PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2005 BMW 330iT ZHP 6MT - The ZHP Touring is for sale...

slater
11-04-2018, 10:02 PM
UPDATE 11/12/18: deposit received! :)

It is with a seriously heavy heart that i am listing the ZHP Touring for sale.

For those of you that know me, this car and its’ build have been chronicled in detail on here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?19240-peter-s-Touring-project). I am a reasonable guy and am not out to hide anything, so this car is presented here with all of its glory, and all of its shortcomings. It is a car that I’ve poured my imagination, time, and resources into. It is a car that has been with me through some very trying times in my life. It has carried me to work, it has tackled on- and off-ramps, twisties, stop and go traffic, grocery runs, snow storms… carried my kids, various oversized car parts, an oven… it is the very definition of “all-purpose.” It was built with longevity and durability in mind, with the addition of the VinceBar and VinceSkinz, as well as numerous new parts and refurbishments. It was also built for fun, comfort and aesthetic appeal – I was, let’s just say, extremely thorough in the build of this car into a true 330iT ZHP Touring – if ever BMW had made one – with a few additional touches with only make for more fun. This car has incredible response, balance, and noise.

I am listing it here for $11,500 USD. Which, if you tried to build one to the spec that i built this one, you would find quite a feat. I can assist for any US buyers with paperwork and advice on the importation process – it is very easy.

You will not be disappointed in the driving experience.

Please PM me, email me (peterslater79 AT gmail DOT com), or text/call me at 416 nine one nine 2618.

Thanks! :)

Peter

=====================================

Chassis:
- 2005 330iT ZHP (originally 2005 325iT RWD 5-speed)
- 252K KMs (155K miles)
- VIN: WBAEN33475EZ15717
- 1/~4200 Tourings built for North America; originally 1/7 in the spec it was delivered in; now 1/1
- 2 owners since new

Engine:
- 2004 M54B30 ZHP engine that was from my own ZHP sedan that I owned for 4 years
- DME reflashed with latest ZHP software
- OEM M3 engine mounts
- VANOS rebuilt (2015)
- New OEM valve cover (2016)
- Fresh gaskets throughout (valve cover, oil pan, OFHG) (12/2017)
- Fresh belts (12/2017)
- G.A.S. CCV (12/2017)
- G.A.S. expansion tank cap
- New OEM radiator (2017)
- Full cooling system refresh (2015)
- New OEM coil packs (2017)
- Fresh spark plugs (12/2017)
- Fresh cabin filter (12/2017)
- aFe Pro Dry S intake with freshly cleaned filter (12/2017)
- BMW Performance exhaust (12/2017); potentially the last one ever available in North America
- STETT silicone intake boots
- Recent MAF sensor (2017)
- Inspected and re-o-ringed DISA valve
- Fresh coolant (12/2017)
- A/C works 90%; could use a purge and re-fill
- Oil change @ 238K KMs with Shell Rotella T6 5w40 and LubriMoly Ceratec (next treatment due at 288K KMs)
- Oil change at 248K KMs with Shell Rotella T6 5w40 and LubriMoly MoS2 treatment

Transmission:
- 6-speed ZF from my ZHP sedan
- Fresh OEM M3 transmission mounts
- Valeo SMF conversion kit with new clutch (12/2017)
- New rear main seal, throw-out bearing, selector fork pin (metal)
- CDV delete
- Fluid changed with OEM BMW MTL (2016)
- RTD ‘mini’ 300mm return-to-center shifter
- AKG DSSR
- Fresh selector rod bushing
- Stock shifter components included

Drivetrain:
- Fresh giubo/flex disk (12/2015)
- Fresh driveshaft carrier bearing (12/2015)
- MFactory 3.46 helical LSD (12/2015)
- TMS aluminum rear subframe mounts (12/2017)
- VinceBar and VinceSkinz epoxy + rivet-on RACP reinforcement kits (12/2017)
- ECS polyurethane rear diff mounts

