PDA

View Full Version : Accidental ZHP !

Shawby1
01-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Glad to have found this site! I recently took a test drive in an 04 325 convertible on a perfect midwestern fall day through a nearby state park and the little woman and I fell for the ultimate driving machine! The dealer needed to fix a few things so we waited till they were fixed before we negotiated. The dealer took awhile ( three weeks ) so we were looking around at other dealers. We ran into a friend who had just started as a salesman at one unknown to us, told him what we had looked at and what we were looking for. He said he thought he had a special car just for us! It was at a sister dealership and we should go look at it. I was able to go the next Saturday but the little woman ( unfortunately for her ) had to work. This one was a 2006 330 ci convertible and being new to these knew very little. We took it for a test drive and wow it was much better than the other one we had driven !! I negotiated it down to where it was acceptable but was more than the other one by a bit. Signed the papers based on 1 owner (doctor owned) and was 50K+ mi under what blue book said average mileage should be (85K on the odometer) and it had been bought and serviced at the dealership with complete records. At this point we both were thrilled with our purchase and couldn’t have been happier. I asked my friend to get me a printout of the options as I had been researching the the car online and wasn’t finding enough information. Low and behold when he dropped off the printout to me it had the ZHP option!!! Hello to everyone. Looking forward to learning all I can about this car. Can’t believe how lucky we are!!! And yes my friend is on our permanent Christmas list for life!

danewilson77
01-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Awesome story and welcome.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

704sw
01-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Welcome! It’s fun when people stumble into something, or realize what they had is more special than they thought.

You’ll learn a lot here, and everyone’s always happy to help.

fredo
01-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Welcome, sir. That's a good story, glad you joined us. Please post pics at your convenience.

ZHPizza
01-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Awesome surprise. Welcome.

Reasoned1
01-19-2019, 02:28 PM
Welcome! Enjoy the car and the best enthusiast's forum online!

DeathTrap
01-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Great find! Welcome!

ELCID86
01-20-2019, 08:04 AM
Welcome, sir. That's a good story, glad you joined us. Please post pics at your convenience.

Yep [emoji1360].

papa_g
01-20-2019, 09:16 AM
And thanks to this forum, you will never have to take it to the dealer to get it serviced again (if you're ready to get your hands dirty ;) )!
Welcome

johnrando
01-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk