PDA

View Full Version : FS 2004 Silver Grey 6MT Sedan - 157k - $9000

Bimmerdude317
07-30-2018, 05:24 PM
Life circumstances have forced me to sell my beloved ZHP. The previous owner included brief records of the maintenance performed through the year 2014, all done by a BMW dealership. I bought it in the spring of 2016 in California with 131,000 miles and have lovingly maintained it since then.

Album of full-size photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mitchlea/albums/72157669227030797

I'm looking to sell this car to someone who will appreciate it as much as I have and will continue treating it well. While it may have more miles than other examples out there, it has been well cared for and maintained over the years, which I've found to have more of a bearing on a car's life left than the mileage.

Aftermarket additions:
UUC TSE3 cat-back exhaust
Short-throw weighted shifter
Euro Clear tail lights and front corner lights
Professionally installed window tint
Gloss Shadowline trim and kidney grilles
Panavise phone mount
All-weather mats

Notable work that has been performed recently:
Front control arm bushings
Windshield
Water pump
Thermostat
HID headlight bulbs replaced
Rear tires

The oil has been changed every 5,000 miles with full synthetic Liqui Moly 5W-40 and Mann filters. I do not have records beyond mileage of each change as I have performed the work myself.

The car is not without its blemishes, but I have done my best to document them in the photos. There is a small collection of chips in the passenger side rear door that have been filled with touch-up paint. There is a small nick in the passenger rear quarter in front of the rear tire. The paint was not damaged here. The largest blemish is a ~6" shallow scratch along the passenger front door that has also been filled with touch-up paint. The shadowline trim along the Hofmeister kink on both rear doors has been substantially chipped. The previous owner filled the marks with black sharpie I believe, and it has since faded, showing the silver underneath. The pieces can be bought individually online, or a gloss black paint would work well to cover them up. Finally, the headliner has started to come undone along the c-pillars in the rear of the car. I was hoping to take out the whole panel and re-spray adhesive but haven't gotten around to it.

The only major mechanical issue currently is the brake pressure sensor. Last month I had both sensors replaced with new ones, but unfortunately one of the replacements was also faulty, bringing me back to the same point and a few hundred dollars poorer. The work is very straight forward, but I don't have the time to dive back into the car and get it fixed.

Original Options:
Performance Package
Cold Weather Package
Multi-function steering wheel
Lumbar support
Park distance control
Xenon headlights (HID)
Navigation system
iPod integration
In-dash CD player
6 Disc CD changer
Moonroof
Sirius XM
Power front seats
Center rear headrest
Rain sensor and auto headlights
Automatic climate control
Bluetooth connectivity kit
Harmon Kardon Premium Sound

danewilson77
07-30-2018, 06:24 PM
GLWS!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ETAction
07-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Love me a Silbergrau

GLWS

OtterEffect
07-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Wow those are some nice shots!

GLWS!

Vas
07-31-2018, 05:19 AM
Great photos for a car add.

Was the previous owner an enthusiast ?

Bimmerdude317
08-01-2018, 04:49 AM
Great photos for a car add.

Was the previous owner an enthusiast ?

Thanks Vas!

He was. I remember him telling me that he was only selling this car so he could step up to the M3. I wish I had options like that haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bimmerdude317
08-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Sold!