Suspension:
- OEM ZHP hubs and trailing/control arms from my 2004 ZHP sedan
- OEM ZHP coupe springs
- Koni Yellow adjustable front struts
- Bilstein PSS9 10-way adjustable shocks
- Rogue rear strut mounts
- Fresh ZHP front control arms (12/2017)
- Fresh OEM tie rod assemblies (12/2017)
- ZHP steering rack (13.7:1) with fresh Redline PS fluid (12/2017)
- AKG polyurethane FCABs
- BW sealed spherical RTABs
- OEM M3 upper + lower outer RCABs
- M3 front swaybar (26mm) with polyurethane bushings
- Fresh OEM front swaybar endlinks (12/2017)
- E46 ‘vert rear swaybar (20mm)
- Front strut bar
- OEM front strut reinforcement plates

Brakes:

- Fresh calipers front and rear (8/2018)
- Fresh rear rotors (8/2018)
- Rebuilt handbrake assemblies (8/2018)
- Fresh brake fluid (DOT4 – 8/2018)
- Stoptech ‘Sport’ pads (2017)
- Front rotors (2017)
- Front soft brake lines (2017)

Exterior:
- OEM MTechII Touring bumpers and skirts
- Factory gloss black shadowline trim (delivered on only 17 E46 Tourings for North America!!)
- 18x8.5” ET38 Apex ARC-8 wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35/18 (7-8/32” tread)
- 3mm rear spacers
- TRS EvoX RetroQuik bi-xenon kit
- Fresh door mirror glass (2017)
- Rust in RR arch repaired and dent in LR arch repaired (2016), but paintwork was not awesome; small bubbles happening in weld spots on repair in RR arch
- Scratch on rear bumper (RR)
- Rash on lower edge of front bumper
- Rock chips all over front end of car – bumper is the worst
- Rust bubbling starting on hatch above license plate light bar

Interior:
- Black leather M3 front seats with power, heat, lumbar, and adjustable kidney bolsters
- Black leather rear seats
- Anthracite A/B/C/D pillars and headliner, with black hardware and grab handles (all OEM!!)
- Black aluminum cube trim (from my ZHP sedan)
- Black leather door panels (from my ZHP sedan)
- ZHP gauge cluster
- M3 3-spoke sport steering wheel with half-perforated leather and tri-color stitching
- FW rev 4.3 LCM with triple-blink and euro-hazard coding
- Custom tall Coby Wheel alcantara shift boot and E90 M Sport perforated leather knob
- Alcantara Coby Wheel handbrake boot
- OEM HomeLink module
- AUX-in for stereo
- M Sport dead pedal
- M Sport door sills
- Both airbag recalls done
- Manual-dip rearview mirror

Misc:
- Car needs nothing other than a new owner to enjoy and use regularly
- Comes with two keys (I’m picky about this)
- Maintenance spreadsheet and paper records from myself and original owner
- Car comes with a spare parts package
- Can negotiate a set of winter wheels into the deal

IMPORT PROCESS

since i have had quite a few interested parties from the US, i figured that i should add details on how to import the car to the US. i am only 1.5hrs from the thousand islands (NY; I-81) border crossing, and am willing to pick you up at the toronto or ottawa airports - i want to make this easy for any prospective buyer... it's what i would expect if i was doing it.

1. i get a letter from BMW NA stating that the car has no open recalls (easy - they will email it to me)
2. the buyer fills out the paperwork for the importation (it's 2 forms - see below)
3. the buyer purchases a MPH gauge cluster face (ebay is good for this)
4. the buyer flies up here to pickup the car
5. we install a MPH gauge cluster face
6. the buyer goes through importation process at the border - they basically verify that the car is the same as what is on the forms. you'll have to pay an import duty, which is 2.5%.
7. you cruise on home and then deal with getting it registered in your state; the car meets all NA federal regs, so the ONLY thing you'd need to change on the car is install a US speedo/gauge face in the cluster.

alternatively, you could have the car shipped - there are lots of companies that do the importation for you.

here are the details on the US CBP site:

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

the forms required can be downloaded here (3520-1 and HS-7):

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1704/~/how-to-import-your-automobile-into-the-u.s.

