PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2003 IR Sedan

RUS_ZHP
12-31-2018, 06:17 PM
Hey Mafia,

Time has come to sell my beloved Imola sedan. This car was the first introduction for me into BMW world, which secured the love to cars from Munich. I own this car for 5 years and spent significant amount of time and energy to restore, upgrade and keep the maintenance up to date. I am selling this car, because I purchased Touring, which was as usual with car guys unplanned, meaning that my sedan has to go.

Car Spec:

Production: 03/2003
VIN: WBAEV534X3KM03539
Body: sedan + slick top
Interior: alcantara, non folding rear seats
No premium or cold weather packages
Current mileage: 169,xxx. It will be slowly rising since the car will be driven daily.
Asking price: $6000

Detailed picture of the exterior and interior can be seen here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19PzDOL2grixLw_CvsOSUH8TNQapjVSSu

Mechanically car is spot on. There are some cosmetic blemishes, which pretty much consistent with the age of the car and questionable past owners. All the cosmetic issues are presented in the pictures below.

I have a project tread, which has most of the details and a very detailed maintenance list on the first page. Here is the link (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?17414-Rus_ZHP-project-thread)

Most of the work was done myself with some work by BMW specialized indyshop. OEM or OEM equivalent parts were always used.
Below is the highlights of most noticeable and recent maintenance:

All fluids are less than 1 year or 10K miles old
Cooling system - less than 1 year old
Power steering - 2 years old
All suspension, subframes, diff and tranny bushings - 1 to 2 years old.
Lemforder ZHP front control arms - 6 month or less than 7k miles old
TMS subframe reinforcement (proactive while doing all the bushings) - 1.5 years old
OEM 135 style wheels that has been respraid and straighten - 3 years old
Alcantara re-wrapped A,B and C pillars - 6 month old
Driver side alcantara seat repair - 1.5 years old (not the perfect color match)
All oil gaskets - less than 2 years old
Complete CCV overhaul - less than 1 year or 8K miles
Oil change every 6-7k miles. Last three has Blackstone oil reports.
Battery - 2 years old.
GAS DISA valve - less than 1 year old
Beisan Vanos complete rebuild kit - less than 1 year old
VDO fuel pump, OEM water pump and alternator - less than 1 year old
New brake lines that goes from the front all the way to the rear and connects to brake hoses - less than 1 year.

Car is pretty much stock with the exception of:

Shark tune
TMS underdrive pulleys (stock pulleys will be included with sale)
ECS tuning SS brake and clutch lines - less than 1 year
TMS limiters for RTAB
Z4 FCAB
M3 RTAB and rear trailing arm ball joints
M3 engine and tranny mounts
Retrofitted 4300K xenon lights with Morimoto projectors
3000K yellow xenon fog lights
Khoalty angel eyes

Cons:
Rear shocks are very bad. It was on my winter 2019 to do list.
Rust bubbles on the rear right quarter panel
Few spots of peeling clear coat on the roof rail and rear bumper
Scratch on the front right door
Car will come with:
2 keys. I bought it with 1 and made a brand new spare key 1.5 years ago
Almost new set of OEM mats
OEM staggered wheels with Michelin PSS tires
BMW Performance shift knob
OEM leather steering wheel with very minimal wear

Available for extra:
Set of winter wheels
Set of all season mats
Alcantara steering wheel - 6 month old and rewrapped by Coby

Best way to reach me, besides PM or this thread, is my email: zvezdoff@yahoo.com

Sergey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/8eaa37bd582dc56f9c9c009917efb4f4.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/359948e4660bac77c63bb78e382f1d02.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/04a40b961976ff838612f03080dd1ae5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/e7678cbacfaa2b9812908fc9679fb1bd.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/7c2581f3d7200e2800d1e6bc1d4cf782.jpg

joeybananaz18
12-31-2018, 06:36 PM
good luck with sale! looking forward to see what you do with the touring.

DeathTrap
12-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Pretty car. GLWS!

pedro2u
12-31-2018, 07:04 PM
Yes GLWS! I see those pics appear to be from Larz Anderson Museum. I met Chris (corner_carver) there this summer on German Car Day!

BTW - any recommendations for a dash cam (I see you are removing yours)? Been thinking about adding them to several of my cars

papa_g
12-31-2018, 07:29 PM
Sad to see you are selling it. What will replace it?
GLWS

RUS_ZHP
01-01-2019, 01:37 PM
good luck with sale! looking forward to see what you do with the touring.Thank you. Yeah, I bought a car two weeks and didn't start the thread yet.
Pretty car. GLWS!Thank you
Yes GLWS! I see those pics appear to be from Larz Anderson Museum. I met Chris (corner_carver) there this summer on German Car Day!

