PDA

View Full Version : What's the most fuel you have put into your ZHP?

dpark
03-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the most gallons of fuel you have put into your ZHP at one time when refueling? I know the user manual says the gas tank holds 16.6gal with 2.1gal of reserve.

I have never managed to get anything near that even when I have been driving with "---" on the computer.

Just last month I thought I was going to run out of gas and when I filled up at Costco it was still only 16.18 gallons. And this was driving around for probably 10 miles with "---" on the trip computer.

What is the most you recall pumping into your car? Has anyone actually filled up with 16.6 gallons?

Also is the 2.1gal reserve, is this in addition to the 16.6 gallons? or just how much is left in the tank when the "low fuel" light comes on? My guess is it is the latter as I can't believe you could put 18.7 gal into the car (but I would be happy to be corrected).

I average 23 mpg with my ZHP (city/hwy combined) so if there is really was around 1/2 gal left when I am sweating bullets, that is still ANOTHER 10 miles I could go before actually running out.

Just curious how far others have pushed it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190311/4d7c09168238bf6c21436689eda3d408.jpg

ComradeNick
03-10-2019, 06:19 PM
I put 15.9 in when I was trying to get it low to put some seafoam in, I didn't realize it had an extra two gallons lol I thought I was on fumes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

az3579
03-10-2019, 07:03 PM
16.5 gallons. I saw --- for MILES before I got to a gas station...

Fenrir
03-11-2019, 12:51 AM
16.5 gallons. I saw --- for MILES before I got to a gas station...Was about to post literally the same thing lol. The little gas station I normally hit in North Texas had closed and I didn't know. It was a looooot of hypermiling to get to Amarillo, lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

ZHPizza
03-11-2019, 08:03 AM
I ran out of gas in the 323it with 15 miles showing on the range computer. Don't remember how much went into it though :(

johnrando
03-11-2019, 08:57 AM
I think I put in more, will have to see if have it listed.

dpark
03-11-2019, 02:09 PM
So far sounds like 16.6 gal is the full size of the tank since the most anyone has put in is 16.5 gal.

That means the 2.1 gal "reserve" is probably when the light goes on. Otherwise, SOMEONE would have remembered if they put in 17+ gal.

3ZHPGUY
03-11-2019, 04:50 PM
I just checked 400 tanks and found one at 17,789 and one at 18,145 gallons. The Excel sheet seamed off and when I checked the hard copy it was the same.

I’ve been pretty anal about this log and it accuracy but, with 400 tanks there could be mistakes.

#3 comes in at 16.056

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
03-12-2019, 07:16 AM
I think I recall putting in 17.1 but I need to verify before staking that claim.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GotZHP
03-12-2019, 10:24 AM
17 gallons when the click stop didn't work lol. Trying to find that photo and I thought it was in my build log but I guess not, hmmm.

DeathTrap
03-14-2019, 04:49 PM
16.2 gals for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dpark
09-29-2019, 07:31 PM
Well new record for me 16.445 gallons and I was getting nervous. The "remaining range" was at 1 for a long time and I was driving on stop and go surface streets for several miles. I don't really want to run out of gas, but getting curious about how much fuel can really fit.

Some guys have said they put 17+ gal in their tank. I really wonder in another 1/2 gal would have gone in. I also live in Oregon so I can't refill my own tank. Costco does not "top off" so probably could have put a bit more in after the nozzle shut off.

ComradeNick
09-29-2019, 07:56 PM
Well new record for me 16.445 gallons and I was getting nervous. The "remaining range" was at 1 for a long time and I was driving on stop and go surface streets for several miles. I don't really want to run out of gas, but getting curious about how much fuel can really fit.

Some guys have said they put 17+ gal in their tank. I really wonder in another 1/2 gal would have gone in. I also live in Oregon so I can't refill my own tank. Costco does not "top off" so probably could have put a bit more in after the nozzle shut off.

35750I think its hilarious you cant pump your own gas in Oregon and Jersey. Just one of those outdated laws nobody cares enough about to change I guess.

dpark
09-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Dude, you are buying into fake truth. Wake up and smell the coffee. Pumping gas is INCREDIBLY dangerous. OR and NJ are the only two sane states in the union realizing this fact. Only trained professionals should be pumping gas. You obviously live in a state where they don't care about the safety of their citizens.

J/K !!!! My state is so f-ed up :)

johnrando
09-29-2019, 08:37 PM

35750Wow!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ComradeNick
09-29-2019, 09:45 PM
Dude, you are buying into fake truth. Wake up and smell the coffee. Pumping gas is INCREDIBLY dangerous. OR and NJ are the only two sane states in the union realizing this fact. Only trained professionals should be pumping gas. You obviously live in a state where they don't care about the safety of their citizens.

J/K !!!! My state is so f-ed up :)Yeah, at least in CA we have the sanity to ban those dangerous straws :]

holyc0w
09-30-2019, 04:27 AM

No joke, once I was pumping gas and I spilled some. Very dangerous

dpark
10-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Yeah, at least in CA we have the sanity to ban those dangerous straws :]

Actually we are in the process of banning straws. We have banned plastic bags in the Portland Metro area.

Pretty much all single use plastics will be banned in a few years in Portland.