PDA

View Full Version : Parting Out: 2005 330Ci ZHP 6-speed

slater
12-07-2018, 08:58 AM
this is kind of a weird one... my first ZHP came back to me. i sold this car to a friend of mine about 4-5 years ago. he loved it and it served him well, but he needed a truck, so he asked it i wanted it back. it's got ~450K KMs on it (roughly 275K miles), but still runs great - the motor actually pulls surprisingly hard, trans is nice and quiet too. it's got some rust issues on the rear quarters and under the trunk, a variety of dents, and needs brakes all around... so it's going to get dismantled. it would just be too much work to get this thing back into nice shape, it's not worth it...but if anyone wants it whole, i'd be happy to do that too.

it's a 2005, 1/10 canadian spec. has HK audio, black cube trim (needs restoration - could be painted?), rain sensor, etc. lots of good bits here. PM me with any requests.

and.....a pic below from the day i brought it home. that was a special day that started a huge love for E46s.

SEGUA I SOGNI
12-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Interested in the steering wheel, passenger side mirror, and center armrest assembly. Are all 3 available?

lennylen
12-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Fog light assembly available? How are the headlights?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

slater
12-08-2018, 04:25 AM
Interested in the steering wheel, passenger side mirror, and center armrest assembly. Are all 3 available?

All are available, but I can tell you right now that the steering wheel is trashed.

I will check on the condition of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slater
12-08-2018, 04:29 AM
Fog light assembly available? How are the headlights?

Drivers fog is available.

Headlights are good, I was going to polish them though (still will).

3LiterStraightSix
12-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Front 2 inch speakers in the doors available? Also, what would you be looking to get on the cube trim? And what color interior? Thanks.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

lennylen
12-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Drivers fog is available.

Headlights are good, I was going to polish them though (still will).

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAre they bi-xenon?

slater
12-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Are they bi-xenon?

of course! :)

slater
12-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Front 2 inch speakers in the doors available? Also, what would you be looking to get on the cube trim? And what color interior? Thanks.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

yes, they should be available.

cube trim - make an offer. it will need refurbishment (scratches).

interior is black.

Zxseb
12-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Shifter linkage, transmission lower support braket, and front section on the drive-shaft available ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

slater
12-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Shifter linkage, transmission lower support braket, and front section on the drive-shaft available ?

yep, all of that is available, but i'd prefer to sell the entire drive shaft complete. where are you located?

Zxseb
12-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Montreal

slater
12-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Montreal

that's handy! :) (need an engine? LOL)

e46zhpm3
12-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Hey, do you have the steering rack? in need of one badly! Also in canada

lennylen
12-11-2018, 05:50 PM
How's the power steering pump? Mine just gave out..I'm also in canada!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

slater
12-11-2018, 07:05 PM
How's the power steering pump? Mine just gave out..I'm also in canada!

Pump is spoken for... sorry!

Where in Canada are you? Are you still interested in the headlights?

lennylen
12-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Pump is spoken for... sorry!

Where in Canada are you? Are you still interested in the headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDamn! All good.

I'm in southwest ontario, you? I am still interested BUT my brake pad warning light just came on and my power steering just gave out so I need to deal with that before I deal with the headlights. Hoping I can get it all done for under $1000 but realistically it probably will be around that much..

az3579
12-12-2018, 06:57 AM
Hey Peter,
My line on the pigtail for rain sensor fell through (car ended up not having it). Would you be willing to part with the rain sensor pigtail? Getting the whole harness from what I understand is a lot of work, so I wouldn't ask you to go through all that, but a pigtail with 6-12" of wiring would be great.

slater
12-12-2018, 09:05 AM
Damn! All good.

I'm in southwest ontario, you? I am still interested BUT my brake pad warning light just came on and my power steering just gave out so I need to deal with that before I deal with the headlights. Hoping I can get it all done for under $1000 but realistically it probably will be around that much..

cool, i'm eastern (picton - about 45min west of kingston).

brakes should be easy. i always get brake parts from autopartsway.ca or amazon.ca, cheap/free shipping.

