PDA

View Full Version : Recovering sun visors

phillipjfry
02-28-2019, 04:33 PM
Hi,

Has anyone ever succeeded at recovering the e46/zhp sun visors? I'm looking at mine, it looks like its fusion bonded around all the edges, and at the mirror opening.

If it cant be done, is there another model that fits the e46, like the e90 sun visor that I can recover to match pillars and headliner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fenrir
03-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Found a link for a recovery video. I'll post it below. He's working on an E90 visor but the process may be similar with the E46. If all else fails, ECS and FCP sell new visors.

https://youtu.be/WqNdwkDb2O4

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

phillipjfry
03-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. I watched that one, that's why I'm curious about the e90 visors. I'm going to buy a set from a salvage yard just to see if they fit. I was also thinking about buying a set of e46. I'll cut them open and see how they are constructed. If all else fails, I'll pay a professional to recover them in my material so they look good.

I dont want to buy new, my visors are in great shape, they just won't match my new headliner and pillars. That's why I want to recover a set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fenrir
03-08-2019, 08:39 PM
You're very welcome. And gotcha, that makes sense. Well, here's to seeing if the one's from the yard work! :)