PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ZHP Sedan

racer2086
01-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Currently have an E38 with transmission problems. Would like a ZHP for daily driving for a smaller car, quicker car, and with a manual and 4 doors.

Year(s): 2003-2005
Budget: up to $8-10k but flexible
Desired location of vehicle: closer to FL the better (something in the south without rust)
Desired Mileage: 130k or less (maybe up to 150k if well maintained)
Transmission type: manual
Desired number of Doors: 4
Desired Color combos: blue, imola, space gray, maybe silver; alcantara or NB interior
Desired Packages: fold down seats, as loaded as possible
Funds lined up? yes
Have a car you need to sell first? no

Thanks for keeping your eyes out

GeorgeH
01-26-2019, 03:25 PM
Sent you a PM

Vas
01-26-2019, 04:18 PM
I got a potential candidate but it's on the west coast. Let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

racer2086
01-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Sent you a PM

Replied

I got a potential candidate but it's on the west coast. Let me know if you are interested.

Anything is a candidate, since shipping is a possibility to me. Just has to be the right car.

Vas
01-27-2019, 02:18 PM
Replied

Anything is a candidate, since shipping is a possibility to me. Just has to be the right car.Sent you a message.

racer2086
02-19-2019, 06:29 AM
Bumping this. Still on the hunt for the right one

amrozhp
02-19-2019, 08:00 AM
I apologize for hijacking this thread but are any of these cars still available?

tomnobes
02-19-2019, 09:27 AM
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/belmont-2004-bmw-330i-zhp-6-speed-mt/6822346541.html

Looks pretty darn nice. There's a few of us here in Charlotte who could take a look at it for you if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

racer2086
02-20-2019, 06:02 AM
I'm in the process of purchasing this very car. I have a family friend in Charlotte that will pay the guy for me and collect the title, but the guy is wanting cash instead of a certified check with his name on it. I'm not sure why, since a certified bank check is guaranteed. The cash thing scares me a little, especially since it is so much and above the amount that gets flagged by the bank. I'm waiting to hear back from him.

I wish there was an easy way for me to get up there myself, but this is the best I can do at the moment. If one of you wouldn't mind looking at it for me to get eyes on it and make sure there isn't anything I've missed, that would be great. PM me and I can give you my contact info.

tomnobes
02-20-2019, 06:05 AM
I'm in the process of purchasing this very car. I have a family friend in Charlotte that will pay the guy for me and collect the title, but the guy is wanting cash instead of a certified check with his name on it. I'm not sure why, since a certified bank check is guaranteed. The cash thing scares me a little, especially since it is so much. I'm waiting to hear back from him.Believe it or not, certified checks can be faked nowadays. If they could both meet at the bank thats probably the best route to avoid cash.

racer2086
02-20-2019, 09:14 AM
I decided I'm just going to fly up Friday morning and take care of everything myself. Flight booked, insurance secured. Can't wait!!

tomnobes
02-20-2019, 09:16 AM
I decided I'm just going to fly up Friday morning and take care of everything myself. Flight booked, insurance secured. Can't wait!!Nice!

BADCLOWN
02-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Cash talks, bullshit walks these days. When I bought my TRDP 4runner, the guy would only accept a wire transfer bank to bank

Looks like it needs some aesthetic fixings but other than that super clean, congrats

Vas
02-20-2019, 10:50 AM
I decided I'm just going to fly up Friday morning and take care of everything myself. Flight booked, insurance secured. Can't wait!!

Document the trip. Take lots of pictures and fingers crossed

racer2086
02-20-2019, 11:02 AM
Document the trip. Take lots of pictures and fingers crossed

I'll try! I'm always bad about that stuff. But it'd be a great start to a "build" thread, although not sure how much more I'll be doing to it yet. I wish I could bring my "essentials" tool box with me but oh well.

GeorgeH
02-21-2019, 07:43 AM
I'll try! I'm always bad about that stuff. But it'd be a great start to a "build" thread, although not sure how much more I'll be doing to it yet. I wish I could bring my "essentials" tool box with me but oh well.

One of my friends flew out to pick up a car half way across the country and checked a spare tire and an aluminum jack on the plane (for the return trip) lol.

GMBBS
02-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Congrats on the purchase, excellent combo. Now swap that front seat upholstery side-to-side!

JETSET303
02-21-2019, 09:47 AM
That is a gorgeous combo. Wish I’d held out for alcantara. Good luck with the purchase. I flew half way across the country to get mine. Was a great road trip. Wish you the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vas
02-22-2019, 05:03 PM
I'll try! I'm always bad about that stuff. But it'd be a great start to a "build" thread, although not sure how much more I'll be doing to it yet. I wish I could bring my "essentials" tool box with me but oh well.Any updates?

racer2086
02-22-2019, 10:45 PM
I just got home. I'm so freaking tired. SES light came on from what I feel is a slight misfire, but more critically right now, the headlights are insanely dim. I could use a flashlight and see better. What is the deal with that? Lenses are new, bulbs say Phillips Germany on them. Even with the high beams on light output is essentially nil.

You can see the light on the side of the building is waaaay brighter than the headlights on the wall.

On the bright side, it has dealer installed Bluetooth ULF, which worked great.

fredo
02-23-2019, 04:08 AM
Congrats on your ZHP ! Pls post pics when possible. Sounds like you have burnt bowls. Check this link for a possible fix:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11085-ZKW-Burnt-Bowl-OEM-Replacements

racer2086
02-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Few pics posted in a project thread. Haven't had much time since I've got back. Need to fix some stuff on this car, including the burnt bowls.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?22179-Ed-s-Mystic-ZHP-Project-and-Maintenance-Log