PDA

View Full Version : Bavarian Autosport experiences ?

d-rod
07-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Hi All,
Little bit of a rant here;

I recently had a not so good experience with BavAuto. I’ve purchased things from them before with no issue and recently have been getting parts from FCPeuro with great success.
I’ve been waiting and waiting for the new Red Koni FSD struts to become available to complete my suspension refresh.
Currently I’ve been able to find the front struts available for the zhp from 3 different vendors and I went with BavAuto because the price was 2nd best but more reputable than the other 2.
My issue is when I made my order on July 7th the estimated delivery was at the end of the month. I inquired about my order status a couple days ago because I had not received any further information regarding shipping etc. they responded saying they don’t have them yet and are taking longer to receive than anticipated and will ship out on August 10th. To me that was not cool as I would have never known about it if I hadn’t reached out to them. I don’t know why they list something for sale if it’s not available to ship? I get it things happens, but I expressed that I was not satisfied with the situation and I had paid extra for shipping so I would received them sooner. I asked if there was anything they could do and if not to please cancel my order. They simply replied that they will cancel my order. They have zero customer retention skills? I’m asking you guys if I should pursue this and talk to someone above this guy? Or just move on and not ever purchase from them again?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180721/8c25cb8442f59e9c1776d318d988f345.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180721/9424e31e904d507ad4742f8967a90e14.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John in VA
07-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Don't sweat it - take your business elsewhere. The product is new, so I'm not surprised it's not yet stocked. You can almost always beat BavAuto's price - that full color catalog has to be paid for somehow! 20+ years ago they were one of the only vendors around - now there is plenty of good choices - FCP, AutohausAZ, BluntTech, BMA.

ZHPizza
07-21-2018, 03:52 PM
It sucks, but this is going to be the case with any vendor on the new FSD's. Know that they're sending the same emails to Koni wondering when the hell they're gonna get their shocks because they started taking orders when Koni said they would have them.

Maybe Koni is having production issues and refusing to ship product that's not to spec. The delay sucks for everyone, but hopefully this means they're making sure that the first batch is right as a bad first shipment would tarnish the line for decades.

d-rod
07-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Don't sweat it - take your business elsewhere. The product is new, so I'm not surprised it's not yet stocked. You can almost always beat BavAuto's price - that full color catalog has to be paid for somehow! 20+ years ago they were one of the only vendors around - now there is plenty of good choices - FCP, AutohausAZ, BluntTech, BMA.

I just wonder if it’s just this particular guy’s attitude. I was thinking of reaching out to whoever is in-charge. This guys just lacks customer service skills and I can’t base my decision on the interaction with one employee. I would have been happy with an apology or keeping my order but waiving some overnight shipping, anything really to keep me a customer. They need us, we don’t need them.

It sucks, but this is going to be the case with any vendor on the new FSD's. Know that they're sending the same emails to Koni wondering when the hell they're gonna get their shocks because they started taking orders when Koni said they would have them.

Maybe Koni is having production issues and refusing to ship product that's not to spec. The delay sucks for everyone, but hopefully this means they're making sure that the first batch is right as a bad first shipment would tarnish the line for decades.

Yes it does sucks! I bought the rear shocks from tirerack cause they were the only ones at the time that had them listed and it went smooth, shipped out no problem. When I check their website now for the struts they’re smart enough to NOT list them, I’m guessing to avoid this whole situation.
BimmerWorld has them on their site so I emailed them today to confirm they have them before placing my order.
Anyway, thanks guys for the advice. Hopefully I get these dang things sooner than later. I hate the feel of blown struts !!!

charter21p5
07-21-2018, 07:59 PM
I actually know Aaron very well and have spent thousands with him buying BMW parts for my cars. He is a very good person and very knowledgeable. Just call him if you want to find out if he has any more information. Based on knowing him and reading what he wrote to you he is not being rude he is only stating what he knows. HTH

d-rod
07-21-2018, 10:14 PM
I actually know Aaron very well and have spent thousands with him buying BMW parts for my cars. He is a very good person and very knowledgeable. Just call him if you want to find out if he has any more information. Based on knowing him and reading what he wrote to you he is not being rude he is only stating what he knows. HTH

This forum is helpful with information like this. Good to know he’s a good guy and I’m sure he’s knowledgeable, but I don’t see how you retain customers by basically saying “ok here’s your money back, bye” . I’ve been spending lots of money recently on my zhp, and my M5 and previously on other BMWs and my transactions really are straight forward and simple as we all would expect as customers, just didn’t get that from this gentleman.

