PDA

View Full Version : New ZHP owner

ComradeNick
08-11-2018, 01:43 PM
After looking for over half a year I finally bought myself a ZHP, and after a 2 hour long drive home I can say I am very happy with my purchase. I made a post Earlier when I was looking for the car but I didn't get a proper chance to introduce myself.

My name is Nick, I live in the south bay and am a college student. I first got the idea of buying a ZHP when I saw a 330i get traded in the dealership that I work at. I passed on the car because it had some engine troubles, but it led me to do more research and find out about the ZHP. After first driving one I knew this was the car I wanted, but that deal feel through because the owner refused a PPI and the car was a salvage title. Another 3 cars I turned down to mechanical faults, one of which had an engine replaced with a regular 330i engine. Finally I found my car and after coaxing the owner to sell it, its parked outside.

The PO was a master tech at BMW elk groove, so the car Is in excellent shape both mechanically and cosmetically. Performance-wise is has a Dinan Air intake and tune, dinan struts, and cross drilled brakes. The handling is exceptional so I don't anticipate doing much work there for a while; I live in CA so engine upgrades are pretty much a no-go until I move somewhere else. I plan on doing some work including getting an android head unit, angel lights, and possibly some seat upgrades.

I'm going to post some pictures in the next few days, look forward to being here!.

704sw
08-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

danewilson77
08-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ELCID86
08-12-2018, 02:30 AM
Glad you joined up. Pics!

fredo
08-12-2018, 04:35 AM
Congrats, Nick. I remember your WTB ad. Please post pics at your convenience. :thumbsup

Oli77
08-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Welcome... Yes... We.. Want... Pics

johnrando
08-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Welcome and congrats! Which South Bay?

ComradeNick
08-15-2018, 12:27 PM

Some quick photos I was able to take. My old iPhone can't really do this car justice. The paint on this car is incredible, it was fully sanded down and repainted in 2016 and garaged ever since, so smooth. The maintenance is all up to date which gives some room for a few mods, mostly cosmetic for now. I have an eonon head unit coming on Friday in the mail, and a new steering wheel wrap arriving at the end of the month. Depending on how the head unit install goes i'll also put some new angel eyes on the car, most likely orion v4s. The only other thing that I would want to do to the car would be some sort of seat upgrade, the car has the stock ZHP heated seats but no lumbar. I'm still deciding whether or not a lumbar retrofit is worth it or to just put some M3 or maybe even M6 seats in for a full swap. I'm still not sure about the swap yet so I'm going to hold off until I learn more. In the distant future an s54 + manual swap may be in the car's future but that won't be until I have something else to use as a daily. Until then I really can't complain, the auto does a great job.

This car is everything I wanted and then some, and was worth every penny.

fredo
08-15-2018, 06:32 PM
:like

danewilson77
08-15-2018, 06:35 PM
:waldo