Prestovie
11-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Wow, I remember following your build when I was first looking into ZHP's, absolutely gorgeous. Sorry that you have to let it go, but GLWS! Hopefully it stays within the mafia :drool

sean96gsr
11-05-2018, 04:26 AM
Beautiful wagon, good luck with the sale!

joeybananaz18
11-05-2018, 05:07 AM
Best of luck with the sale. Are you looking to get back into another E46/ZHP?

Stigissimo
11-05-2018, 06:26 AM
Wow man. Was wondering what you were going to price it. I would even venture to say 11.5 is a steal..

Good luck with the sale Peter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nextelbuddy
11-05-2018, 07:51 AM
wish the very best luck on this fine gem of a car. I wouldnt change a thing on it and love that its red. i would so love to have a red wagon to match my red sedan.

the next owner is going to have a beautiful example of a wagon.

GDMChRiZ
11-05-2018, 07:57 AM
absolutely 10/10

I would let the shifter guts show with a nice ZHP knob. :thumbsup

slater
11-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Wow, I remember following your build when I was first looking into ZHP's, absolutely gorgeous. Sorry that you have to let it go, but GLWS! Hopefully it stays within the mafia :drool

thanks man, so do i!

Beautiful wagon, good luck with the sale!

thanks!

Best of luck with the sale. Are you looking to get back into another E46/ZHP?

i thought about it, but i ended up picking up an E90 335i M Sport (in one of the pics above) - i'll do a thread on it at some point. i just needed to distance myself from any reminders of the Touring for a while - the shift from this into something different is representative of more than just a car for me, it's like some sort of catharsis. it means a lot.

Wow man. Was wondering what you were going to price it at. I would even venture to say 11.5 is a steal..

Good luck with the sale Peter!

thanks nic. yeah, i think the price is fair. i am definitely losing a shitload on this car. but i hope a fellow 'mafia member can take the reigns and enjoy it! :)

slater
11-05-2018, 08:06 AM
wish the very best luck on this fine gem of a car. I wouldnt change a thing on it and love that its red. i would so love to have a red wagon to match my red sedan.

the next owner is going to have a beautiful example of a wagon.

thanks shawn! :)

absolutely 10/10

I would let the shifter guts show with a nice ZHP knob. :thumbsup

haha. not my style, i'm understated... and i love the feel of the E90 M Sport knob.

but thanks about the 10/10 comment! it's not 10/10 in terms of exterior aesthetics (i'm not awesome at that stuff), but otherwise it's pretty kick ass. :)

cakM3
11-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Sorry to see Peter, this is an awesome touring! GLWS [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

slater
11-05-2018, 01:50 PM

thanks charlie!! :)

johnrando
11-05-2018, 06:49 PM

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro+1 for sure!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

330i ZHP
11-06-2018, 12:54 AM
Wow, very nice. GLWS

slater
11-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Wow, very nice. GLWS

thanks stuart - means a lot coming from you!

cakM3
11-06-2018, 07:21 AM
thanks charlie!! :)

No problem Peter, I really hate seeing you having to sell this beautiful touring. Especially after all the work you put into her!

cornercarver
11-06-2018, 10:15 AM
A good friend of mine loves the Touring. He has a white one set up by Turner Motorsport (before they were ruined by ECS,) and might be interested...I'll send him your post. I think he's from Canada too; Might be some Karma there.:)

edit: BTW - GLWS!

slater
11-06-2018, 12:47 PM
No problem Peter, I really hate seeing you having to sell this beautiful touring. Especially after all the work you put into her!

i know, charlie.. i know. but life is life...

A good friend of mine loves the Touring. He has a white one set up by Turner Motorsport (before they were ruined by ECS,) and might be interested...I'll send him your post. I think he's from Canada too; Might be some Karma there.:)

edit: BTW - GLWS!

thanks man, i appreciate it!! :)

Stigissimo
11-08-2018, 01:16 PM
...so how is this not sold yet?

ZHPizza
11-08-2018, 08:40 PM
...so how is this not sold yet?He got like 6 emails about it while we were at dinner the other night. I think the hurdle of importing the car to the US is the only thing holding people back.

Stigissimo
11-08-2018, 08:51 PM
He got like 6 emails about it while we were at dinner the other night. I think the hurdle of importing the car to the US is the only thing holding people back.