BTW - any recommendations for a dash cam (I see you are removing yours)? Been thinking about adding them to several of my carsI wasn't able to get on German car day last summer, but I went for a few other events. It will be nice to meet you guys sometime in 2019.
As for the dashcam, I went with Thinkware F770 because during the purchase it was on sale. I am very happy with it. It has a go's video quality during the day and night.
Black Vue are very good dashcams.
Sad to see you are selling it. What will replace it?
GLWSYes, me too a little since I was planning to keep the car for a very long time. Untill, Slater posted his ZHP build touring for sale. I didn't start my thread yet, but Peter's thread is very detailed.
My wife drives 05 white ZHP sedan-:)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sean96gsr
01-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Thank you. Yeah, I bought a car two weeks and didn't start the thread yet.Thank you I wasn't able to get on German car day last summer, but I went for a few other events. It will be nice to meet you guys sometime in 2019.
As for the dashcam, I went with Thinkware F770 because during the purchase it was on sale. I am very happy with it. It has a go's video quality during the day and night.
Black Vue are very good dashcams. Yes, me too a little since I was planning to keep the car for a very long time. Untill, Slater posted his ZHP build touring for sale. I didn't start my thread yet, but Peter's thread is very detailed.
My wife drives 05 white ZHP sedan-:)

Sounds like this car is really sound mechanically, it's definitely had all of the right stuff done to keep it going for a long time. Good luck with the sale, someone will get a really well-sorted ZHP!

RUS_ZHP
01-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Sounds like this car is really sound mechanically, it's definitely had all of the right stuff done to keep it going for a long time. Good luck with the sale, someone will get a really well-sorted ZHP!Thanks! All the work in the past was done with the mind of keeping it and here I am.

slater
01-01-2019, 06:41 PM
GLWS sergey!!

RUS_ZHP
01-02-2019, 10:30 AM
GLWS sergey!!Thank you Peter!

RUS_ZHP
01-03-2019, 09:15 AM
I searched my phone and didn't find a clear good pictures of the interior. Sorry about that. I will make a picture of the interior and add them to the original post.

RUS_ZHP
01-06-2019, 04:43 PM
I updated the original post and added a link with detailed exterior and interior pictures.

RUS_ZHP
01-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Bump. Reduced the price.

cornercarver
01-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Saw your car on CL and was amazed at the amount of maintenance work you’ve performed over the last year.

GLWS!

RUS_ZHP
01-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Saw your car on CL and was amazed at the amount of maintenance work you’ve performed over the last year.

GLWS!Thank you. Unfortunately, I am getting really low offers at this point.
Looks like surface rust is the biggest concern people have.

NYRhockey
01-16-2019, 06:24 PM
Thank you. Unfortunately, I am getting really low offers at this point.
Looks like surface rust is the biggest concern people have.

Yes, i think people are generally concerned by this more than the mechanical aspect. Rightly or not, if i was in the market the rust would turn me away even though mechanically it's in amazing shape. How expensive would it be to get the rust addressed? GLWS as a fellow Imola owner.

cornercarver
01-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Have you thought about listing it on BAT? Only $100 and you reach a LOT of enthusiasts who really appreciate well-maintained vehicles.

RUS_ZHP
01-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Yes, i think people are generally concerned by this more than the mechanical aspect. Rightly or not, if i was in the market the rust would turn me away even though mechanically it's in amazing shape. How expensive would it be to get the rust addressed? GLWS as a fellow Imola owner.Thank you.
I am never got it quoted. It started 1 year ago. I was talking to one guy and got an understanding that the only way to do it properly is to weld a new section.
I have a feeling even if I repair the rust, there will be some else that will be a pivoting point.
Let's see how it goes...may be I'll have to do something about the rust if car will be seating for so long.
Have you thought about listing it on BAT? Only $100 and you reach a LOT of enthusiasts who really appreciate well-maintained vehicles.I don't think my car will not be successful at BAT due to cosmetic blemishes.
There are only spotless BMW that are selling, unless it's something uber rare or collectable.
Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

RUS_ZHP
01-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Price is lowered to $7000. Need this sold so I can finally start driving my new touring.

RUS_ZHP
01-26-2019, 10:16 AM
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1gB-OLPp4NJMU7CCzyEMfP-070Iu8lUOl

RUS_ZHP
02-03-2019, 06:16 AM
Lowered price and updated mileage. I put ~1k since listing has been made.

RUS_ZHP
02-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Bump!
Lowered price to 6k.
Current mileage is 169,659 and car got fresh oil and filter.