ZHPizza
07-21-2018, 10:16 PM
You asked him to cancel the order if he didn't have a better solution, and he didn't have the parts in, so he cancelled the order as requested?

charter21p5
07-22-2018, 05:19 AM
He did exactly what you asked for... there was nothing he could do so he canceled your order. That may seem abrupt to you but it's really not as he did what you asked. It's the same issue I had with ordering bilstein. I ordered PSS9s for my e39 m5 from Aaron in December2017?... and bilstein STILL HAS NOT made them... No one has them.., Bilstein if you are reading this seriously what gives...

I sent the same email to Aaron as you did and he canceled the order. I just talked to him the other day and he said they finally got estimate shipping dates from bilstein to be this August!

These parts suppliers can only work with what they have availability for in inventories whether their own or the manufacturers.

If you find the part somewhere else and don't want to wait just do what you did cancel the order and buy it somewhere else that has availability so you are not waiting on the part.

HTH

d-rod
07-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Lol guys I was ranting and I just wanted my parts, we’ve all been through this at some point. I guess my issue is they have them listed for sale without the product being available, is that normal practice? Like I said tire rack doesn’t do this. Anyway, a simple apology would have sufficed and I would have left my order in place. Can you guys agree with that? I haven’t even received any kind of confirmation that my order was canceled yet..

We all have plenty of options now in buying our parts and you’d think there’d be more effort in keeping customer coming back?

charter21p5
07-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Lol yeah it can be frustrating, especially for those bilstein PSS9s! :) In my opinion they should always list them unless the parts are NLA. They can influence parts manufacturers but they do not control them. I honestly think you are overthinking this a bit... just call Aaron if you still want to order through them. I am 100% confident if you talk to him you will see what I am saying. Anyway good luck with your upgrade. I hope you find those konis!

ETAction
07-22-2018, 10:10 AM
I wanted the new Koni Specials as well and a couple sites stated them as in stock. When I went to place an order, none of the vendors had them in stock and I was told they were waiting on Koni. Was also quoted early August for shipment. I was not in a position where I could wait or else I most likely would have.

It is unfortunate that they show them available but turn out not to be. I feel your frustration.

d-rod
07-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Alright guys, to me, this just confirmed I’m not crazy or over reacting on the type of customer service we all deserve. I’ve ordered so many parts from FCP euro recently without issues. This time it looks like there’s a delay. Without me contacting them this is the email I received
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180723/f8a8e800fa547ba21a53f42bb9c9449d.png
I don’t think it’s that much to ask for this type of courtesy.

charter21p5
07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Yeah you are right. I am going to provide this feedback next time I order parts from bavauto. I was thinking about this and ecstuning provides expected ship dates, I don't believe I see those online with bavauto however I always work with Aaron so I never cared... with that said I always use ecstuning for looking up parts and expected ship dates!

Point made on your experience. I will definitely share it with them that their are opportunities for improvement. Whether they act on that recommendation will be up to them.

d-rod
07-23-2018, 04:06 PM
Yeah you are right. I am going to provide this feedback next time I order parts from bavauto. I was thinking about this and ecstuning provides expected ship dates, I don't believe I see those online with bavauto however I always work with Aaron so I never cared... with that said I always use ecstuning for looking up parts and expected ship dates!

Point made on your experience. I will definitely share it with them that their are opportunities for improvement. Whether they act on that recommendation will be up to them.

Awesome thank you, you guys were making me feel like I have too high expectations. But here you can see the difference, FCP Euro is a company that wants to retain customer and keep them happy. If BavAuto would have gave me the same courtesy, I would have been completely satisfied.

d-rod
07-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Alright so I really want these, bimmerworld never got back to me. I thought I would try tire rack again, they didn’t have them listed for the “performance” package which is what I’ve been searching under. I thought I’d ask when they’d be available.
They have those chat things that pop up and I always thought they were gimmicky, but it was actually super helpful! See my chat:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/fce54cc3d1b32f9c4733f901ac889cd4.png
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/9e8cccc064c8ff884b99c7fdf5d364bc.png
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/cf84bfe68d71bb6f80eff9eac301d9fd.png
All this took less than 20mins to figure out !
I’m not going to get my hopes up until I have them in my hand. Maybe this will help those searching for them.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/8de1da845831911522979a31392de811.png

d-rod
07-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Wow I’m shocked !
Really remarkable service from tire rack. I received my struts the following day after I placed my order? With free shipping and it’s a product nobody seems to have? Amazing !
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180726/775f6f3ca6ef0a947aeb1e34e7906d3c.jpg