Those people be ignant because if I didn’t already own a wagon I’d have bought this 3 days ago.

Matter of fact still kind of want to buy it, if not just for some of the parts COUGH bmw exhaust COUGH lsd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZHPizza
11-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Those people be ignant because if I didn’t already own a wagon I’d have bought this 3 days ago.

Matter of fact still kind of want to buy it, if not just for some of the parts COUGH bmw exhaust COUGH lsd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProCouldn't blame you, but the sum of the parts is really the ticket with this car. He's got around 30 hours alone in the Vincebar reinforcement with how detailed he was in the prep and sealing. The whole back end of this thing is open to haul lumber, yet it feels more stable than any e46 coupe or sedan I've driven. Truly the work of a madman.

Sockethead
11-09-2018, 05:36 AM
He's got around 30 hours alone in the Vincebar Truly the work of a madman.

Lol, Definitely, I was thinking this when he was doing it.... all those hours laying under the car... my body hurt just thinking about it.

This would be the perfect car for the wife... if it wasn't red, I'd be up there buying it... I'd put that motor in my car and do an S54 conversion on the wagon... Kristen and I have already talked about that possibility but she won't drive a red car...

ZHPizza
11-09-2018, 07:53 AM
This would be the perfect car for the wife... if it wasn't red, I'd be up there buying it... I'd put that motor in my car and do an S54 conversion on the wagon... Kristen and I have already talked about that possibility but she won't drive a red car...

Dawg. Spend $1500-$2000 on an estoril wrap and you're still coming away with a killer deal.

Then pay a shop to do all the swaps cuz ain't no way you'll ever have time for all that lol

Sockethead
11-09-2018, 09:05 AM
Ha! yea that would be like, a year project for me....but that's a whole 'nother story... don't want to clog up Peter's FS thread

RUS_ZHP
11-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Peter's touring is steal for that asking price, considering how much love, time, energy and money he spent.
That would be almost ideal daily car for me. But I spent so much money for both of my cars these year, so I cannot just go sell my Imola zhp and buy this touring, even though I am thinking about it everyday.
Damn, should I go and take a loan at bank and sell my Imola....I am afraid I'll be divorced after that decision-:)))))

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ELCID86
11-09-2018, 12:42 PM
The want is high. I hope it sell quickly!

Dual
11-09-2018, 01:10 PM
How did I miss this? GLWSGLWS and I want it.

slater
11-09-2018, 08:12 PM
...so how is this not sold yet?

LOL. for one thing - i have only advertised it here, as i ultimately want it to stay in the 'mafia. if it doesn't sell soon, it may go on BaT, and definitely on the local (toronto-based) BMW forum.

He got like 6 emails about it while we were at dinner the other night. I think the hurdle of importing the car to the US is the only thing holding people back.

yeah. it's really an easy process, but it still requires some strategic planning.

buy it and sell yours! :)

Couldn't blame you, but the sum of the parts is really the ticket with this car. He's got around 30 hours alone in the Vincebar reinforcement with how detailed he was in the prep and sealing. The whole back end of this thing is open to haul lumber, yet it feels more stable than any e46 coupe or sedan I've driven. Truly the work of a madman.

that is a wonderful compliment - thanks man! i worked hard on this beast. it does kind of do it all. i am going to miss it.

Dawg. Spend $1500-$2000 on an estoril wrap and you're still coming away with a killer deal.

agreed - when i read rob's post just now i thought the same thing. wrap and you're done!

Ha! yea that would be like, a year project for me....but that's a whole 'nother story... don't want to clog up Peter's FS thread

no worries, rob! all good.

Peter's touring is steal for that asking price, considering how much love, time, energy and money he spent.

thanks, man. yes.... i'm definitely taking a loss on this. it ain't pretty.