RUS_ZHP
03-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Reserved

RUS_ZHP
03-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Well, I have some bad news.
My car got hit two hours ago by moron, who can not make a turn properly. My car was parked on the side of the road
Now I have to deal with all this insurance BS....and it will be accident report on Carfax.
On some positive note, car got another milestone - rolled 170k on my way to work.
I thought it will be sold by that.... not much is going on with the sale.
Bunch of people requesting information, but only two people saw the car and made redicules offers.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/d7e9f3b149de611a671fff085c06254b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/772e9bcbef16c96fdc438fa98430cbc6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/bbb61cfa080e5f84878560056fe9c692.jpg

joeybananaz18
03-07-2019, 05:52 PM
damn serg so sorry to hear that

fredo
03-07-2019, 06:36 PM
Oh, boy. What insurance does the other person have ? Some companies are easy to deal with. Mainly, the big ones (from my experience, at least).

johnrando
03-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RUS_ZHP
03-07-2019, 07:40 PM
damn serg so sorry to hear thatYeah, it stinks.
Oh, boy. What insurance does the other person have ? Some companies are easy to deal with. Mainly, the big ones (from my experience, at least).The other person has Amica. I only have experience with Liberty Mutual and it was pretty bad experience.
Will see how it goes.
Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkThanks. Now I need to deal with all this insurance BS.
Funny thing is that 3 people are suppose to see car this coming weekend.

pedro2u
03-07-2019, 07:49 PM
I know that when I've looked at cars with accidents showing on the CarFax, the owners never had any evidence of how much damage there was - at least not enough to ease my mind.

It's a plus that at least you've got the pictures to show that it was a minor event

fredo
03-08-2019, 04:38 AM
I heard Carfax will show accident only when a police report was filed. Some years ago, my e90 was rear ended at a stop light. Light damage to the bumper. Geico paid me $1300 to repair. That accident doesn't show on Carfax.

RUS_ZHP
03-08-2019, 11:01 AM
For some people Carfax is very important. I know that in many cases there are no accidents showed, but during inspection of the car you see evidence of repair.
In this case police arrived and there will be a report. And as you mentioned guys, at least I have a pictures to show for the damage.
My insurance didn't get back to me yet.
Here is how the damage looks like at day light
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/9688ca4ee600780a2395ec3650b5062b.jpg

cakM3
03-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Dang Serg!! Just read thru what happened...timing of this accident couldn’t happen at a worse time for you!

I’m assuming you were street parked. This is one reason why I will never street park my car. It seems these days the one thing you can count on are moronic drivers who can’t drive right.....

I hope you’ll be able to sort this out and find a buyer for your ZHP....

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

RUS_ZHP
03-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Dang Serg!! Just read thru what happened...timing of this accident couldn’t happen at a worse time for you!

I’m assuming you were street parked. This is one reason why I will never street park my car. It seems these days the one thing you can count on are moronic drivers who can’t drive right.....

I hope you’ll be able to sort this out and find a buyer for your ZHP....

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk ProHey Charlie,
I am avoiding the street parking is much as I could. Actualy, I stopped for a minute or so to put an address t my gps. Car was parked legally. However, I have no idea how this lady was trying to make a turn, but she was off by 10 feet easily and smashed my car.
You're so right, timing of this accident could nor be worse. Well, that's what I have to deal with - insurance and that crazy driver that was screaming at me like it was my fault

cakM3
03-10-2019, 05:17 AM
Hey Charlie,
I am avoiding the street parking is much as I could. Actualy, I stopped for a minute or so to put an address t my gps. Car was parked legally. However, I have no idea how this lady was trying to make a turn, but she was off by 10 feet easily and smashed my car.
You're so right, timing of this accident could nor be worse. Well, that's what I have to deal with - insurance and that crazy driver that was screaming at me like it was my fault

I hate drivers like that when THEY ARE THE ONE who caused the accident and then have the nerve to try blaming you for it...

I hope you're able to resolve this. Damned it sucks....

RUS_ZHP
03-11-2019, 11:20 AM
That is right Charlie.
I checked out two repair shops today. I didn't feel comfortable to working with them. I'll check few more places. Also, insurance did not give me a green light yet. God they are slow!

fredo
03-11-2019, 12:54 PM
What's the estimate you received ?

RUS_ZHP
03-11-2019, 03:50 PM
What's the estimate you received ?I did not receive the estimate yet Fredo. That's why I said that insurance is slow.
1 hour ago they send me a list of few places. I'll take a look on reviews and will talk to the managers if I can. I just want to make sure that I'll be dealing with good place. I've heard some bad stories from my friends.
I will share details of the repair and the estimate once I'll hear something.