with that so I went with the rep M3 side mirrors instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it depends on if your 99 323i had heated mirrors, memory mirrors and memory seats. m3 mirrors also had similar mirror options. some M3 mirrors are 6 pin or 12 pin depending on if the car had manual seats or power memory seats which will dictate which mirror motor it had, how many wires it had and if the mirror switch was yellow bottom or blue bottom.

if the e46 sedan had power seats with memory and the M3 mirrors also had power seats with memory then it can still work. you would just repin the M3 mirror wires into the sedan plug and then plug them into the factory mirror modules in the door. same for passenger side. if that person wanted folding mirror capabilities then they would need to add the M3 mirror modules instead since they support folding motors.

az3579
05-24-2018, 08:09 AM
it depends on if your 99 323i had heated mirrors, memory mirrors and memory seats. m3 mirrors also had similar mirror options. some M3 mirrors are 6 pin or 12 pin depending on if the car had manual seats or power memory seats which will dictate which mirror motor it had, how many wires it had and if the mirror switch was yellow bottom or blue bottom.

Yep, this is why I said what I said. I was pretty sure you could use them as long as the "options" matched up.