The want is high. I hope it sell quickly!

thanks shawn! didn't you want a Touring a while back.....??? ;)

How did I miss this? GLWSGLWS and I want it.

thanks!! :)

ELCID86
11-10-2018, 05:25 AM
I still do! I’m seriously tempted, but would need to unload the Red Rehab (that still needs a lot of work, but would be a good project car or “starter ZHP” for someone. Oh, and I’d have to convince my wife why I “need” this...!

slater
11-10-2018, 05:31 AM
I still do! I’m seriously tempted, but would need to unload the Red Rehab (that still needs a lot of work, but would be a good project car or “starter ZHP” for someone. Oh, and I’d have to convince my wife why I “need” this...!

haha. think of all the time (and money) you'd save by not working on the Red Rehab... because everything is done! :)

ELCID86
11-10-2018, 05:38 AM
haha. think of all the time (and money) you'd save by not working on the Red Rehab... because everything is done! :)

I like the way your thinking! I just saw your WhatsApp reply.

slater
11-10-2018, 06:52 PM
update - i just added the details for the import process to the US in the first post. :)

slater
11-12-2018, 06:30 AM
UPDATE - deposit received! :)

Sockethead
11-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Congrats!

ELCID86
11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Congratulations Peter. Looking forward to hearing who the lucky winner is. (I’ve been thinking a lot about it and am kinda glad it’s no longer an option.)

slater
11-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Congrats!

Congratulations Peter. Looking forward to hearing who the lucky winner is. (I’ve been thinking a lot about it and am kinda glad it’s no longer an option.)

thanks guys. it's definitely bittersweet.

fredo
11-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Well, this moved fast. Hope she goes to a good home.

Sreten
11-13-2018, 03:56 AM
Sorry to see this Peterman, but you had right reasons. When the time is right, I know a guy who can hunt down Estoril blue touring for you. ;)

ZHPizza
11-13-2018, 05:20 AM
Sorry to see this Peterman, but you had right reasons. When the time is right, I know a guy who can hunt down Estoril blue touring for you. ;)Nah you'll be helping him import a 335i touring because he ain't gonna give up that instant torque now that he's got a taste of it

RUS_ZHP
11-13-2018, 05:42 AM
Sorry to see this Peterman, but you had right reasons. When the time is right, I know a guy who can hunt down Estoril blue touring for you. ;)Do you know a guy who can help source e30 touring plus s50 engine? When time will be right of course-:)))

slater
11-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Well, this moved fast. Hope she goes to a good home.

she is. ;)

Sorry to see this Peterman, but you had right reasons. When the time is right, I know a guy who can hunt down Estoril blue touring for you. ;)

haha, thanks man! that is mega tempting... :)

Nah you'll be helping him import a 335i touring because he ain't gonna give up that instant torque now that he's got a taste of it

you mean, you will be looking to import one after you move to BC....??? ;)

Do you know a guy who can help source e30 touring plus s50 engine? When time will be right of course-:)))

LOL. that would be epic!! :)

GDMChRiZ
11-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the sale!!!

704sw
11-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Congrats, Peterman.

Sreten
11-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Do you know a guy who can help source e30 touring plus s50 engine? When time will be right of course-:)))

Why yes. :biggrin Finding a nice rust free e30 touring in the south of Europe and S50 shouldn't be a problem to source, that's a proper dream car. :)

RUS_ZHP
11-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Why yes. :biggrin Finding a nice rust free e30 touring in the south of Europe and S50 shouldn't be a problem to source, that's a proper dream car. :)For sure. The problem is finance and car storage. But there is nothing wrong for dreaming, right.

slater
11-15-2018, 06:25 AM
Congrats, Peterman.

thanks spenser!!

Congrats on the sale!!!

thanks man! i believe you are assisting with the cluster, so thank you for that. :)

GDMChRiZ
11-15-2018, 08:24 AM
thanks man! i believe you are assisting with the cluster, so thank you for that. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes sir! Glad I could help

BMWCurves
11-16-2018, 07:44 AM
I am so sad to see this go, but what a car, Peter. Seriously, a masterful job.

slater
11-16-2018, 10:44 AM
I am so sad to see this go, but what a car, Peter. Seriously, a masterful job.

thanks william... i really appreciate that. :)

...and to be honest, i half expected you to buy it!

BMWCurves
11-17-2018, 11:02 AM
If it were anything but red...I'd seriously consider it.

Although, I could always pony up and wrap it...