View Full Version : Longshot, but are there any newer model sport seats that fit a ZHP conv and match Hellbeige 2?

VAB5
08-12-2018, 04:59 PM
I'd really like to update/restore my interior (STANDARDLEDER/HELLBEIGE 2 (ARBEITSN (N6HC)), heated/lumbar. My options seem to be:

- Reconditioning/dyeing the seats. But my passenger seat is really dried/cracked. I bought the car that way. Not trusting that the fix will be good or durable.
- Re-cover the seats, but the aftermarket covers get mixed reviews.
- Have an upholstery shop re-cover. Expensive, not sure I'd get the results I'd want without re-covering both front seats, which will be pricy.
- Try to find better condition e46 convertible sport seats. However, this is an ever-shrinking supply. Been searching for a while.
- Try to find seats from a newer model that will match the Hellbeige 2 leather.

I'm exploring the last option. I saw a ZHP for sale that had black E63 M6 sport seats. That got me wondering if there are newer models with seats that will fit my ZHP and match the leather.

A longshot, I know, but I'm wondering if these exist.

das boots
08-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If I recall they are called Vader Seats. They are kinda hard to find. And the cost.

VAB5
08-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Here's the car (currently FS) I was talking about. It's a sedan:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?21692-FS-2004-Alpine-330i-ZHP-6MT-123K-miles-*Fresh-Suspension*

I'm looking for *any* that will fit and match the color. This is just an example of another seat being fitted to an E46.

az3579
08-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If I recall they are called Vader Seats. They are kinda hard to find. And the cost.

Vaders are pretty uncomfortable IMO, and have non-adjustable headrests. Plus, no memory for the power seat function, if you care about that sort of thing.
These are the seats from a non-luxury package E36 M3 coupe.

joeybananaz18
08-13-2018, 02:49 PM
I actually am refinishing a pair of new sport seats right now in beige. It turns out that beige leather heated sports seats are one of the hardest interiors to find on a sedan. I wonder if the same can be said about a vert. I've been looking for majority of the summer. Try the usual places (ebay, CL and forums for part outs). If not I'd say give L-seat a call and get a swatch sample and see how close you can get it. Post some pics- maybe a good leatherique treatment will do the trick.
My drivers was bad- it was too the point where I could see some sort of weave in the leather. I picked up some local sport seats and had a spare OEM cover from a passenger seat. I put the cover onto the driver seat and now both seats look brand spanking new. And soon I'll have heated seat- and nice welcome up here in NY.My car was ordered in florida so heated seats were never considered by the original owner.

ImolaAlex
08-26-2018, 09:27 PM
Vaders are pretty uncomfortable IMO, and have non-adjustable headrests. Plus, no memory for the power seat function, if you care about that sort of thing.
These are the seats from a non-luxury package E36 M3 coupe.

Vaders do actually have vertically adjustable headrests. But seems like the general consensus still is that they aren't the most comfortable seats.

Personally I wouldn't throw E36 seats in an E46. Would just look off

VAB5
08-27-2018, 05:19 PM
Vaders do actually have vertically adjustable headrests. But seems like the general consensus still is that they aren't the most comfortable seats.

Personally I wouldn't throw E36 seats in an E46. Would just look off

FWIW, I said NEWER model seats...