Hey Peter,
My line on the pigtail for rain sensor fell through (car ended up not having it). Would you be willing to part with the rain sensor pigtail? Getting the whole harness from what I understand is a lot of work, so I wouldn't ask you to go through all that, but a pigtail with 6-12" of wiring would be great.

of course, man! not a problem. when do you need it?

az3579
12-12-2018, 10:29 AM
of course, man! not a problem. when do you need it?

Whenever! I have most of the stuff I need for rain sensor retrofit on the E39 (older rain sensor, new windshield, auto light switch is on the way), just need the wiring pigtail for the rain sensor, and wouldn't mind putting in a newer rain sensor as well.

Could you please PM me a price for the pigtail with and without rain sensor shipped to 06405?

Thanks Peter. :)

slater
12-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Whenever! I have most of the stuff I need for rain sensor retrofit on the E39 (older rain sensor, new windshield, auto light switch is on the way), just need the wiring pigtail for the rain sensor, and wouldn't mind putting in a newer rain sensor as well.

Could you please PM me a price for the pigtail with and without rain sensor shipped to 06405?

Thanks Peter. :)

cool, will do! rain sensor should not be a problem either, assuming i can remove it nicely. :)

CarbonZHP
12-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Any idea what SW version on the LCM?

slater
12-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Any idea what SW version on the LCM?

good question; it's a late 2005 build so it might be v4.5. i'll pull it soon.

i do have a couple v3.6's here - those can be upgraded, right?

CarbonZHP
12-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Theoretically but i havent seen him around. I have a spare 3.6 too. Id take a 4.5

az3579
12-13-2018, 03:14 AM
Unless it's model year 2006 I don't think it'll be 4.0...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

nextelbuddy
12-13-2018, 08:02 AM
Theoretically but i havent seen him around. I have a spare 3.6 too. Id take a 4.5

ive been modding 3.6 DYN LCms lately. been loading the 4.7 software onto them for people. if you have some 3.6 you want upgraded just let me know.

MsRN
12-26-2018, 09:19 PM
ive been modding 3.6 DYN LCms lately. been loading the 4.7 software onto them for people. if you have some 3.6 you want upgraded just let me know.

What does the LCM software upgrade enable? Also, what sort of shape is the CAI in?

cornercarver
12-29-2018, 06:02 AM
I need the following parts if they’re in good shape. (I’m assuming they’re the same on coupes and sedans?)

Item #8 here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EV53-USA-06-2004-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=41_1098

Item #4 here: (Need the Passengerside brake duct)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=EV53-USA-06-2004-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=51_3275

Below is a shot of the RF corner where the pieces are missing from my car...

Also sent you a PM...

JPMo
01-04-2019, 08:01 AM
If you have a black interior, I’m interested in the armrest if it’s in decent shape. Somehow the ring on mine broke

slater
01-04-2019, 08:28 AM
What does the LCM software upgrade enable? Also, what sort of shape is the CAI in?

sorry... no CAI on this car. stock airbox.

If you have a black interior, I’m interested in the armrest if it’s in decent shape. Somehow the ring on mine broke

the armrest is toast - plus, the shell of the car (along with all of the parts i didn't bother removing) went away on wednesday. :)

i will see if i have another armrest "in stock" (LOL)...

pedro2u
01-04-2019, 08:32 AM
Chris - you got me thinking about your comment "I’m assuming they’re the same on coupes and sedans?"

Not sure if you got an answer to that comment so just checked - according to RealOEM, coupes and convertibles are the same, but sedans are different part numbers for both #8 and #4 in your diagrams

cornercarver
01-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Chris - you got me thinking about your comment "I’m assuming they’re the same on coupes and sedans?"

Not sure if you got an answer to that comment so just checked - according to RealOEM, coupes and convertibles are the same, but sedans are different part numbers for both #8 and #4 in your diagrams
Crap. Thanks for looking into it Pete! I'm glad I haven't yet pulled the trigger.

Anyone know what is the difference?

MsRN
01-05-2019, 10:59 AM
sorry... no CAI on this car. stock airbox.

the armrest is toast - plus, the shell of the car (along with all of the parts i didn't bother removing) went away on wednesday. :)

Sorry—I meant stock airbox. Did you keep it when you sent the car away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slater
01-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Sorry—I meant stock airbox. Did you keep it when you sent the car away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, sorry - I tossed it with the shell... I figured that no one would want it!

JPMo
01-05-2019, 09:11 PM

Thanks!