PDA

View Full Version : Useless headlights

Bludsport
09-15-2018, 09:17 PM
I’ve always been annoyed that the 2 inner headlights are used as only flash to pass lights. I’m pretty sure that this is a US only thing for imports and why I don’t know, or care for that matter, I just wanted the option of using them so I patched the fog light wires into the inner headlight wires and replaced the bulbs in both the fog lights and inner headlights with much brighter bulbs. Makes for a wicked array of driving lights...flamethrower style!

JPMo
09-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Well they were also the daytime running lights originally. Did you have those coded off?

Bludsport
09-16-2018, 01:23 AM
Yea, they didn’t do anything but flash when you hit the blinker stalk. I knew about the coding option for daytime running lights but ever since I moved to the boonies I couldn’t resist a quad set of hyper bright driving lights. I’ve never really understood the point of headlights for daylight driving anyway. Seriously, if you need to see a pair of headlights on another car during the day just to know it’s there...then get the F off the road��

az3579
09-16-2018, 05:03 AM
This could've been handled through coding. There's an option to have those lights activate in addition to the Bi-Xenon high beams when highs are activated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dual
09-17-2018, 05:14 AM
This could've been handled through coding. There's an option to have those lights activate in addition to the Bi-Xenon high beams when highs are activated.
Can this be coded in PASoft? I bought a 4.5 LCM a few months back- learned later that the the PO had coded the BiXenons as DRL's. I'd like to restore that to the inner bulbs. I only have PASoft.

az3579
09-17-2018, 06:50 AM
Can this be coded in PASoft? I bought a 4.5 LCM a few months back- learned later that the the PO had coded the BiXenons as DRL's. I'd like to restore that to the inner bulbs. I only have PASoft.Yes PA soft should be able to handle that stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dual
09-18-2018, 08:23 AM
Thanks- I'll start poking around. I think I made an error in my post-

I'd like to restore that to the inner bulbs. Actually, DRL's are normally the fogs? It's been a while.

ZHPizza
09-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Thanks- I'll start poking around. I think I made an error in my post-
Actually, DRL's are normally the fogs? It's been a while.

You can set the inner DRL's in PA Soft. I think it's "Daytime Running Light US" in the LCM options.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?14456-FS-PASOFT-BMW-SCANNER-1-4

Dual
09-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Thanks!

spoonerDee
10-10-2018, 12:32 AM
Careful with running high wattage bulbs (if that's what you did), German cars cannot handle much above stock wattage before wires begin to melt.