PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Cloth front headrest

msbc721
10-25-2018, 04:48 AM
Somehow my headrest has decided to end its life , leaving me with an extremely loose headrest. Ran the part number, appears as tho you can no longer order any ZHP cloth headrest from BMW.. So my last ditch effort to find a seat of decent front cloth headrest anyone might have laying around.

Would love to find a set but one will do for the time being.

ZHPizza
10-25-2018, 08:59 AM
Man...I juuuuust might be able to make something work here. Just maybe. Give me the weekend to look at some options.

If you want an entire set of Alcantara seats in a great condition, then we can definitely make it work.

ventura_328Ci
10-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Just a thought: couldn't you purchase a cheap E46 headrest of any color/material and swap over your existing alcantara cloth cover onto the foam/base of the new one? I figure that would solve your loose headrest problem, as the looseness must be due to the plastic insert that houses the metal bars inside the foam base wearing out over time.

nweshner
11-01-2018, 03:28 PM
I can confirm that the internals are interchangeable. Remove the headrest from your seat and flip it over and carefully remove the ends of the fabric from where they fold in and clip into place via a plastic channel. Reach into the headrest foam and remove the broken pieces of plastic. The remaining plastic can be removed easily and installation of a replacement plastic/post is very simple. If you have any questions pm me. I’ve even got a spare to show you if you need video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk