PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone get their clutch?

CarbonZHP
06-24-2018, 01:06 PM
I have been 5 speed swapped for a while and am joining the real ZHP gang again with a ZHP 6 speed trans. I have found very little info on clutch parts. Does anyone have a suggestion on company or place to buy a lightweight flywheel and "Stage 1" clutch. Thanks

dubfreaks
06-24-2018, 01:16 PM
I have been 5 speed swapped for a while and am joining the real ZHP gang again with a ZHP 6 speed trans. I have found very little info on clutch parts. Does anyone have a suggestion on company or place to buy a lightweight flywheel and "Stage 1" clutch. ThanksOEM

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fenrir
06-24-2018, 03:23 PM
UUC for life here. Back in Oct of last year, I had their old lightweight system replaced with their newest one. Organic street spec clutch and a lightweight flywheel with replaceable friction plates. Followed the break in period to the letter and I've not had any issues.

ZHPizza
06-24-2018, 06:16 PM
UUC for life here. Back in Oct of last year, I had their old lightweight system replaced with their newest one. Organic street spec clutch and a lightweight flywheel with replaceable friction plates. Followed the break in period to the letter and I've not had any issues.Chatter tho?

CarbonZHP
06-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Clutchmasters has their fx400 full kit on sale. Little aggressive but I may go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fenrir
06-24-2018, 06:18 PM
It happens. It's not a bad thing.
Chatter tho?

Sent from the missing 10mm

az3579
06-24-2018, 06:32 PM
It's not a bad thing.

Guess I didn't get the memo.

Fenrir
06-24-2018, 06:45 PM
Guess I didn't get the memo.It honestly doesn't bother me lol. Plus, for me, bad is can't be fixed. Chatter can be prevented. For my purposes, the inertia payoff is worth it. Follow the break in period as if it were law and don't ride the clutch. I haven't had any serious chatter with either of the UUC setups on this car. The last one chattered quite a bit at the very end of it's life span. That was really it. It was also the old M5 kit. While I do not subscribe to marketing, UUC makes a great point in this article below. Use a sprung clutch if you are going with a LW setup. I have their sprung clutch in my car and notice little to no chatter. Combined with a drive train rebuilt, that included tearing my tranny down for signs of wear and running Redline ATF, I have no issues.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywheel/gear_rattle.htm

Vas
06-25-2018, 05:14 AM
ECStuning offers a variety of options and price points. That is where I ordered the Valeo single mass conversion kit.

There is also a Sachs clutch kit as well but almost $1k without a flywheel. Ouch

Phillips0417
06-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Don't get anything from UUC, their quality is severely lacking as well as their customer service for said parts.

If you're swapping to a 6MT you'll have to replace the flywheel as well because the pilot bearing is in the flywheel. Figured you already knew that since you already mentioned a LWF.

I have a JB Racing LWF and clutchmasters FX300 and its been great with zero chatter and doesn't slip under boost at all.

Link (http://www.jbracing.com/flywheel-bmw6.php)to JB Racing LWF. PN 520-190-240

Link (http://www.clutchmasters.com/fx300-03051-hdtz-d/)to FX300.

Fenrir
06-25-2018, 09:18 AM
ECStuning offers a variety of options and price points. That is where I ordered the Valeo single mass conversion kit.

There is also a Sachs clutch kit as well but almost $1k without a flywheel. Ouch+1 I've always heard good things about the Valeo kit.

CarbonZHP
06-25-2018, 08:28 PM
Bought an FX250 Clutchmasters kit through work today

Fenrir
06-26-2018, 09:42 PM
Cool! Let us know how it works out for ya!

idrivemyself
07-26-2018, 04:33 PM
I have the Clutch Masters FX100 (single-mass steel flywheel) and love it. There's a moderate increase in pedal pressure with the HD pressure plate (and the CDV delete with SS clutch line), but nothing unmanageable and still with good feel. Their base clutch is fine for stock or light bolt-ons with grab all across the power band, and the single-mass flywheel has a noticeable increase in weight-loss over the stock dual-mass. I definitely recommend it. :thumbup

CarbonZHP
07-26-2018, 07:26 PM
I ended up with a clutchmasters fx250 and aluminum flywheel

YoitsTmac
07-26-2018, 11:18 PM
congrats on the 6 speed! I'm doing my swap in the winter, and can't wait. What made you jump for an extra gear given all the work?

CarbonZHP
07-27-2018, 05:49 AM
Had a good deal on the trans and the amount of work wasn't bad given that I have access to several lifts at work