PDA

View Full Version : Didn't want this to be my first post.

Mo
09-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I am Mo and I am based in Blacksburg, VA. I hate this to be my first post, but I just crashed my beloved ZHP. I would appreciate any advice as to what to do with it and if anyone has suggestions about any shops. I am in school so I don't the time, tools, or space to work on it myself.

So the accident itself: I was out on drive with a bunch of my buddies on the way to New River and we were driving on the back roads around there. I came up to a sharp left hand turn and not knowing these roads very well, I braked too late and the car went full understeer mode. Thankfully there was a bit of a run off area but since it was gravel, once I got on it the car slid and hit the rocks on the side of the road.

I know it could've been much worse and I am thankful that no one was hurt. But I very mad at myself and what I've done. I already went to a shop just to check if they can get a tire mounted on the wheel because the lip of the wheel is badly damaged and they said that it should be fine.

My biggest concern is the fact that now the car looks to have positive camber and I am not sure if that is just the alignment or if a ball joint is torn. I limped it back to a friend's house and will take it to a shop on Monday. Please feel free to suggest what I should do for the body work and how much it would cost.

Anyways, sorry for the depressing post.

Here is the link to some pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lkQ18waPjCsLtFlCcseUOc86Mtct83Ua?usp=sharing

PetesZ
09-07-2018, 03:00 PM
The good news is that I still have a set of rear wheels for sale.

Looks like it could have been much much worse. If it does go into the rear diff cradle. Those are easy and cheap to get. Pain in ass to swap.

John in VA
09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Talk to the guys at BimmerWorld - they're in your area (Dublin, VA): https://www.bimmerworld.com/

Oli77
09-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the Mafia.

Could be so much worse! You can have this fixed and keep driving your ZHP, and that is what it's all about.

Enjoy!

dwonder
09-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Glad everyone is okay... Take it to a reputable indy to do an inspection. Hopefully there is nothing else impacted.

danewilson77
09-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the Mafia.

Could be so much worse! You can have this fixed and keep driving your ZHP, and that is what it's all about.

Enjoy!+1

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Newjack
09-07-2018, 06:02 PM
Sorry to see this OP. I'll echo what everyone else has been saying and suggest you take it to a shop for evaluation. A professional would be able to identify what doesn't look right and you can take it from there.

Best of luck on your journey

johnrando
09-07-2018, 07:50 PM
+1. Welcome to the Mafia. Hope it gets worked out and you get to post some good news.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ELCID86
09-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Welcome from Fredericksburg. Sorry for your misfortune. Hope you can get it sorted.

Mo
09-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will keep you updated about the car.

Mo
09-09-2018, 08:31 AM
The good news is that I still have a set of rear wheels for sale.

Looks like it could have been much much worse. If it does go into the rear diff cradle. Those are easy and cheap to get. Pain in ass to swap.

DM sent.