PDA

View Full Version : New Member from San Diego

sullivan.psvu
07-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Hello everybody my name is Sonny, I'm a new member to ZHP Mafia, BMW cars, and forums in general. About a month or two ago I picked up this 2005 ZHP 330i. It has about 121k on it. Moderate amount of maintenance records all from BMW. I'm not a mechanic by any means, my car knowledge is extremely limited to what i've worked on and application of some common sense. I learn as I go, but I try my best to do most repairs if there's a DIY available.

Maintenance and Repairs since i got it

Both front end wheel bearing replaced with OE FAG wheel bearing assemblies (Only driver side was needed but decided to do them in pairs as preventative) Also PITA if you can't find a good puller to remove that inner race.

Upper & Lower Intake Boots (rings re positioned facing up) (Vacuum leak)
Replaced Transmission Fluid, Filter, and Pan Gasket
Oil and Filter
Power Steering Fluid
Spark Plugs (NGK 3199)
Differential Fluid

Small things like:

Gas Cap
Coin and Cup Holder
AUX mod
Cabin and Intake Filter

Lots of plans but mostly OEM or better refreshes, i don't track or anything.

Priority Plans include

Complete refresh for the cooling system (The hoses and thermostat look fairly new, but i'm not too confident on the expansion tank age.)
CCV Refresh and all Vacuum lines
DISA Rebuild
Complete Control Arms (needs new bushings but i figured it would be good preventative maintenance for the rest of the joints)(I have creaking)

Things done already (prior to purchase and within last year)

Engine Mounts, Drive Belts, Power steering pump, Outside Oil Sensor, Oil Pan Gasket, all Window Regulators, Valve cover, and possibly the VANOS oil line (looks relatively new)

No leaks fluid wise although i do have some sweating from my power steering hoses ( i intend to replace the whole reservoir and hoses since i believe the filter is in there)

Body is straight, interior almost perfect including the headliner, paint is peeling a bit on the roof and a little on the hood. (getting quotes as we speak) any recommendation?

Sorry for the horrible formatting like i said i'm pretty new to forums in general. Ill learn etiquette and get better i promise!

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p449/skyyxd/20180708_084208_zpsludpx1bo.jpg (http://s347.photobucket.com/user/skyyxd/media/20180708_084208_zpsludpx1bo.jpg.html)

704sw
07-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Greetings, Sonny.

danewilson77
07-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Sonny, welcome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
07-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Welcome!

d-rod
07-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Welcome Sonny, I’m in San Diego too. Nice work/plans so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oli77
07-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Howdy from KY, etiquette and car look right to me.

johnrando
07-09-2018, 07:08 AM
Welcome... enjoy the ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fredo
07-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Welcome, sir. Congrats on your car. I was in San Diego a couple of years ago, it's a nice place.