PDA

View Full Version : NOT MINE: BRAND NEW Dinan ntake

BADCLOWN
09-12-2018, 03:59 PM
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F32 3403129687

I think this is a pretty dang good deal

ZHPizza
09-12-2018, 04:54 PM
$245 shipped when normal price is around $255?

san
09-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Also one needs to buy directly from Dinan if they want to get (earn) the badge as well I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newjack
09-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Also one needs to buy directly from Dinan if they want to get (earn) the badge as well I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could just buy the badge yourself.

tbh this intake isn't really anything different from the stock box. It just has an extra hole drilled in the bottom of the box that pulls air from the brake ducting. You could just drill your stock box and fit some piping to the ducting yourself for a lot cheaper.

Only reason to get this would be the eye candy of the Dinan logo.

san
09-12-2018, 05:05 PM

tbh this intake isn't really anything different from the stock box. It just has an extra hole drilled in the bottom of the box that pulls air from the brake ducting. You could just drill your stock box and fit some piping to the ducting yourself for a lot cheaper.

Only reason to get this would be the eye candy of the Dinan logo.

Gotcha, didn’t know the badge could be bought :thumbsup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BADCLOWN
09-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I thought they were NLA, my bad

ZHPizza
09-12-2018, 05:28 PM

Only reason to get this would be the eye candy of the Dinan logo.It does have a larger filter surface area, which would put less restriction on the flow (similar to the BMWP intake), but yeah the stock box is pretty damn good.

I thought they were NLA, my badThe long tube version is NLA and $250 for a beat to shit used one on eBay. They had great power gains but stopped making them because they didn't fit with all of the various HID setups that were being introduced on the e46 platform.

I wasn't going to pay that much for a beat up tube, so I made my own version and relocated the HID ballast to make it fit, but might go back to a short ram/OE box for the slightly better throttle response. Makes damn good power though.

Newjack
09-12-2018, 05:40 PM
It does have a larger filter surface area, which would put less restriction on the flow (similar to the BMWP intake), but yeah the stock box is pretty damn good.
The long tube version is NLA and $250 for a beat to shit used one on eBay. They had great power gains but stopped making them because they didn't fit with all of the various HID setups that were being introduced on the e46 platform.

I wasn't going to pay that much for a beat up tube, so I made my own version and relocated the HID ballast to make it fit, but might go back to a short ram/OE box for the slightly better throttle response. Makes damn good power though.Long tube is the way to go if you ever do CAI on these cars.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JPMo
09-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Is the Dinan box worth it if only 3 of your stock airbox clips are remaining....:eeps

Sockethead
09-13-2018, 07:54 PM
The dinan air box has a tube that goes down to the left air duct and comes with a new, larger top to hold in the filter which is completely different than the stock flat filter

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/e856cf05d98cfa3ed8379009c024e023.jpg